The VT-BAM project

As someone who wants to make use of a map this detailed I'd like to help complete it!
However I'm pretty amateur when it comes to photoshop etc. what are you guys using to make the sections, and where do you get the detailed administrative divisions?
If someone could point me towards some resources I can see what I can do :)

As someone who wants to make use of a map this detailed I'd like to help complete it!
However I'm pretty amateur when it comes to photoshop etc. what are you guys using to make the sections, and where do you get the detailed administrative divisions?
If someone could point me towards some resources I can see what I can do :)
Personally, I use a series of specific overlays in paint.net and trace them on the VT-BAM basemaps. (I can send them if you want) As for starting to work on stuff, a couple of pages back there is an index of completed areas and a map of them.

Personally, I use a series of specific overlays in paint.net and trace them on the VT-BAM basemaps. (I can send them if you want) As for starting to work on stuff, a couple of pages back there is an index of completed areas and a map of them.
Yeah if you can send me whatever you can, like I said I'm not very experienced at doing this so I'll probably have more questions but I'll have a gander.

VT-BAM Basic Progress Map.png

Cambodia.png

Cambodia update FYI.

@Narmatonia Brazil is super hard, I recommend you do something easier like Argentina or Chile.

I think I'll be OK, it'll take a while but it's gotta be done eventually.
Although if other people are worried it might be too much as I'm new here, I can always start with Uruguay and Paraguay, then go onto Argentina and Chile before tackling Brazil. I've already done the international borders for Uruguay and Paraguay anyway.

If someone wants to finish Italy and France, he can do it as I am not currently continuing the outlining due to a lack of time, thank you

VT45

Banned
I’ll finish off the Caribbean soon and then start in on South America. I’ve got all the overlays so it should be pretty straightforward

You know what, they’ll be relatively quick ones so I’ll claim Uruguay and Paraguay and do them first.
It’s up to you whether you want to take back the claim on Brazil or not, depends how quickly VT45 does Caribbean etc.

On that note here's Uruguay:

Only first-level administrative divisions, as most 'departments' have few if any second-level divisions (municipalities); and even the ones that do exist, I can't seem to find on the Klime overlays I have. :p

South-East - Finished Uruguay (Small).png

Chile's all finished, this time in a spoiler so you don't have to scroll for 5 minutes straight. (Chile is bloody big!)

Massive credit to @VT45 and @Klime , without whom this would've taken months to finish (so many islands).

@Thanosaekk Next up I'd like to claim Argentina.

Chile.png