The World of Amerika 1997

OTOH, France and Italy have strong homegrown Communist movements (with Italy's PCI being amongst the largest non-ruling Communist parties in the world at the time), so there's that to consider when discussing the fate of Western Europe in Amerika. I imagine the "Finlandized" Western Europe to be one where Eurocommunists are a prominent force in the ruling coalition, at least in French/Italian politics.

Last edited:
I imagine to preserve the sham of the UN being a "neutral" organization, the HQ of the UN was moved to Helsinki or some other pro-Soviet neutral country
I'm thinking Switzerland here, as they already have at least some buildings from the League of Nations era for the new headquarters.
Korea has also been forcibly reunified under the Kims, with predictable results for the people in the South.
Got me thinking about good ol' Sun Myung Moon and the Unification Church. I guess the Soviets would allow Moon to be extradited from the United States into the newly unified Korea as a token of goodwill.

Actually, does anyone have any ideas as to how religious movements, both regular and extremist, would be affected? A few extra Waco-like events sounds quite likely to me at least.

OTOH, France and Italy have strong homegrown Communist movements (with Italy's PCI being amongst the largest non-ruling Communist parties in the world at the time), so there's that to consider when discussing the fate of Western Europe in Amerika. I imagine the "Finlandized" Western Europe to be one where Eurocommunists are a prominent force in the ruling coalition, at least in French/Italian politics.
yes but the eurocommunist were not really that friendly with Moscow, on the contrary, they wanted go on a much more different path that the one enstablished by the URSS and were much akin social-democrat than communist, Enrico Berlinguer leader of the PCI and one of the most prominet member of the eurocommunist movement openly said that he felt to be more safe in NATO that out of it.
Plus a lot of the antiamericanism of the italian politics will suddenly become anti russian once THEY become the ultradominant power of the world

Actually, does anyone have any ideas as to how religious movements, both regular and extremist, would be affected? A few extra Waco-like events sounds quite likely to me at least.
Maybe the religious crazies and survivivalist nuts and preppers will be the first to resist to the soviet authorities and be dealt in a very quick and extremely bloody manner; the 'fun' thing will be a clear demonstration how 'usefull' will be all that weapon in the hand of civilian to resist the foreign tyrants