The Union Forever: A TL

Can someone update the alliance map to show the PTO? Still can't manage to do the stripes.

Here you go! Let me know if I missed anything. Maybe a few corrections (stray pixels) and I changed the Dutch Caribbean to be in the AES; it didn't make much sense for one to be part of the LAR and the mainland to be AES. If you want to change the color, let me know!

Question about Indonesia: it wasn't included in the final accounting of the alliance, but in the former alliance, it was being discussed. Did Indonesia decline to sign for now, or are they adopting a wait and see approach?

EDIT: Was a pixel off in Alaska. Now fixed. Also, I put the box for you on the bottom; I don't know your font, so I'll leave that to you.

EDIT 2: Electric Boogaloo: No, Norway, you cannot have an alliance group that consists of a single pixel island off the coast of Antarctica. Back to the AES with you! Same with you, South Africa!

At least there is a bright side. East Timor can into a color!

The Union Forever Alliance Guide w Pacific Pact.png

Last edited:
Why do I have the feeling that China will try to annex Kashmir, Xinjiang and Tibet as part of the restoration of Chinese territory?

Sorry for the improper terminology, but i forgot the terms.

Why do I have the feeling that China will try to annex Kashmir, Xinjiang and Tibet as part of the restoration of Chinese territory?

Sorry for the improper terminology, but i forgot the terms.
Well that is realistic yes. Whether they actually get those areas is another matter. I don't expect them to fold easily to China in any case...the Russians would be sure to fortify their allies in the region.

Is Tibet no longer allied with Russia? That can't be good for them. They should look into allying with India. As should Kashmir and Nepal.

I suspect Uyghurstan and Tuva may join the Turkish League. How are relations between the Turkish League and the Persian alliance? We could see some overlap if they do (those two central Asian states, don't know there names, but they would probably be majority turkish) although probably not if the Persians treat the south azeri people poorly.

Last edited:
Well that is realistic yes. Whether they actually get those areas is another matter. I don't expect them to fold easily to China in any case...the Russians would be sure to fortify their allies in the region.
Are the Russians basically broke, still?

Also, why is Japan, Burma and the UK teal?

Is Tibet no longer allied with Russia? That can't be good for them. They should look into allying with India. As should Kashmir and Nepal.

I suspect Uyghurstan, Mongolia, and Tuva may join the Turkish League.

At least Russia still has its nuclear umbrella to protect them. And if Russia vs China is a risky fight, then the Turkic League can't really offer anything in turn.

Are the Russians basically broke, still?

Also, why is Japan, Burma and the UK teal?

That indicates the Pacific Treaty Organization, of which all of those nations are a part. For Japan and East Timor, they have no other alliance, and as such they are solid color.

Anything major going on in Latin America? Antarctica?

Lots is going on in Latin America. Ecoist political parties have been gathering considerable strength and currently lead/are part of several governments. The recent decision of several nations not to join the U.S. led PTO has, according to some, demonstrated that region's greater independence from American foreign policy. Overall, the Latin America is more prosperous and peaceful than it has ever been.

In Antarctica, the various signatories of the 1973 Antarctic Treaty have continued to expand their outposts and research stations. China, which took over Japan' claim after the Asia-Pacific War, has been particularly busy exploring the possibility of Antarctic mining.

Here you go! Let me know if I missed anything. Maybe a few corrections (stray pixels) and I changed the Dutch Caribbean to be in the AES; it didn't make much sense for one to be part of the LAR and the mainland to be AES. If you want to change the color, let me know!

Question about Indonesia: it wasn't included in the final accounting of the alliance, but in the former alliance, it was being discussed. Did Indonesia decline to sign for now, or are they adopting a wait and see approach?

EDIT: Was a pixel off in Alaska. Now fixed. Also, I put the box for you on the bottom; I don't know your font, so I'll leave that to you.

EDIT 2: Electric Boogaloo: No, Norway, you cannot have an alliance group that consists of a single pixel island off the coast of Antarctica. Back to the AES with you! Same with you, South Africa!

At least there is a bright side. East Timor can into a color!

View attachment 317554

Looks good, except that Burma is not a member of the PTO.

2009: Foriegn and Domestic Developments

Foreign and Domestic Developments

Flag of Puntland.png

Flag of the Republic of Puntland​

On January 24, Puntland become an independent republic inside of the Commonwealth of Nations. Muhammad Dahir Yasin was sworn in as the nation’s first president in the capital of Berbera. Yasin’s government desired to keep close ties with the ComNat due to the destabilizing influences from Tariku Birra’s Abyssinia and its satellite state Aksum.

In the spring, Georgia State University opened a new department in Atlanta devoted to researching and developing quantum computers. In theory, quantum computers would be magnitudes more powerful that existing binary digital computers due to using quantum bits or “qubits” allowing quantum mechanical superposition. While at the time Georgia State was just one of many entities researching quantum computers, it would prove to have a pivotal role in developing this key technology for the 21st century.

In a referendum held in March, the residents of Heliogoland voted in favor of remaining part of the United Kingdom. After 202 years of British administration, only 34% of residents wished to “pursue other political options.” As promised, Prime Minister Reginald Thorneycroft granted Heliogoland a single MP in the House of Commons becoming Britain’s smallest constituency. The notion of incorporating small oversea territories directly into parliament had long been championed by Thorneycroft’s coalition partners the Imperial Progressives. By the end of the decade Bermuda, Gibraltar, Jersey, Guernsey, St. Helena, the Falkland Islands, and the Isle of Man would all receive parliamentary representation while maintaining considerable local autonomy. While the move was unpopular with some at home, not to mention a number of foreign governments, it did pave the way for the Tories and their allies’ victory in that year’s general election.

During the summer, the music genre known as Solid came into its own with several chart topping hits. Originally an offshoot of Underground, Solid was characterized by synchronized chanting and dancing becoming a favorite for American youths at clubs and parties.

On August 10, Mexican billionaire Jesús Zuarth Morales and a handful of other wealthy passengers flew on the maiden commercial voyage of his SolCo Odisea spaceplane. While sub-orbital, the space tourists did experience several minutes of weightlessness.

In November, Sultan Ali bin Talal of Arabia announced new construction guidelines for the cities of Mecca and Medina. In an effort to placate religious conservatives and historical conservationists, these new building standards placed limits on development in Islam’s two holiest cities. This ensured that important sites like the Kaaba and the tombs of Muhammad and his companions would not be overshadowed by skyscrapers. Naturally, this shifted development to other cities in Arabia, which had grown into dynamic and more progressive metropolises such as Jeddah, Aqaba, and Dammam.

Last edited:
So Puntland getting some official independence, eh? It makes sense for them to stay with the ComNat; falling in with the AAA would likely beam, effectively, becoming an Ethiopian puppet. For that matter, who else are the triple AA pursuing to join in their group?

Hrm. Interesting. Are there similar considerations for other British possessions? (Malta, Cyprus, the Seychelles, Nicobar & Andamans, etc). It'd be an interesting way to maintain the rest of the empire.

Here's the fixed map; sorry for the wait.

The Union Forever Alliance Guide w Pacific Pact.png