The Weighted Scales: The World of an Aborted Rome

That was quite the update! Constantly do you up the ante Errrng. Though I may need to go back an update or two to fully understand the situation...

The situation of a foreign king actually lending such a sizeable military aid to an exiled ruler, is it something that actually happened OTL?

I mean, i know i have seen it more than once in historical-ish fiction, and i am not questioning it happened, but i don't know if it was actually a normal occurrence.

Great update as always, it's obvious you really enjoy writing certain characters! :)

The situation of a foreign king actually lending such a sizeable military aid to an exiled ruler, is it something that actually happened OTL?

I mean, i know i have seen it more than once in historical-ish fiction, and i am not questioning it happened, but i don't know if it was actually a normal occurrence.

Great update as always, it's obvious you really enjoy writing certain characters! :)
Well off the top of my head, Maurice sent a Roman army to put the exiled Sassanid ruler Khosru on the Sassanid throne. The Ptolemies and Seleucids also did this to each other at times.

It happened in history more often that you'd think :p

Also, I'd like to thank willbell and Widikund for nominating this timeline for the Best Continuing Ancient TL Turtledove. I greatly appreciate the honor

Well off the top of my head, Maurice sent a Roman army to put the exiled Sassanid ruler Khosru on the Sassanid throne. The Ptolemies and Seleucids also did this to each other at times.

There's also the Persians trying to put an old Athenian king back on the throne at the time of the Battle of Marathon.

Still reading and enjoying it. Don't have any questions yet, but if I do I'll PM you as you suggested. Good job again too.

FDW

Banned
Unfortunately it's true. Ideas/ inspiration has run dry, so hopefully we shall see more Scales when it comes back.

Why don't you try looking up some stuff on Ancient China and India? I think someone like you could do some hilarious shit with those two areas.

Why don't you try looking up some stuff on Ancient China and India? I think someone like you could do some hilarious shit with those two areas.
I was gonna do some interesting things with Slyfox on that topic later on in our Veii TL...

This is truly sad as I no longer have this timeline to really look forward to. It was a great ride Errrng, thanks for the travels in the world of an aborted Rome!