The VT-BAM project

Deleted member 105545

Still have a lot of 2nd & 3rd level divisions to go

How about all the effort that @Valdore Javorsky has put into his V-BAM map, which (if I do say so myself) is amazing.

Also, again, this project is absolutely insane.
1. This will take 5 years to finish at minimum; I'm pretty sure the M-BAM project was started about four years ago (I know I was watching it's progress when I was in 10th grade, which was three years ago).
2. A map this size is, in many regards, unsuitable for anything larger than displaying a single nation. At this size, a world map would be annoying to look at (given the scrolling you would have to do to even get from Washington DC to panama).
3. Countries will be screen-filling blobs at this size. Again, it's insane to do anything bigger than a nation map with this, and even those, as @Valdore Javorsky has shown with his Großdeutschland maps, will be ginormous.

So, if you really want to go through with this, I'd suggest:
- Renaming it to "T-Bam",
- Focusing on making it a regional map; basically, try and finish one region at a time (say, east coast USA), so that certain chunks can be used by those who want to do a highlight of that specific area on their projects; again, like Valdore is doing with his/her (??) Germany maps.

I wish you the best of luck.

May the cartography gods have mercy on your soul.

Oh how cute we were back then :)

Ranad

Banned
And now, in honour of my birthday, the last tile: the Southern Cone. All tiles are now uploaded and free for claims. Have at it!

I'm just gonna have @Klime do a once over on the coasts because I think my data and his data might've been a little bit off from each other.
3xWyWju.png
where are the Diego Ramirez islands?

upload_2017-12-27_9-13-21.png

The tiles look glorious when ordered correctly. (sorry for changing the naming system for the tiles, btw, they wouldn't order correctly otherwise)
Also, where are the tiles 22, 42 and 43? I was never able to find them.

VT45

Banned
Yes, we're sure. I checked them myself. They're just ocean. If I do a bathymetry map, I'll upload them. Otherwise we don't need to worry about them.

Deleted member 105545

Ohmahgawd.

We can do an HRE map and make it actually frickin' look good.

HRE patch when?

upload_2017-12-27_19-12-20.png

Eritrea, Djibouti, Sudan and South Sudan, along with the rest of the Red Sea
upload_2017-12-27_18-59-3.png

South Sudan is outdated but I couldn't find consistent data for the current divisions after spending an unreasonable amount of time looking.

I'll be taking a break for a week or two, I'll merge the existing lakes into the new tiles that are generated during this and maybe draw the lakes for the rest of my claimed area.
After that I'll probably go back to finish Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Tunisia.

@VT45 can you send me a list of the tiles in which you noticed significant discrepancies? I'll probably investigate those during the break.

Last edited:

VT45

Banned
The ones that really stuck out to me were Hawaii and the Southern Cone (21 And 44). It wouldn’t hurt to look at the others if you have the time/inkling, but those two are the ones that stuck out to me.