The VT-BAM project

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by VT45, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Narmatonia Well-Known Member

I was planning to do Bangladesh after I’ve finished West Bengal, but I don’t mind if you want to do Assam and the other small ones in that area. When I get home I’ll send you the link to the base maps.

2. Thanosaekk Well-Known Member

I already have the basemaps and overlays, so I can get to work.

3. Thanosaekk Well-Known Member

Claim Map.png
    And here is the progress.

4. tungsterismapping Well-Known Member

after all divisions are done we should create a 5 color map theorem coloring

5. tungsterismapping Well-Known Member

Rivne of Ukraine is done!
    ukraine other 1.png

6. tungsterismapping Well-Known Member

i claim madrid (didnt post so it will come soon) (edit notice: im an idiot i meant to say madrid)

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  7. tungsterismapping Well-Known Member

Madrid
    madrid.png

8. Narmatonia Well-Known Member

Next up we have West Bengal

West Bengal.png

9. Apathe Member

Hi, I've been lurking this thread for a bit and I've decided to pitch in sometime over the summer. I know the basic way y'all do this stuff based on what I've read from the thread, so I think I should be able to do alright. I'd like to maybe claim some Central Asian nations if those are still available, though I'd honestly be willing to take pretty much any small or moderately sized nations that are still open.

In the meantime, I might as well say that someone should probably update this page at some point, add some of the countries from throughout this thread onto that resources page.

10. VT45 Cartographer Extraordinaire

Awesome! I think @Klime, @Thanosaekk, and/or @Narmatonia might have the most up to date maps for the whole world, so maybe they can update the wiki page? In the meantime this thread’s index can probably use some updating too.

11. Thanosaekk Well-Known Member

The index is almost completely updated, perhaps one day I can use it to post all the maps on the wiki. Maybe it would be more practical to post entire tiles.

Also, I haven't made progress in Assam for a while, I'll probably get back to it soon.

12. Narmatonia Well-Known Member

How do I edit that page to add the completed countries? I tried logging in but it won't let me, is there another way that I'm not seeing?

Also, the index in the threadmarks doesn't show Thanosaekk's updates because you used someone's quote of the index, instead of his post that he has been updating. The real thing is at the bottom of page 75 if you want to change the link.

Also also, @Apathe there are parts of Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan that are unfinished and unclaimed if you wanted to do those? Let me know and I can send you the stuff to get you started

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  13. Apathe Member

I'd be willing to start out with Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, and maybe move on to Kazakhstan afterwards. Send me the stuff to do those areas whenever you'd like.

14. Apathe Member

so uhh here's turkmenistan, uzbekistan will be done next deletethis001.png

15. Apathe Member

uzbekistan done, though I think I screwed up somewhat with the 2nd level subdivisions, specifically in the westernmost province. Here is the map I used for those borders, if anyone wants to fix them up. Next up should be Kazakhstan deletethis001.png

edit: yeah I'll definitely have to redo my contributions to uzbekistan, disregard this post

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  16. Narmatonia Well-Known Member

Next up we have Bangladesh, also Andaman and Nicobar Islands as they were quick to do.

Bangladesh (Finished).png
    Andaman and Nicobar Islands.png

17. Narmatonia Well-Known Member

Updated Claim Map

VTBAM Claim Map.png

ML8991 and Klime like this.
  18. Klime Well-Known Member

upload_2019-6-1_0-15-47.png
    Another claim map update
    upload_2019-6-1_0-16-14.png
    and a progress map

19. Apathe Member

deletethis001.png kazakhstan is done, second try at uzbekistan is next

20. Apathe Member

deletethis001.png second attempt at western uzbekistan, here's the whole country