The VT-BAM project

I have an issue that needs to be brought up concerning China. Unfortunately, the 6 eastern coastal provinces seem to be off, and they will need to be looked at. In the image, I have taken an upscaled image of the 8k-BAM and overlayed it on top of the VT. You can see that everything besides these 6 look great, but that the 6 are incorrect.
mQu349a.jpg
A little tip to get the correct provinces
Use gadm or even better, osm data and do some calculations, rasterize the data in qgis

So I've started working on fixing the provinces on my own by tracing and cross-referencing, simply because I wanted to be able to use the base map for China for my own personal projects. I joined because I wanted to search for the current status of VT-BAM on China, and then was actually one of the people who noticed the discrepancy and brought this up with finn in the first place on Discord.

I understand if it seems a bit odd to come out of nowhere and just post a map on a project I wasn't involved in, so feel free to check the quality of this with as much scrutiny as is appropriate. I tried my hand at the smaller subdivisions for Shandong (and starting in Jiangsu) as well just to confirm my process and that everything lined up. If everything seems good, then I'm happy to continue work on the rest of China if that's alright, starting with Shanghai, Zhejiang and Fujian next, while also completing the province borders for the rest of Northern China.

ChinaWIP.png

California's counties over time. some of the years that I exported didn't seem to have any actual differences from the previous version, so I skipped those ones. The last one isn't exactly the same as the current modern day California map for the VT-BAM, however the differences are small, and it is intended to show the same borders.
UaODNEg.png

Hey @jefe , I have been in the process of getting VT-Bam up to date and noticed this issue when adding in your Chinese provinces, could you check over the Russian-Chinese border and improve it for me?
1643443544212.png