The Strange Maps guy is going to publish an atlas

Highlander

Banned
An update.

I contacted him last night, and got a swift reply. He expressed interest in the project we were working on before, regarding Jefferson states between the Appalachia's and the Mississippi.

He's going to post the map online, and after some comments, we'll alter it, and he may use it in his book. :)

Untitled-2.png

Are you sure, because there were very many cartoon maps of that type made throughout the 19th century, and you might have been shown one that was made closer to WW1.

You usually recall the cartoon in which Corse and Sardaigne show its butt to you :D

Thande

Donor
An update.

I contacted him last night, and got a swift reply. He expressed interest in the project we were working on before, regarding Jefferson states between the Appalachia's and the Mississippi.

He's going to post the map online, and after some comments, we'll alter it, and he may use it in his book. :)
Excellent!

BTW, I hadn't even heard of that Jefferson plan stuff you mention.

I think I may have to steal it... ;)

Did he really plan to name a state after himself? :eek:

Both maps = awesomeness, H'der! :D
How dare you abbreviate his name yet further - you make him sound like Manchester :D

Highlander

Banned
Yes, he actually had designs to form the states like that.

And actually, I had to take liberties with the states below the Ohio. There was no record of names or even exact locations for them, so I had to fill in the gaps.

Regarding Jefferson's idea, I actually use it quite a bit in my maps. In fact my most recent series uses the idea.

An update.

Drool... :cool::cool::cool:

Highlander

Banned
Hah! I noticed that as well.

I suppose I should have told him that my idea was that, the people of the area name their state after Jefferson, so as to get on his good side. Much like they named it "Franklin".

Think I should post a comment to that regard?

Hah! I noticed that as well.

I suppose I should have told him that my idea was that, the people of the area name their state after Jefferson, so as to get on his good side. Much like they named it "Franklin".

Think I should post a comment to that regard?
Yes, you should.

Highlander

Banned
Okay, phew!

Been busy the last couple days working on these. We decided to have the first map revised, which is now this (unless he makes any changes.)

Untitled-2.png

Highlander

Banned
And second, I asked him what he thought of extending the idea past the Mississippi, and so I made a map of it.

Untitled-4.png

Thande

Donor
And second, I asked him what he thought of extending the idea past the Mississippi, and so I made a map of it.

It's the Inevitable State of Deseret! :D

Cool map.

One thing I would suggest it to make one and colour all the states 4 or 5 pastel colours, like in a normal OTL state map of the US (e.g. below) as that really emphasises different state borders.

maps_of_world_usa_states_city.gif