The VT-BAM project

The Latest 1560 WIP
1- Eyalet of the Islands of the White Sea [The Aegean Sea + surrounding areas] added in.
2- Divisions of Brandenburg added, border with Neumark softened to indicate Family possessions.
3- Borders in Schleswig-Holstein softened to indicate Interlinked lands. [Interestingly the patchwork was deliberate, allowing equality of income and making creation of a power-base difficult].
4- re-worked Saxony and Thuringia based on @Zurirach Adankar 's great originals.
5- re-coloured minor states in Germany as Pale Pink & Italy as Pale Green.
6- re-coloured Papal States, also; Bishoprics are now a paler purple than Arch-Bishoprics and Bishoprics on the verge of or being mediatized now have a colour outline of the land they will fall to.
7- added in the marshlands at the mouth of the Po.
8- gave Transylvania its own set of Ottoman colours to make it more "independent".
9- re-coloured Zips/Spis.

I am thinking of re-colouring Spanish possessions- any opinions/colour suggestions?
Ditto for Austria-Hungary

RHE2mye.png

Last edited:
The Latest 1560 WIP
1- Eyalet of the Islands of the White Sea [The Aegean Sea + surrounding areas] added in.
2- Divisions of Brandenburg added, border with Neumark softened to indicate Family possessions.
3- Borders in Schleswig-Holstein softened to indicate Interlinked lands. [Interestingly the patchwork was deliberate, allowing equality of income and making creation of a power-base difficult].
4- re-worked Saxony and Thuringia based on @Zurirach Adankar 's great originals.
6- re-coloured Papal States, also; Bishoprics are now a paler purple than Arch-Bishoprics and Bishoprics on the verge of or being mediatized now have a colour outline of the land they will fall to.
8- gave Transylvania its own set of Ottoman colours to make it more "independent".

I am thinking of re-colouring Spanish possessions- any opinions/colour suggestions?

RHE2mye.png
wasn't Lancashire a Palatinate County too ?

The Latest 1560 WIP

RHE2mye.png
At some point you might want to add the less know Qasim Khanate too, which was a tributary state of Russia.

The Latest 1560 WIP

RHE2mye.png
Turnu Măgurele, Giurgiu and Braila on the Romanian side of Danube river were Ottoman territories intended as bridgeheads across to Danube to control Wallachia.

Qasim was further to the west in the eastern part of what's now Ryazan Oblast

Right much nearer to Moscow, its almost completely russified now
Turnu Măgurele, Giurgiu and Braila on the Romanian side of Danube river were Ottoman territories intended as bridgeheads across to Danube to control Wallachia.

TY for your input both, this is the new map.
NB Hotin/Khotyn not included as Ottoman 1714-1812

8LhYqyt.png

Latest 1560; Alsace and the Rhineland.
Abbey = Bishopric colour + Minor State colour outline
Imperial Villages = Free City outline on Minor State colour
Alsace and Rhineland.png

whats the intent with the wales-england border? it seems to mostly follow the marcherlordships, but the appanage/liberty/vassal type privileges held by the the lordships were ended by the two laws in wales acts, mediatising them under shires and rendering them nomore autonomous than the regular baronies in england.

there was a wales council but be advised that this also included all of cheshire, shropshire, herefordshire, gloucestershire , and worcestershire.
as well as there being other regional councils in england like the one for the north.

lastly, while wales was now integrated as a regular part of the kingdom of england, with english law and part of the english parliament- it was still spoke of as england and wales, wales having been reduced to the 13 shires bounding modern wales, despite there still being plenty of welshspeakers and communities in bordering shires.

when the new shires were places in assize courts montgomery was placed in an existing one while 3 new assize circuits were made to house the rest.

Last edited:
TY for your input both, this is the new map.
NB Hotin/Khotyn not included as Ottoman 1714-1812

8LhYqyt.png
Some other small notes:
Chios island in the Aegean Sea was a possession of Genoa until 1566.
Kythria Island and Tinos Island belonged to Venetian Republic.
Athos peninsula and Mani Peninsula in Greece were autonomous from the Ottoman Empire.

Last edited:
Chios island in the Aegean Sea was a possession of Genoa until 1566.
Kythria Island and Tinos Island belonged to Venetian Republic.
Athos peninsula and Mani Peninsula in Greece were autonomous from the Ottoman Empire.
TY @felixs
Don't know why but I'm sure I read about Chios falling before 1560 but I cant find it now so I've put Genoa back in power.
Kythria and Tinos changed
Athos now shown as subject
Mani was not officially autonomous until the 1700's but was barely controlled by the Ottomans. I've tried to show that by showing as claimed but also outlining as autonomous.
1686863400725.png