The World of shadows

Oweno

Banned
At the height of their power the Mongols invade Alaska and find a whole lot of nothing, dont make it through winter impact

Keenir

Banned
At the height of their power the Mongols invade Alaska and find a whole lot of nothing, dont make it through winter impact

a winter impact?

if you're going to strike the Mongols with an asteroid, wouldn't it be easier to have it hit Mongolia? (or was there really an asteroid hitting 13th/14th century Alaska in OTL?)

ninebucks

Banned
a winter impact?

if you're going to strike the Mongols with an asteroid, wouldn't it be easier to have it hit Mongolia? (or was there really an asteroid hitting 13th/14th century Alaska in OTL?)

I think he just means the impact of the winter... I think...

In which case... well... I just can't see what consequence that would have on anything...

Well I'm sure at least stories would drift back to the Chinese unless no one survived. This would probally hurt the Mongols if they lose a lot of men.

corourke

Donor
I think he wanted to know the impact of the scenario he is describing, namely, that a bunch of Mongols died in a terribly improbably invasion of Alaska. What happens next?

Kind of like the Chaos TL, I guess, but more poorly phrased.

ninebucks

Banned
In any case, the Mongol Hoardes are too decentralised to have even a large loss in the Pacific region make much of a difference in the West.

Oweno

Banned
I meant the impact of the scenairio. Also the Mongols come back but do not conquer Alaska.

Okay so you mean that the Mongols go to Alaska than turn back and come back to Asia. Well in that case than the Eastern World would now about the New World long before the Europeans. Unless of course the Europeans find out durring the Mongol invasoin. The Middle East would also probally figure out but this is all relative to when the Mongols discover it.

most of the mongols are killed in alaska, the rest die on the way home. nothing is ever heard about alaska again.

In the Mongol's mind Siberia itself was a whole lot of nothing. People considered that exile there was worse than death penalty. That's why they never attempted to do anything in Siberia, and why they didn't find Alaska in the first place.