The White Rose Blooms - A Collaborative Timeline

1491 - Part 1

March
: With the truce ending, the Marquis of Pescara leads the new Castillian-Aragonese force into Granada. This time, the heroic Granadan resistance of the previous war is not so lucky, as the vengeful Spaniards are much more prepared for the asynchronous warfare of the Granadans. The battle of Guadix is a heavy defeat for the Granadans, as experienced artillery of the Christians buries the muslim armies in rubble, stone and iron. With their army defeated, the Granadans retreat to their holdouts, which start falling one by one as Castille's experienced artillery forces bring down city after city.

May: Isabella of Aragon, Princess of Portugal and her husband, Afonso the royal infante, retreat to Evora to spend time together away from the prying eyes of the court. Isabella of Aragon becames pregnant during their stay at Evora.

Last edited:
1491 - Part 2
Isabella of Aragon delivers healthy twins over winter: a boy and a girl, who are respectively named for Isabella's father and Alfonso's mother.
Unfortunately, during the labor, she had lost a lot of blood and therefore she is currently in a death-like state of unconsciousness, barely clinging to life.
To everyone's surprise, Isabella of Castile had also been pregnant, despite being forty years old. She gives birth to another daughter, Leonor.
Elizabeth Woodville has fallen ill and is now bedridden.

Why the rush to marry off your twelve year old daughter?
The marriage isn't consumated, but Joana was sent over to Burgundy like many Princesses of the time to be raised amongst the Flemings and Dutch to learn their culture. Also, a way to guarantee the Burgundians cannot annul the marriage.

The marriage isn't consumated, but Joana was sent over to Burgundy like many Princesses of the time to be raised amongst the Flemings and Dutch to learn their culture. Also, a way to guarantee the Burgundians cannot annul the marriage.
Cannot annul?
Margaret of Austria (fiancee of Charles VIII) would like to say hello

Margaret of Austria (fiancee of Charles VIII) would like to say hello
Margaret of Austria and Charles never did technically marry - they were promised, bethroded. Juana and Philip have married, as in, actually been sanctified by the church, they simply haven't consumated it yet, as neither of them if of age to consumate it.

Margaret of Austria and Charles never did technically marry - they were promised, bethroded. Juana and Philip have married, as in, actually been sanctified by the church, they simply haven't consumated it yet, as neither of them if of age to consumate it.
But why would Juana being in Burgundy mean the marriage won't be annulled?

But why would Juana being in Burgundy mean the marriage won't be annulled?
Because Juana is not the same desperate child that three-year old Margaret was - at this point she has her own ladies, her own "court", her own revenue (from her family). She and Philip are already considered a couple and must behave like one publicly - other than consumation. And different from Margaret of Austria, the Habsburg and the Trastamaras are not enemies and the Habsburg need that Spanish gold.

With the truce ending, the Marquis of Pescara leads the new Castillian-Aragonese force into Granada. This time, the heroic Granadan resistance of the previous war is not so lucky, as the vengeful Spaniards are much more prepared for the asynchronous warfare of the Granadans. The battle of Guadix is a heavy defeat for the Granadans, as experienced artillery of the Christians buries the muslim armies in rubble, stone and iron. With their army defeated, the Granadans retreat to their holdouts, which start falling one by one as Castille's experienced artillery forces bring down city after city.

Isabella of Aragon, Princess of Portugal and her husband, Afonso the royal infante, retreat to Evora to spend time together away from the prying eyes of the court. Isabella of Aragon becames pregnant during their stay at Evora.

Juana of Aragon is sent to Burgundy, where she and Philip will marry without consumation. Many in France and England are weary of this re-aproachement between the Habsburg and Trastamaras.
Its all a bit temporally vague, in which months happens the various events?

With the truce ending, the Marquis of Pescara leads the new Castillian-Aragonese force into Granada. This time, the heroic Granadan resistance of the previous war is not so lucky, as the vengeful Spaniards are much more prepared for the asynchronous warfare of the Granadans. The battle of Guadix is a heavy defeat for the Granadans, as experienced artillery of the Christians buries the muslim armies in rubble, stone and iron. With their army defeated, the Granadans retreat to their holdouts, which start falling one by one as Castille's experienced artillery forces bring down city after city.

Isabella of Aragon, Princess of Portugal and her husband, Afonso the royal infante, retreat to Evora to spend time together away from the prying eyes of the court. Isabella of Aragon becames pregnant during their stay at Evora.

Juana of Aragon is sent to Burgundy, where she and Philip will marry without consumation. Many in France and England are weary of this re-aproachement between the Habsburg and Trastamaras.
A. You should put which months each of these events occur in.
B. There is no reason for Juana to be sent to Burgundy this young. The Catholic Monarchs seemed to want to keep their children at home for as long as possible. Philip was betrothed to Anne of York anyway, so that betrothal would need to be broken.

B. There is no reason for Juana to be sent to Burgundy this young. The Catholic Monarchs seemed to want to keep their children at home for as long as possible. Philip was betrothed to Anne of York anyway, so that betrothal would need to be broken.
I think this was more because the danger of female succesion was very real with Juan being so sickly. Here, they have two more sons who can secure the succesion. I don't think there would be this pressure to keep their daughters as close as possible for as long as possible. Hmm, I did not see that post. I shall erase my post, then, so as to not mess with other users' post.

I think this was more because the danger of female succesion was very real with Juan being so sickly. Here, they have two more sons who can secure the succesion. I don't think there would be this pressure to keep their daughters as close as possible for as long as possible. Hmm, I did not see that post. I shall erase my post, then, so as to not mess with other users' post.
I think two of us have had Phillip and Anne offered to each other, so unless something changes dramatically, Anne of York will be the next Duchess of Burgundy...

January 1492: Granada falls, and Ferdinand and Isabella ride into the city gates. Elizabeth of York, Holy Roman Empress, gives birth to a son, Henry. Young Archduke Henry joins his siblings, Archduke Eduard (b. 1486), and Archduchess Eleanor (b. 1490). Emperor Maximilian and Empress Elisabeth have found themselves to be a very happy couple, and they host a merry court at Vienna. Elizabeth is popular among the nobles and common folk for her kindness, gentleness, charity, and friendly personality.

EBBFC3D8-74EB-4004-9853-92D95E9DD930.jpeg

Elizabeth of York, Holy Roman Empress

February 1492: Queen Kunigunde of England is pregnant again. Isabella, Princess of Portugal manages to pull through, but her infant son perishes from illness. Her daughter Eleanor is known to be sickly. Princess Isabella’s fertility is also of some concern, as she does not have her monthly courses after the difficult birth.

April 1492: Isabelle of Brittany, heir to Brittany, dies. Her sister, Anne, Duchess of Brittany, announces her first pregnancy.

June 1492: Elizabeth of York announces another pregnancy. Edward, Earl of Warwick marries Anne St. Leger, meanwhile his sister, Margaret, Duchess of Gloucester gives birth to a son, Edward of Middleham, named after the King. Elizabeth Woodville, Dowager Queen of England, dies, sending the court into mourning.

July 1492: With Granada having fallen, the Catholic Monarchs and the new Pope Alexander VI, begin plotting for another crusade to Greece.

September 1492: Christopher Columbus leaves Cadiz for a journey to Asia by crossing the Atlantic Ocean. Little does he know that he will discover a whole new continent.

October 1492: Richard Orlando, Count of Montfort, is born to the Duke and Duchess of Brittany. Mary of England is born to Queen Kunigunde and King Edward.

December 1492: Empress Elizabeth of York delivers a daughter, Archduchess Elisabeth of Austria.

Last edited:
January 1493
January 1493:
A man claiming to be the son of Henry VI of England who had secretly escaped the Battle of Tewkesbury shows up in England demanding the throne. He is very charismatic and popular and has already received support from France and Spain.
Anne, Duchess of Brittany announces a pregnancy. As does queen Kunigunde. But, Edward had also taken another mistress by the name of Elizabeth Boleyn. There is a fierce rivalry at court between Anne, Kunigunde and Elizabeth.

*NOT the mother of Anne Boleyn, but her aunt.

Last edited:
@EdwardRex Isabella of Aragon, Princess of Portugal (Afonso's wife) would not have had a daughter called Beatriz. The girl was named after Afonso's mother, Eleanor of Viseu. Infanta Beatriz is daughter of Isabella of Castile, the mother of Isabella of Aragon. (I hate that they repeated that name so often)
For some reason I imagined Eleanor of Viseu was named Beatriz of Viseu. Editing.

January 1493:
A man claiming to be the son of Henry VI of England who had secretly escaped the Battle of Tewkesbury shows up in England demanding the throne. He is very charismatic and popular and has already received support from France and Spain.
Anne, Duchess of Brittany announces a pregnancy. As does queen Kunigunde. But, Edward had also taken another mistress by the name of Katherine Plantagenet, the bastard daughter of his uncle Richard. There is a fierce rivalry at court between Anne, Kunigunde and Katherine.
The first cousin affair is kinda gross, not gonna lie.

I figure I might as well throw in an incest rumor (like the one that surrounded Richard III). It's funny to me. I can edit out if you prefer, though
Perhaps you should, as most historians agree Richard did not have something with Elizabeth, and Elizabeth did not have something for him. In fact, she probably hated him. Edward V is popular and no one would have any wish to spread rumors he had an affair with his illegitimate cousin.

Perhaps you should, as most historians agree Richard did not have something with Elizabeth, and Elizabeth did not have something for him. In fact, she probably hated him. Edward V is popular and no one would have any wish to spread rumors he had an affair with his illegitimate cousin.
I know that Richard and Elizabeth weren't actually in an incestuous relationship, but it certainly was whispered about...
I will edit

March
With Malaga, the Alpjuarrra mountains and Granada being the only part of Granada still ruled by Abu'l Hasan Ali, he knew that in a maximum of three years all would have been lost; beside he felt death close, so he negoziated a treaty; Malaga as a vassal state of Castille to be ruled as a princedom by his son Sair who was to convert to Christianity alomg his brother and be under his mother regency untul adulthood. Malaga would have had a special status, with no inquisition, and non forced conversions, forever,

April
The Treaty of Granada is signed, and Abu'l Hasan Ali dies after signing in the arms of queen Isabel. He is baptized by Hernando de Talavera seconds before his last breath with the name of Afonso, and Isabella and Ferdinand swears to him that the deal will be honoured. Sair is babtised soon after as Juan Afonsez de Malaga and he get his princedom; As he is a baptized christian and under Isabella and Ferdinand overlordship, and the rest of Granada is annexed, the Reconquista is completed.
May 1492
Anne of York's betrothal to Philip of Burgundy is broken off after she is discovered to be pregnant out of wedlock. She is shuffled off into a convent, with the public reason given being that she is too sickly to be able to consummate any marriage.

June 1492
Elizabeth Woodville, dowager queen, dies and she is accorded a magnificent funeral.
Both of these posts are not cannon, but the authors can move these storylines to 1493 and repost.