The VT-BAM project

Redcoat

Banned
upload_2018-5-30_21-13-8.png

upload_2018-5-30_21-12-26.png

Lakes and a bit of a WIP on Jubaland.

Redcoat

Banned
I think the map is larger enough to allow townships, at least for some states (I am not sure about New Jersey's)
See from this map from the US Township-BAM
jhjkjgf-png.338260
I was looking through old posts when I found this...Why does every fucking base map get Long Island wrong...
Sorry it's not an update, I'm almost done with Australia, just have to finish Western Australia and probably do New Zealand and Fiji while I'm at it.

Redcoat

Banned
I made that map originally. What's wrong with it?
Actually not that much looking back at it. Nassau County is missing a couple of barrier islands. Took me a while to click in my head that the rectangle down south was Long Beach, because I thought it was on a barrier island. Then again it's been a while since I've been in the area. I also thought Glen Cove wasn't supposed to be there but then I actually looked it up and I turned out wrong. The NYC area seems to have no problems, it's better then the MBAM version for sure.

Is the VTBAM big enough for some of the straits of NYC?

Redcoat

Banned
I have finals this week and for some of next, so I'm holding off everything until the day finals end, which for me is the 19th. Just a heads up, I'm not declaiming or anything.

EDIT: Can someone check if Czechia (heh:p) can fit third levels? I was thinking from the base map that Klime gave me that the answer is no but idk....

Last edited:

Redcoat

Banned
upload_2018-6-18_9-59-53.png

EDIT: Updated version.
Note: New Zealand's divisions are for a lack of a better word, odd. The first level divisions don't actually line up with the second level divisions, leading to situations where the latter can find itself in 4 different first level divisions. (i.e Taupo District). Strange I know....

Last edited:

VT45

Banned
Oh and @Klime, now that I’ve finished mainland North America, can you go through and add in the ice sheets and urban areas? Thanks

Really a great job! If you have time, can you fix the border with Switzerland?
View attachment 392614
At this point I'll just fix the entire thing, note that it will use the new overlays rather than the old overlays
@Klime Can you update the VT-BAM zip?
(snip)
Oh and @Klime, now that I’ve finished mainland North America, can you go through and add in the ice sheets and urban areas? Thanks
I was actually in the middle of doing that, these two are linked as I usually add the ice sheets and urban areas while merging in changes

Last edited:
Updated zip, I've fixed Switzerland and it's lakes, fixed and added some lakes in Italy and improved some of the coastline, finished Macaronesia and finished Martinique and Montserrat.
upload_2018-6-19_4-0-2.png

Last edited: