The VT-BAM project

I'm stuck with an enormous amount of work right now, I'm not sure when exactly I'll be back but it hopefully won't be too long.

Hello, I am very interested in the success of your project, so I want to help in the creation of your map. Forgive my ignorance, but I want to ask what programs you apply for drawing administrative units and how you do it, manually or with more technological means?

Hi! I am a member of the project (although currently not making progress due to being away from my computer). I am not sure what the others use, but this is my method:
Find a map of the subdivision and its administrative units you want to draw. Be sure to overlay it on the VT-BAM blank maps, so you can check if it's the right map projection. Then, you start to draw. Have both the blank map and the map you are using as two semi-transparent layers on top of each other, and begin to trace the border lines pixel-by-pixel. This can be time-consuming depending on the region you are drawing. Once you're done with the map of a subdivision, delete the layer with the map you found online, and repeat for the next areas.

Redcoat

Banned
Hi! I am a member of the project (although currently not making progress due to being away from my computer). I am not sure what the others use, but this is my method:
Find a map of the subdivision and its administrative units you want to draw. Be sure to overlay it on the VT-BAM blank maps, so you can check if it's the right map projection. Then, you start to draw. Have both the blank map and the map you are using as two semi-transparent layers on top of each other, and begin to trace the border lines pixel-by-pixel. This can be time-consuming depending on the region you are drawing. Once you're done with the map of a subdivision, delete the layer with the map you found online, and repeat for the next areas.
This is exactly how I do it, I think others do it differently idk. If you need something just ask me and I'll give a base map

I also have some premade overlays which cover most of the map and are available on request (though I might take a few hours to respond at the moment due to work and other commitments)

Many thanks for your reply, when I noticed it, I was just trying to paint your way

Брянская область.png
Hellow, Bryansk oblast of Russia is made

Attachments

• Брянская область.png
    Брянская область.png
    22 KB · Views: 432
Thanks. Now i want to made full map of Fillipino. Has anyone already start this or will I be the first?

AFAIK, no one has claimed or done the Philippines. I would also advise that, before you begin working on a map, you announce it in this thread. This way, we know who is working where and we don't end up working on the same area twice.

JJohnson

Banned
View attachment 387801

If you can notice, some of Lake Victoria isn't done....I don't have the water overlay and I'm too lazy to fix it. So can someone try and finish Lake Victoria?

Great work on Kenya. I'm not sure if this is the place for it, but a map of Jubaland within Kenya, Togoland, and German Kamerun would be awesome to have as patches for the VT-BAM.

JJohnson

Banned
View attachment 397953

I just couldn't help myself. This is gonna look funny on the Progress Map seeing the Recovered territories like that isn't it? And yes I did it solely for that reason

EDIT: I literally spent about an hour researching approximately where the border was, so I think this is accurate enough.
Very nice! If you have the time for two historic patches - 1937 and 1910, for that area, I'm sure that'd be appreciated.