• Stanley Baldwin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A Fallen Star
The Sun Rises Yet Again
Chapter 1: A Fallen Star

November 11, 1924
The 6th Anniversary of the End of the Great War and 2 Years Since the Great Depression Began In America

"Fucking Jerries, Ruskies and Yanks. I can't believe it's been 6 years since we lost the damn war and yet it hurts like I just heard the announcement on the radio. 'We'll never let the old flag fall' my ass. And those goddamn Frogs didn't help either, losing Paris so quickly, and to think they thought that what they scrounged up at Marne was enough to stop the Jerries. Well look at them now, they surrendered thinking it would save their asses and now the commies rule France. Jerry's smiling right now but once the Commune and the Union team up for some good 'ol revenge from both sides they won't know what hit them.

Meanwhile across the Pond, the Yanks were happy to sell us, and the Hun once our blockade fell apart in '16, everything we needed to fight the war, making a pretty penny off our struggle. Well, serves them right their economy is in a free fall, just wish it didn't extend over here as hard as it did. The Russians were worthless, and they started the whole damn thing. If they just backed off on Serbia none of us would be in this mess. And when they finally surrendered in late '17, millions of Germans came from the East to the West and overran what we had in France and then got stalled at the Alps in Italy. With that problem unsolved, they sent the majority of them to Middle East to help the Turks kick us out of there and now Kaiser Bill owns the Suez.

Then when the peace was finally agreed on in 1918, Germany stripped us, the French and the Belgians of all of Central and Eastern Africa as well as parts of Southern Africa save for Rhodesia, South Africa, and Bechuanaland. In the East, they took Singapore and Malaya. The empire was gutted. Then in 1919, India, dissatisfied with our rule, decided to kick us out for good, the Irish, South Africans, Egyptians, Aussies, Kiwis, and Canadians soon followed suit, with Canada receiving American protection.

Now we are left with Guyana, Hong Kong, Ceylon, West Africa, and several other scattered colonies as well as the overseas French colonies, a shadow of our former selves. But I, as many of my fellow brothers in arms and the people of Britain, have hope and confidence that we will rise again to our former glory, get revenge on the Fritz and raise the Union Jack across the globe again. The Sun may have set, but the Sun rises yet again.

And with the general election coming up for this year, a new face will lead Britain into the future, one can only wonder who it will be."

The Old Flag.jpg

Last edited:
I'll close the poll and decide the winner most likely on Friday or when I have an idea of what to write

Last edited:
This Was Their Darkest Hour
The Sun Rises Yet Again
Chapter 2: This Was Their Darkest Hour

December 6, 1924
Election Day in Britain

"Today's the day. I went down to my station already and voted and pretty much everyone I know is going too; we might actually have the highest turnout ever today. Stanley thought he was safe once he bought his way into office. Little did he know Mosley and MacDonald were having none of that. They formed a joint Vicky-Labour coalition against him which barred him from getting anything done. In response he called a snap election to increase the Conservative's numbers to a point where he can push his ideas past Parliament. The election is today and my family, my friends and my neighborhood are all voting for Oswald Mosley and The Victorian Union as they are the only ones saying what needs to be said, promising to do what needs to be done and Sir Mosley is a military man himself. I have a feeling that he can pull off a victory as the VU has been rising ever since its formation in 1919 with the help of a few influential people such as Viscount Harold Harmsworth and Crown Prince David as well as the boom in membership since the Depression hit Britain. Now might be our chance to seize the day and make Britannia great again! All hail Victorianism and all hail victory!"

This is it, this is the day. In 12 hours we will know if all those papers written and radio talks broadcasted and all the hours spent cosying up to whatever influential politician, business or enlisted man who would give us the time of day actually paid off. My entourage and I are heading off to London to attempt to shatter that bastion of liberalism. I am quite gay that I was able to broadcast another speech with Crown Prince David, much to his father's disdain. I gladly await the day when men of such high intellect and character guide this great nation once more. I extinguish my fag and I enter the car and we are off to London. On the way I see crowds auspiciously cheering my name, "Mosley, Mosley! A vote for the VU is a vote for a better Britain!", I smile inwardly. I roll down the windows and yell to them, "Nay! A greater Britain!" They cheer at the sound of my voice and make a deafening sound which I could almost believe can be heard for miles.

I reach London soon enough, I visit the voting booths to raise morale and encourage higher turnout, I shake the hands of hard working and honest British men who will vote for VU, I kiss the hands of beautiful, bountiful and undoubtedly loyal women who will one day become the mothers who will no doubt birth the future generations full of youth and vibrance. These future generations will be the ones that will continue Britain's greatness into the future indefinitely. This well of youth, hope and optimism fills me with energy and I feel a feeling I have not truly experienced since I was upon the fields of France fighting the Fritz, a primal and boundless energy that cannot be traced or artificially produced or incited through one's own will or actions on purpose. It cannot be sought, only discovered fortuitously through living one's life as one wishes. I leave the booths and walk with my entourage to Number 10 to a rally we have staged there to gather support, I will give a speech there. I arrive there at noon. I head up onto the podium and begin to speak.

Oswald Mosley
"My fellow Britons, grant me silence so that I may explain the righteousness and justness of our cause. People who disagree with my ideas often ask me, 'Why do you support this crazy ideology? You are a cultist and a madman', the irony is that this cannot be farther than the truth. The reason why Victorianism has arisen and is spreading among the British people is rather simple. Victorianism is an explosion, a reaction, against intolerable conditions, against remediable wrongs which the old world fails to remedy. It is a movement to secure national renaissance by people who feel themselves threatened with decline into decadence and death but are determined to live, and live greatly. There are periods in history when change is necessary, and other periods when it is better to keep everything for the time as it is, we my friends are in the former. To deny the coming change is suicidal, neglectful, and selfish, for you hurt not only yourselves but also all of Britain and her people. I hope this inspires you to make the right choice today. God save the King. And one last thing to those who are still opposed to me, I have but 4 words for you...

The Future is Present

As Pictured Below, Members of the Victorian Union Hard at Work to Spread Their Beliefs
1924 Snap Campaigning.jpg

Oswald Mosley Giving His Famous "The Future is Present" Speech
Down 10 Speech.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in the third chapter. Was about a third of the way through when it just deleted it itself. This was about a week ago and I got all frustrated I couldn't write until yesterday. I got 2 paragraphs and a new chapter should be out by Friday hopefully. Hope you all enjoy the coming Christmas break as I sure as hell will

If there are any British readers out there, it would be very helpful if you could inform me on what exactly the Prime minister does once sworn in, how does passing laws and other legislature in Parliament work exactly and other such things as I don't know much about it since I'm an American

The Dawn Is Coming
The Sun Rises Yet Again
Chapter 3: The Dawn Is Coming

December 7, 1924

Today, all of Britain stood and waited with bated breath to see who would win the general election. In a stunning upset, Oswald Mosley and the Victorian Union, or Vickies as their opponents call them, have won overwhelmingly all over the country. Even though they did not win London they pulled in record numbers and chipped away the rock solid liberal base in the area. This, among various other events, has had many leftists in the country to increasingly fear the meteoric rise of this far-right party. Ramsay has come under significant criticism for the decision to work with Mosley and talks for his resignation have begun to spread throughout leftist circles. The Conservatives are using this short-sighted decision to bolster their numbers by cannibalising from the left. This is all part of a undeniable trend in Britain, radicalisation and a hard drift to the right. Anti-VU riots are being planned in the wake of the election and the political atmosphere is extremely charged.

Reports say that when the news first reached Mosley and his camp they cheered with a fervor rarely seen in history. E. D. Morel, who has been in poor health since a dangerous heart attack he suffered in November, was asked what he thought about the whole affair. He said, "So this is how it ends, this how democracy dies. By popular demand and thunderous applause", he was unable to say more before he fell into a critical stage and had to be left alone. Mosley is expected to give a victory speech at 10 Downing Street today. Rumours and gossip are abound on who Mosley will select for his cabinet and how radical his reforms will be considering that with the potential fracturing of leftists parties all across the island means that the Victorian's new majority may become be nigh uncontestable.

A crowd gathers outside of Downing, thousands of VU supporters from around the country have come to see their idol before he is sworn in. The streets are even more crowded than yesterday. When Mosley arrives, his fans cheer while the few opponents of him that managed to sneak in boo, he urges both sides to not start fighting and instead listen. There is some disobedience but for the most part the air grows quiet. He begins to speak.

Oswald Mosley
"Yesterday we pulled off an amazing victory. We have shown Britain that we are not some fringe party full of nobodies. We are a real force and we shall be respected! My party and I have been democratically elected to lead this nation into the future and by God that is what we intend to do. We will bring common sense back into the government. A government which for far too long has been guided by corrupt bureaucrats and out of touch old men who have not the faintest idea on the nation they lead. Together in Britain, we have a lit a flame that the ages shall not extinguish. Guard that sacred flame, my brothers. For that flame has finally illuminated Britain and may one day illuminate the whole world. I promise you that now we are in charge, Britain and her people will no longer be intertwined with conflicts that have no relevance to the British people and their well-being. No longer shall the interests of international bankers and their destructive influence guide the destiny of this great and noble nation. You may think I am talking about the Jews, and indeed I am, but to act as if only the Jews have harmed our society is to be foolish and blind. One needn't look far back, no farther than 1914, to see that there are many corrosive and subversive elements that are destroying our great society and I intend to purge each and every one. I thank you for listening to me speak and despite our differences i believe we can still say that we are united as Britons against the world. God save the King."

As the last reverberations of his voice, amplified by the microphone, die down, the audience begins to applaud. The soon to be Prime minister smiles and walks off the makeshift platform to meet with the King as he had been summoned around 20 minutes ago. Mosley reaches Buckingham Palace and is let in to see King George V; a sickly, old king, disillusioned with his decisions in life, none more than being involved in the Great War, as well as his eldest son's extremist and authoritarian views compared to his own rather, relatively, liberal history. He is guided towards the area of the palace the King and Baldwin are in as well as all the officials needed to swear in a Prime minister. As he approaches the Ballroom, he sees everyone standing. He spots Baldwin and can see the utter disdain on his face, the King is not much happier. Mosley cares little, he stands next to the King. In an agonisingly slow ceremony for all parties involved, as it is very clear that everyone would rather just quickly list off the oaths and have Mosley accept them and be done with it, they swear him in and then go their separate ways. Mosley heads home and prepares to meet with his new cabinet tomorrow. A new era for Britain is here

Map of the British Empire in 1886 During the Midst of the Victorian Era
The good 'ol days.jpg

Last edited: