[Writing] The Society of Warring Libya
The Society of Warring Libya
“One man’s heaven is another man’s hell I guess.”
- Julia Kaufmann, Travel Journalist​

645x344-1513635063244.jpg
[1.1: The Massacre of the Martyrs, 27 hours later after Haftar’s Death]
Libya is experiencing a short but consequential change throughout their society. Ever since the death of Haftar, the very institution that meant to lead them has collapsed entirely and what’s left of them have either left to their sanctuaries or crumbled under the pressure of the squabbling militias.

The U.N-backed Government of National Accord (GNA) was exiled from its base and settled in the United States. The House of Representatives (HOC) was forcefully abolished when almost all of are arbitrarily slaughtered by marauding militias (with the exception for Aguila Saleh Issa, being exiled to Toulouse). Leaving Libya with no institution considered to be legitimate by the international community.

w1-libya-a-20140521-870x578.jpg

[1.2: The remnants of Haftar's loyalist who regrouped in Southern Cyrenaica]
Six years since Khalifa Haftar’s passing, the social and political landscape of the country has become more diverse than before, with many viewpoints different from all corners of the nation and political powers projecting those mentalities into something they can manifest - both physically and socially.

ISIS thrived within the following chaos and set a permanent foothold within the confines of the Gulf of Sirte. New movements such as the Green Army rose from the ruins of the blunders of the National Army, paving the way for the Ghost of Muammar and his eventual campaign.

ben_guerdane01.jpg

[1.3: One of the following markets suffering in Northern Cyrenaica]
Quality-of-life can also be subjected to relativity, people ranging from Tripolitania to Sabha may have different standards when it comes to their perspective of good living: with the former living in communal harmony while the latter prefers the qualities of abundance.

Economic sanctions imposed by the U.S has prevented many useful incentives such as medicine and food surplus to flow through the populace. This has a drastic effect surrounding the coastal regions of Libya, although various factions have supplemented this with alternative and potentially dubious means of sustaining their economy.

66c05950-human-ok-1062x598.jpg

[1.4: A flock of enslaved West Africans in Es Sultan Camp]
Slavery has become a common market in Libya, a profitable and surprisingly easy commodity to exploit. While people outside may see this as a barbaric and morally wrong, some might justify it to be only the way to sustain themselves as the local marketplace either no longer reward the talents of artisans or it’s a relatively easy compared to other jobs.

Refugees mostly from West Africa desperate to reach Europe has become a huge commodity in the slave markets. Preferred by slavers due to their great numbers and their wicked view of racial strength, they played roles in all shapes and form: from a meager slave militia to even the highest position available.

zlrjg9etmb6fjc4vyvtj.jpg

[1.5: Brigi Rafini, one of Sabha’s notorious corsairs]
For those living in the shores, especially in the Gulf of Sirte, piracy has become an eloquent market. From hijacking wandering ships to kidnapping people from the northern hemisphere, the new generation of corsairs has thrived within the chaos and civil strife; with no one in Libya ever dare (or try) to break it up.

The Europeans living within the coast are vulnerable to kidnappings, especially during the night. They, especially the women, are one of the most desired commodities within the market. They could either be ransomed for a ludicrous amount of cash or enslaved for whatever reasons they consider desirable.

hqdefault.jpg

[1.6: Massive euphoric marches in the square after Muammar’s Liberation of Tripoli]
Gaddafi, once the tyrant that they despise, has become a reminder of Libya’s once stable past. Regardless of its realities, most of the people cannot bear the years of economic instability and look to the past to cope with their lives - with bread becoming more expensive than a meager phone. While some reminisce the good-old-days, others have manifest this nostalgia into something more euphoric - thus came the rise of the Green Army.

Libya-in-chaos-since-2011-overthrow-of-Gaddafi--1070x524.jpg

[1.7: A man left with nothing.]
Libya is no longer a nation of peaceful development experiencing democratic harmony. It’s a country confused, wondering about whatever future that lies ahead for them. They either succumb to the torment forever or see their country united once more. But who knows.

Last edited:
[1.5: Brigi Rafini, one of Sabha’s notorious corsairs]
Wait, wasn't Sabha landlocked? Do the Islamic States lend them their ports in order to annoy Italy?
Also, seeing how this corsair is Subsaharan and you said some slaves made it to high positions, has any slave or descendant of slave made it to head of state of Sabha or something close?

Wait, wasn't Sabha landlocked? Do the Islamic States lend them their ports in order to annoy Italy?

Yes, it's landlocked, but that doesn't mean they don't show any interest in the crisis. The Corsair makes huge money on the trade and they want a piece - ranging from ransoming to organ harvesting. They provided the Islamic States with a small detachment of their militias and a steady stream of gunboats from Brak. In turn, Sabha gets a huge percentage from their flow of income, and it has become a mutual exchange so far.

So it's not much as them having their own navy, but rather giving the corsairs some supplies and manpower to them make them more effective in exchange for a huge sum from the trade. If the Crisis wasn't a thing in the first place, they wouldn't have made an inland shipyard in Brak and just stick to kidnapping people from the south.

Also, seeing how this corsair is Subsaharan and you said some slaves made it to high positions, has any slave or descendant of slave made it
to head of state of Sabha or something close?

None. Some of them may assume positions of meager significance such as being advisors or low-ranking officers, but the idea of them sitting amongst the top hierarchy is dangerous to the representatives.

Tbh, I don't really have much to say on the subject of the slaves, mostly because I haven't put any thought on them... yet. The post just generalizes the idea into something short and comprehensible. I'm definitely going to write an extensive post on the subject in the future, but for now, that's the only answer I could give you.

[Character] LordBrit111 - Your Fellow Whistleblower
LordBrit111 - Your Fellow Whistleblower

ICTpf9U.jpg

1.1 [Not my real face, but wouldn't it be cool?]​

Sup guys, The name's LordBrit111 (big fanboy for Lord British, btw). I'm the dude who leaked those documents from the higher-ups and all that other nonsense y'all probably don't care. It's weird for me to be more candid with this kind of stuff since i'm trying to stay anonymous as possible, but I feel cocky this time so I might add some personality into this whistleblowing stuff. I work in the intel department, basically a place where people fuck around with whatever reports these people gave us and make something out of it.

You might be wondering why I'm posting this shit here and why not in 4chan or give it to mainstream journos or whatever. For starters, 4chan tried to delete an entire worth of info and threaten to bomb my house (but really, the virus they sent to me makes my computer wack). Secondly, I tried giving it to them but told me it ain't news-worthy (IKR, WTF?!?!). So y'know, rather than relying on dummies, I might as well post it here.

Also, people keep accusing me of making hoaxes and trolling... really? As if risking my life is the funniest shit I've ever done in my life. Just be thankful that I'm leaking these important files without expecting any compensations. And here's proof that I'm working in this stupid institution of old cunts:

Lavhesp.jpg

1.2 [This where the parents drop off their kids, btw]
Anyway, if y'all have any questions related to Libya or even the Battle of the Spratly Islands, just ask! I got time.

[Character] LordBrit111 - A Follow-up
[Follow-up]
Since I'm trying to elaborate on the war through a series of narrators (at some levels), I thought introducing Lord Brit first might be a good idea to insinuate such attempt. I love the idea of people giving their own experiences and stories through their lense. The problem with most threads I read is that they write anything like a novel and most of the dialogue being too hoaky for my taste. The perspective from the everyman feels better for this type of fiction, IMO.

Criticism and feedback are welcome if you guys don't feel the same about it.

Oh shit this is like the Tsalal poster on Green Antarctica, I'm into this
Anyway, if y'all have any questions related to Libya or even the Battle of the Spratly Islands, just ask! I got time.
Heard a lot of things about the west throwing wads of cash at warlords, slavers, IS and pretty much anything that will try to fight the Ghost. How much of that is true?

Also what compromising stuff did you get about the Spratlys?

Heard a lot of things about the west throwing wads of cash at warlords, slavers, IS and pretty much anything that will try to fight the Ghost. How much of that is true?

No...

Well, define west because not all of us are on the same side. France? Yeah sure, they're pretty blatant on their support for the army: they've been doing this since Haftar came back. Same for Israel, albeit they have their own different reasonings for supporting them (they're not having a good time with Egypt atm). Italy is a weird case, they're split between being assertive against pirate and being diplomatic; even the growing numbers of fascist back there has the same mind over it.

But when it comes to the Islamist and slavers? I don't think so. Like, imagine paying someone to burn their oil revenue. And it's not really a good strategy either; giving out the traceable amount of funds to any questionable factions in the conflict. Like online journalism and social media is a thing at this point and they're more advanced than before, and since we already have a shitty reputation of fucking over poor people, it's best to put those old methods aside.

Oh, when it comes to us? Nah! For the most part, we hate both sides of the conflict. IIRC, President Lars talked about a military coalition to set the country straight again, trying to set a more "progressive" army he said. IDK, his military reforms and foreign policies are kinda dumb IMO.

I'm still answering your next question, btw. Don't worry.

Also what compromising stuff did you get about the Spratlys?

That we're losing the arms race against China. I remember when our boss bitched on how incompetent our army has become and how the R&D department has turned into a joke. Let me rephrase what he said back then:

"I can't live with these stupid eggheads. Those goddamn chinks got everything while they're sitting there fucking over ergonomics and eco-friendly shit. They got hypersonic missiles and arsenal ships while we're can't even make our exo-suit work. I swear if this kind of shit keeps happening, we better off speak Mandarin."

I know he's exaggerating but there's some truth behind it. Yeah, our budget is bigger than theirs but It seems like China knows how to spend their cash properly. Two of our squadrons lost over a giant-ass laser and two of our boats got sunk by an arsenal ship. It's doesn't mean our army has become shit, it just means they're learning fast... and they're winning.

Last edited:
Has Russia shown any interest/sided with anyone in Libya?
What stance does the rest of East Asia have in this USA/China cold war thing?

Sorry to answer this late, my dude. Got some health problems I have to deal with. Anyway...

Has Russia shown any interest/sided with anyone in Libya?
Same with the rest: they're pro LNA. Nothing new. It's the same thing with Israel: they're trying to find new pals to screw over.

What stance does the rest of East Asia have in this USA/China cold war thing?
Japan have pretty much the same stance since the Cold War, nothing changed. But both Koreas is having a good time so far, heard they got some good-ass Whoppers in Pyongyang compare to our shitty stock.

Sorry if my answer is pretty reductive: There's nothing new when it comes to Russia's stance and East Asia isn't my field of expertise, that will be the Middle East. Plus, I'm still in the hospital; can't really say much without anyone looking at me funny.

Sorry about your health, man, hope its just a regular sickness and not a tiny bit of polonium thrown in your coffee.

If its not the latter and you're still alive I want to ask, how much of a threat does the government think the Ghost represents? Sure, they got a dossier about him and there was that whole Al Faid plot thing, but it's never talked about. And as far as we unleaked normies know, only other Tripolitanians and maybe some Tuaregs support him, right?

Sorry about your health, man, hope its just a regular sickness and not a tiny bit of polonium thrown in your coffee.

I'm sorry for not answering this early too. Just got out from the hospital; doctor pulled something out from my ear - not a pretty sight. But hey, I'm still alive: with no trace of irradiated rocks melting my chest. So y'know, let's answer this shit!

If its not the latter and you're still alive I want to ask, how much of a threat does the government think the Ghost represents?

Depends on whom you're asking!

The army thought they're harmless, explained that they're too unorganized to present themselves as a cohesive force and technologically deprived to challenge anyone with better gear. They can mow them down in a single week if they wanted to. There are some few people who say otherwise, Lt. Col. (Lieutenant Colonel, btw) William Zhou thought that their campaign over West Libya is enough to prove the contrary.

My guys back in the office are wary of them since the Al-Faid Plot. The rescue wasn't backed by some green runts led by Captain America or something, it's one of JSOC's finest- with the latest tech we can muster. It's bad enough we get caught, they paraded the last two in the Martyrs Square, dragged and maimed by the locals. To me, they're just fucking stupid.

And as far as we unleaked normies know, only other Tripolitanians and maybe some Tuaregs support him, right?

There are a lot of people volunteered to fight in Libya, 17,000 in total and almost half of them sided with the Green Army. And believe it or not, +2,000 of them are U.S citizens and Eurasians. Other than tankies and some fascists, no one seems to give a crap about them, lol.

Last edited:
[Map] The Neo-Barbary Crisis
--- Neo-Barbary Crisis ---

BFNIgSR.jpg

--- Description ---
With Marshall Haftar dead and the rest of his ilk bicker over the sands, the people of Libya is left to fend for themselves. Their neglect has led the desperate to either scrounge through the ruins or sets their eyes on a new path for living. From trafficking slaves to smuggling contraband, the chaos has given them new opportunities for the ambitious to revel. But it wasn’t until the total collapse of its institution that they set their eyes on the seas; with the Islamic State making a comeback to secure the Sirte Gulf and Free State of Sabha setting a new market.

Named after the corsairs that once ruled the Mediterranean Sea, the Neo-Barbary Crisis has plagued the soothing coast of the north and south - what was once a land of peaceful living and content has now crumbled and led the state of paranoia the people there are experiencing. They sail across the ocean to plunder and enslave, to carry as much riches as they can and lure the foolish or desperate to the clutches of their palm.

Stretching from the southern coast of Valencia to the sturdy island of Rhodes, these corsairs has an unusually terrifying amount of influence they’re operating in: they exploit the corruption crisis that troubles Europe and twist it to their own ends, leaving either none to oppose them or neglect those realities due to the influence they have.

The corsairs plunder ships that sail across the Mediterranean. Viewing the ocean as a vast haven for the market. they hijack the unfortunate vessel and dragged them to one of their bases; stripping every cargo and scrap they can wield. Slavery, with the patronage of the Free State, lure the desperate and foolish. The people of the shores begin to fear the night as the tales of their cruelty has reached to the hearts and minds, they pull their organs piece-by-piece and ransom them to the highest bidder.

The crisis has turned one of the busiest shipping lanes into the most dangerous areas in recent history. With leaders baffled and afraid and generals outsmarted by pure treachery and cunning, the corsairs are free to sail once again as their ancestors did as the world offers them opportunities to prosper. It’s up to the people of Libya to condemn this crisis as an act of barbarism or accept this their new way of life.

Last edited:
Small question but how on Earth did the corsairs manage to hijack a ship right at the French coast? I could imagine corrupt officials in Spanish, Greek and Cypriot backwaters would probably let them smuggle and close their eyes to a couple of smaller raids, but I'm not so sure about Italy, France and Turkey. Especially France I think would go a bit on a group of Libyans attacking shoreside towns.

Also I notice how Northern Cyprus is conveniently outside of the zone of influence of the Corsairs (and that the borders are different but I assume they reached an aggreement ITTL). Pure luck or are there an shady dealings behind that?

This is a great map btw

I could imagine corrupt officials in Spanish, Greek and Cypriot backwaters would probably let them smuggle and close their eyes to a couple of smaller raids, but I'm not so sure about Italy, France and Turkey. Especially France I think would go a bit on a group of Libyans attacking shoreside towns.

There's a little bit of misconception when it comes to how the corsairs work here. They not as much as plundering lonely coastal towns and razing them to the ground; that's a good way to get attention. Yeah, I literally wrote plunder at the second paragraph but that basically refers to the cargo ships and yachts sailing in the middle of the sea.

When it comes to the shoreside towns, they're a little bit cunning. They not as much drag them to the ocean in broad daylight, but rather kidnap them in midnight. They plan lucrative schemes to attract people vulnerable enough to fall to their trap, ranging from children to town drunks. If they're close enough, they either put them in a sack or drug them; there's a lot of ways they can do this.

And these are the basics, btw. There's a lot of details I want to elaborate but I'm showing this so far because I need to clarify some things. But yeah, Turkey is a mistake on my part, it shouldn't be there since I left Northern Cyprus for a reason.

When it comes to the shoreside towns, they're a little bit cunning. They not as much drag them to the ocean in broad daylight, but rather kidnap them in midnight. They plan lucrative schemes to attract people vulnerable enough to fall to their trap, ranging from children to town drunks. If they're close enough, they either put them in a sack or drug them; there's a lot of ways they can do this.
Oh so pretty much like the human trafficking rings in the Mexican-American border but with a more romantic pirate flare and grabbing north to sell south instead of vice versa.

Very interesting. It would be interesting to see what's happening in Egypt and Algeria. From previous posts, the Americans seem to be backing Algeria whilst Egypt is experiencing a split within the army.