The Union Forever: A TL

Excellent update, Mac,

I think there is a typo in the last paragraph. I think you meant to type "attack" but typed "attach" instead.

Hey Mac Gregor, I just wanted to tell you how great this enire timeline has been! I've been a long time lurker and I've just wanted to let you know what I think.

Also I'm just curious as to what you plan to do once you finish this timeline. Are you planning on doing a spinoff with the POD being the Napoleonic Letters (can't remember what they were called) not getting intercepted or are you planning on going in acompletely different direction? I remember you talking about it earlier and I just wanted to see your stance on it.

Anyway great timeline and I hope to see much more great work!

Invictus1829, thanks for your support and welcome.

I don't currently have any plans to spin off this timeline but the Bonaparte-Hanotaux letters would make an interesting POD.

Let me know if you have any more questions or a request. Cheers!

I think the US Navy has an naming convention for it's ships, and it is based off the OTL USN naming, from evidence in the thread:

Aircraft Carriers: Concepts, Presidents and Battles (USS Valley Forge, USS Abraham Lincoln, USS Manifest Destiny)
Battleships: U.S states (USS Puerto Rico, USS Cuba, USS Mahetane)
Cruisers: People? and Cities? (USS Nathan Hale)
Destroyers: People?
Submarines: ?

Also, is there a Enterprise type carrier? I mean that there is always a carrier named the same through out the generations, even thought the naming conventions are different. For example, the Gerald R. Ford carriers still have USS Enterprise (CVN-80) even thought that type of carriers are named after people.

There is a naming convention, as you have described above. Currently, Destroyers are mostly named after cities and Submarines are named after animals (USS Alligator), acts of nature (USS Hurricane), and natural features (USS Potomac).

The USS Manifest Destiny has been the name of several vessels over the years so it might fit the same bill as OTL's Enterprise.

Hey y'all. Sorry for the lack of an update, been tied down with real life. If somebody could make a 1992 presidential map with updated electoral votes for me that would greatly speed up the delivery of the next update. Cheers!

1992: Domestic Developments
X
Domestic Developments

attachment.php

On March 20, Guiana became the 58th state to join the Union. Having spent 81 years as a territory, Guiana’s population had grown from mere 36,000 to 496,000 citizens. Guiana’s economy remained divided between the export of raw materials such as lumber and gold and the burgeoning space industry that took full advantage of Guiana’s location near the equator. Former presidents Gavin, Stewart, and Peatross joined President Lincoln at the official ceremony in the capital city of Cayenne.

During the summer, the United States National Museum in Washington, D.C. reopened a massive updated exhibit on American air and space achievements. Permanent displays included Samuel Pierpont Langley’s Aerodrome the first successful heavier than air flying machine, Lance Rockhill’s American Eagle which completed the first transatlantic flight, and the Artemis X reentry module.

The Republicans went into the 1992 Presidential Election justifiably full of confidence. President Lincoln had an impressive list of accomplishments including the Nuclear Arms Limitation Treaty (NALT), the 1990 Military Reform Act, and the strengthening of anti-technocratic alliances overseas. At home, the United States had fully recovered from the 1988 recession and the economy was growing strong. Attempts by his Democratic rivals, former Senator Ray D’Este of Connecticut and Utah Governor Karl McMaster, to paint Lincoln as a threat to peace failed to resonate with voters. When the votes were tallied, Lincoln won reelection in a landslide capturing 56.1% of the popular vote and carrying 46 states.

attachment.php

Last edited:
We're nearing that time, aren't we? We just need to hope and pray that a certain man named Drumpf stayed in Germany.

Wondering what kind of politics chancellor candidate Dietrich Drupmf is seeking on 2010's :p. Which border he would build fence?

MERRICA

Banned
Hey macgregor, i just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this TL be the first one i saw on this site, you have truly made my day much more exciting with a brand new installment. So thanks.

We're nearing that time, aren't we? We just need to hope and pray that a certain man named Drumpf stayed in Germany.

Wondering what kind of politics chancellor candidate Dietrich Drupmf is seeking on 2010's :p. Which border he would build fence?

For maximum irony, Drumpf is a liberal firebrand who comes to a peaceful understanding with the Turin Pact.

Oh dear. It does beg the question whether Fredrick Trump (Donald's Grandfather) immigrates to the U.S.in 1885. Someone feel free to do an update.

Hey macgregor, i just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this TL be the first one i saw on this site, you have truly made my day much more exciting with a brand new installment. So thanks.

MERRICA,

Thank you for your support. Please let me know if you have any questions or requests. Cheers!

Hey everyone,

I have never really liked the internal divisions of Canada in this TL. I am thinking of changing them to be more unique. Does anybody have any ideas? My only rules are that they must be plausible and that there should be a province called "Vesperia" somewhere in the Canadian prairie near OTL's Alberta. See below for the starting map. Cheers!

Canada_provinces_1867-1870.png