The VT-BAM project

upload_2017-12-2_20-5-26.png

Redrawn Jammu and Kashmir
upload_2017-12-2_20-3-10.png

Northern Pakistan and some of Northern Afghanistan
upload_2017-12-4_4-15-11.png

Sindh and the coast of Kutch
upload_2017-12-4_11-31-21.png

I used an extra source for the water here so a few things won't match the overlays exactly.
I do really like how the Indus delta came out though.

Last edited:

VT45

Banned
Sure thing. What I do is to give each subdivision a different colour to the ones around it (a la the four colour theorem but I usually use the entire PDN palette), and use your method to first off erase the borders in the source image, one colour at a time (so do your method on the red tile to highlight the bordering black pixels and fill them in, then blue, then green, then yellow, then back to red for example) until you’re left with only the colours you used for the subdivisions. Then you implement your method again on the subdivision colours IN THE REVERSE ORDER to the one you used to erase the borders beforehand in order to make them one pixel wide and the correct colour.

I generally start from the top down and do first national borders, then first level, second level, etc. Each uses the same process.

Sure thing. What I do is to give each subdivision a different colour to the ones around it (a la the four colour theorem but I usually use the entire PDN palette), and use your method to first off erase the borders in the source image, one colour at a time (so do your method on the red tile to highlight the bordering black pixels and fill them in, then blue, then green, then yellow, then back to red for example) until you’re left with only the colours you used for the subdivisions. Then you implement your method again on the subdivision colours IN THE REVERSE ORDER to the one you used to erase the borders beforehand in order to make them one pixel wide and the correct colour.

I generally start from the top down and do first national borders, then first level, second level, etc. Each uses the same process.
Thank you
Nueva Espana.png

VT45

Banned
The Philippines tile. Unfortunately I don't have an overlay for this tile to show the interior bodies of water, so you're on your own for that.
usoNgC4.png

VT45

Banned
Kamchatka Peninsula, the Kurils, and the western Aleutians. This one has interior bodies of water included.
7WBAOdF.png