The Universal Religious Colour Scheme (TURCS without Caicos)

Update: added Diasporic African religions.
upload_2018-8-13_12-7-12.png

For some reason the whole file could not be uploaded with the African Diasporic religions, as it would be too big :(

Note: missing colours for:
  1. African Independent Churches
  2. Tupi and other indigenous Brazilian mythologies
Also, I have noticed that this colour scheme has a different format and layout than the more usual ones.
I have been careful that each religion has a different HSL coordinate, with HS being fixed, and the Lightness being editable.

also, some of my observations: Judaism looks like a Protestant sect; could be possibly given a totally different colour altogether.
As it turned out, I am not that fond of my colour choice for islam. The Shia-Sunni divide is almost unnoticeable, once showing the different rites

Can someone create a color code for my parody religion Astleyism, the worship of Rick Astley?
No offense, but for all practical purposes it appears to fail to either:
  1. Have a substantial ammount of followers, for it to be statistically relevant resulting in actually using the colour for something.
  2. Have a cultural and political impact, that is being either state religion (in any althist scenario)
  3. It would qualify thus as a Cult of Personality or Parody Religion, which due to some reason I have failed to add into the colour scheme.

There is a pop culture/entertainment color scheme thread here.
Thanks.
No offense, but for all practical purposes it appears to fail to either:
  1. Have a substantial ammount of followers, for it to be statistically relevant resulting in actually using the colour for something.
  2. Have a cultural and political impact, that is being either state religion (in any althist scenario)
  3. It would qualify thus as a Cult of Personality or Parody Religion, which due to some reason I have failed to add into the colour scheme.
Ah, okay.

Major Overhaul
Greetings all, just letting you know that this colour scheme is going over a major overhaul.
Many of the religion colours were redone, while the Americans and the Far East are still to be completed (please would you folks be willing to provide me a list of all entries needed to cover those areas?

Without further ado, here we go:

African Religions:
1589906187432.png

Near Eastern
1589906211019.png

Christianity:
1589906264658.png

Judaism and Rahmanism:
1589906292388.png

Iranian Religion:
1589906312471.png

Islam:
1589906333656.png

Indian
1589906351585.png

Update
1598537785838.png

1598537801562.png

1598537819585.png

1598538137342.png

I believe this is it, complete. Should you find something important missing, please let me know.
Note: Philosophical religions or political ideologies have their own colours and are not to be regarded as religions for all practical purposes.
Note as well: Should there be genuine need to differentiate between sects of some major religion, the said colour may be used with lighter or darker shades accordingly

Last edited:
1607317174206.png
Hello everyone! As a Christmas present to you all, I made a more organized version of this color scheme, and included a few more religions an the like. I used colors based on the older scheme, and changed a few like the colors of patriarchates and the like. So yeah.

RelCS.png

This is a draft version of a third version of the scheme. It is all basically just made of tables on MS Word, without the colours. What would be needed now are any further suggestions for entries

ocourse I can. Plus I was gonna edit the colors anyway in order to make them fit better in like their specific color pool cuz yeah

The thing I added obviously isn't like some completion type thing, since I did notice a new scheme was being used but yeah I added this mostly for the sake of having a large scheme group

Last edited:
Eyes the grand scheme, and finds it good
Though can add more military orders e.g.
Look into Iberian History, e.g. most famously the Order of Aviz, but there were many others that held land there.

Best of luck in this THICC of Religious colour scheming

Last edited: