The VT-BAM project

Because I already made a map (two maps, actually) called VBAM. That's kinda like brand-stealing.

So please put another letter before it. With M,Q and V being away you still have 23 left so why should it be so difficult?

Oh god guys, this doesn't matter.

Just call them the VJ-BAM and VT-BAM if you have to create massive fucking maps most people will struggle to even load on their computers let alone actually edit.

VT45

Banned
Can you link me to your map project called VBAM? Because I've never heard of it. If it's so far along as you say it is, I'll change my project's name.

Can you link me to your map project called VBAM? Because I've never heard of it. If it's so far along as you say it is, I'll change my project's name.
https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...istorical-province-maps.407478/#post-14755258

Here's the original VBAM. It's been discontinued due to several reasons.

-----

Projekt_Goetterdaemmerung_blank.png

And this is the current progress of the new VBAM. It will Serve as an althist map on this exact graphic but it's intended to serve as a basemap as well.

VT45

Banned
So if that's the case, why not combine our forces rather than argue about names? Because mine is about 4.5-5 times the scale of the MBAM.

ST15RM

Banned
So if that's the case, why not combine our forces rather than argue about names? Because mine is about 4.5-5 times the scale of the MBAM.
I'm actually gonna rename my project to SBAM(ST15RM's BAM) which'll be 3x M-BAM

ST15RM

Banned

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
This entire argument is so far "inside baseball" that I can not begin to penetrate it (and, no, I have no desire to get a pocket Master's course in it).

This one bit, however, is fairly simple.

If someone else is already using the V-BAM (whatever the hell that is) title, it is reasonable that some other letter or letters be used.

I REALLY suggest y'all settle this among yourselves, since you actually have the whole reality. I don't. Right now I see at least two members who are in violation of policy. If I have to come back in here, I'll deal with that situation based on what I see.

Your call.

VT45

Banned
Well I'll continue soldiering on here. I can upload altitude maps for large areas pretty easily. It's adding in the borders and such that are time consuming for me, if anyone wants to help with that. And @Valdore Javorsky, I was serious when I proposed joining forces. I see no reason why we should be fighting against each other over this.

In the meantime, if you're working on Central Europe, something you might find helpful: the altitudinal V-BAM for Central Europe, bounded by the 30th parallel north, the 60th parallel north, the 30th meridian east, and the Prime Meridian. Thanks to QGIS's raster calculator, maps like these are actually pretty easy for me to generate, so if you want one for another part of the world please don't hesitate to ask.

However, big huge NB: these altitude maps do not contain any information regarding any inland bodies of water. So lakes, rivers, and inland seas with no connection to the ocean will still need to be added.

Anyway, enjoy!
hgTZpU8.png
Equirectangular?

Edit: I just checked, it's equirectangular, work will be so fast :D

Last edited: