• US, Canada and Australia only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Announcement + Teaser

qazse

Gone Fishin'
Hello everyone! This is qazse here!

I would like to announce the Winkel-Tripel BAM, a brand-new basemap being made in the Winket Tripel projection! Winkel Tripel has always been one of my favourite projections, and I thought it was time to give the projection of Nat Geo some love.

I also noticed that essentially all of the currently available basemaps here are either the Worlda projection or equirectangular, so I hope this project inspires people to make more basemaps in different projections.

With that said, here's progress so far! Only Antarctica is complete for now, but I hope to have the shorelines complete by mid-April at the least.
winkel tripel bam.png

You should cut off all of the unnecessary black around th3 edges.
Minor suggestion aside, I don't see this as particularly useful. We'vealready got the psuedo-Robinson maps (WorldA, Quarter-Bam, QBam, MBam), the XK-Bams (2K, 5K, 8K), and the EqualX maps; that's enough for me, and probably for most. But if you really need a Winkel-Tripel for your personal usage, by all means go ahead!

version i.d. 0.2.2

qazse

Gone Fishin'
version i.d. 0.2.2
Changelog:
  • Added regions: Melanesia, Micronesia and Polynesia
  • Countries are now shown with colour!
  • Unnecessary blank space around the map has been removed
winkel tripel bam.png

version i.d. 0.4.1

qazse

Gone Fishin'
version i.d. 0.4.1
Changelog:
  • Added regions: South Caucasia and European Russia (sans Kaliningrad and Crimea)
    NOTE: I'm not quite sure I'm happy with how uhh... the Franz Joseph Islands look. Do they look okay, and if so, could someone help me patch them? Thx!
winkel tripel bam.png