There seems to be a trend of Hollywood OTL actors being the face of important carolinians. At first I thought the Gamble family had just the right genes to be naturally good looking, but then we have the Baroness Van Heemstra's husband with Gary Cooper's face. ¿It's a running gag?

There seems to be a trend of Hollywood OTL actors being the face of important carolinians. At first I thought the Gamble family had just the right genes to be naturally good looking, but then we have the Baroness Van Heemstra's husband with Gary Cooper's face. ¿It's a running gag?
“Hark the sound of handsome genes!”

Might be a case of author appeal and the fact that actors tend to a wider catalogues of pictures from various roles to choose from compared to most other people

Is Alt-Madness JFK still crazy and insane as Oswald?
The Virginians were white supremacist, albeit I don't know how hardcore they would be, but probably more than OTL South. Historically, JFK pushed for Civil Rights, and peace negotiations with USSR. I imagine instead, since Virginia is the hotspot for Catholic on North America, JFK might be much more war-hawk and be a hardcore racist.

“Hark the sound of handsome genes!”

Might be a case of author appeal and the fact that actors tend to a wider catalogues of pictures from various roles to choose from compared to most other people
It's very probably author appeal. Murica and Napo write about the things they like and know, like Americana and retro aesthetic. I suppose there is also another funny or interesting reason and that's why I ask. Not to mention Hollywood actor photos are good examples of that old aesthetic.

The Virginians were white supremacist, albeit I don't know how hardcore they would be, but probably more than OTL South. Historically, JFK pushed for Civil Rights, and peace negotiations with USSR. I imagine instead, since Virginia is the hotspot for Catholic on North America, JFK might be much more war-hawk and be a hardcore racist.

Not to spoil too much, but there is going to be an alt Civil Rights issue of a sort in Virginia. Kennedy will very much not approve.

It's very probably author appeal. Murica and Napo write about the things they like and know, like Americana and retro aesthetic. I suppose there is also another funny or interesting reason and that's why I ask. Not to mention Hollywood actor photos are good examples of that old aesthetic.

It's a combination of things. At least for me, yeah author appeal is part of it. However, there's also a story component and a convenience factor

Story wise, James Stewart looks enough like Clark Gable in certain facial aspects that you could squint and go, yeah, I see a resemblance. That's helpful for establishing a line of succession although I will probably drop that in favor of fun character models. Convenience wise, I suck at photo editing, so the more goofy/potentially goofy pictures a person has, the better.

This is all also preparing for the future of the Americas. The RU and the Southrons are each going to have their own version of a Pinnacle Future. Things are getting shook up.

Kinda short, but I hope this is a tantalizing look at alt! China, and maybe even Egoist China if Napo likes it.

The Brilliant and Revolutionary Egoist Thought of Hyperman Qin Shi Huang

Zhu_De.jpg

Our Glorious Hyperman Qin Shi Huang

• The purpose of human life is to advance.​
  • These advances take many forms. Technological, cultural, economic, and militaristic.​
  • The best way for human life to advance is to eliminate the restrictive state.​
  • In so doing, one creates a flowering of human creativity, freedom, and harmony.​
  • However, there must be a social structure to prevent bad actors and spooks from gaining a foothold.​
  • Bad actors are defined as murderers, rapists, and those who would destroy property.​
  • Spooks are defined as imperialists, religious types, and foreign radicals.​
  • Spooks are far more dangerous than bad actors, for they turn people against freedom.​
  • The solution to this conundrum is Egoism​
  • Egoism believes in the Truth of the Hyperman, the Principles of Organization, and the Legalist Anti-State Principle​
  • The Truth of the Hyperman is the simple truth that some people are naturally more capable than others​
  • These Hypermen mustn't be constrained by the weak and slothful, but allowed to rise, that they might advance humanity.​
  • A Hyperman can stay in leadership as long as necessary.​
  • The Principles of Organization state that the best way to promote liberty and advancement is to ensure harmony between peoples.​
  • Family units must be sturdy, to raise children capable of advancement.​
  • The races must be harmonized to ensure stability.​
  • Corporations and other businesses must be organized under a true Hyperman, to ensure advancement​
  • To prevent disruption of social harmony, community enforcement is required​
  • This brings us to the Legalist Anti-State Principle​
  • Once the state has been destroyed, a new system must take its place to fulfill the Principles of Organization​
  • However, a new state is not the answer, as this only creates stagnation and tyranny​
  • The solution is the creation of the Legalist Anti-State​
  • This is a new method of governing designed to protect from disharmony, spooks, and bad actors while also promoting a flowering of human potential​
  • The Anti-State is not democratic, but builds from organic community feelings​
  • The Anti-State is not authoritarian, but seeks to promote human advancement at all costs​
  • To do so, the Anti-State will work as a harmonious extension of the national community, and nurture said community.​
  • The Anti-State springs from the will of the people, not of tyrants. This makes it new and organic, as opposed to the old, artificial States which govern the world.​
  • To ensure the efficiency of the Anti-State, modified Legalist principles can be utilized to promote harmony.​
  • China will become the world's first Anti-State, and in so doing become the pinnacle of human achievement.​
  • This will aid the cause of national rejuvenation, and allow China to stand tall once more!​
  • Long live the Chinese Anti-State!​

China is basically a bunch of totalitarian legalists with accelerationist characteristics and ancap window dressing
Hey, Murica, another Gamble related question, ¿What is Johny Gamble's personality? I understand the quirks and eccetricities of each madness character but I haven't grasped what are those of Johny.

He seemed a naive and sympathetic guy who just got himself trapped in a deal with the devil when he allied with the RU, and then we see him intervening in Germania to not look weak. But appart from that I don't get nothing, and I have read the expanded universe updates, some of them at least. I suppose he has become a cynical lying careerist after getting manipulated and seeing how everything works here.

Hey, Murica, another Gamble related question, ¿What is Johny Gamble's personality? I understand the quirks and eccetricities of each madness character but I haven't grasped what are those of Johny.

He seemed a naive and sympathetic guy who just got himself trapped in a deal with the devil when he allied with the RU, and then we see him intervening in Germania to not look weak. But appart from that I don't get nothing, and I have read the expanded universe updates, some of them at least. I suppose he has become a cynical lying careerist after getting manipulated and seeing how everything works here.

Great question. I imagine that Gamble started off with a bit of naivete, but has morphed into what can maybe be best described as a pragmatic patriot. Honestly if this wasn't Madnessverse, he might not be the worst guy to have in charge of a country.

We've got no indication that he's a cynical Steele type. He seems to believe fairly strongly in Carolina. However, he will do whatever is necessary to defend the nation's existence and honor. Carolina is a small country in a world filled with crazed empires always looking for some new place to devour for the glory of their country. He refused to allow the same to happen to Carolina, no matter the cost. So if he has to lie, cheat, steal, oppress, and sign on to every Yankee war of aggression for the rest of eternity to keep Carolina and her culture alive, by God he'll do it. And if someone attacks the country, he won't hesitate to murder them because if he did, that would be weakness. He's fundamentally someone willing to do whatever it takes to keep the country alive and prosperous. Which in the Madnessverse, inevitably means a bunch of fucked up stuff.

Great question. I imagine that Gamble started off with a bit of naivete, but has morphed into what can maybe be best described as a pragmatic patriot. Honestly if this wasn't Madnessverse, he might not be the worst guy to have in charge of a country.

We've got no indication that he's a cynical Steele type. He seems to believe fairly strongly in Carolina. However, he will do whatever is necessary to defend the nation's existence and honor. Carolina is a small country in a world filled with crazed empires always looking for some new place to devour for the glory of their country. He refused to allow the same to happen to Carolina, no matter the cost. So if he has to lie, cheat, steal, oppress, and sign on to every Yankee war of aggression for the rest of eternity to keep Carolina and her culture alive, by God he'll do it. And if someone attacks the country, he won't hesitate to murder them because if he did, that would be weakness. He's fundamentally someone willing to do whatever it takes to keep the country alive and prosperous. Which in the Madnessverse, inevitably means a bunch of fucked up stuff.
So a sort of anti-hero who in other context would have been a great person?

So a sort of anti-hero who in other context would have been a great person?

Kind of. He would probably have streaks of an anti-hero in any context, given his somewhat ruthless nature. For instance, if he were President of the OTL US, he would definitely make reforms that were needed at home, but also wouldn't be averse to a lot of 50-60's style CIA shenanigans if it was in the national interest.

Gamble would be one of those mayors, councilman, governor, representative or senator iotl that would be re-elected every election iotl. He would know how to change the message depending on the group and would not favor any one over the others. He may be corrupt, too fond of women or liquor but people elect him because he gets things done. Services are efficient and he doesn't steal much compared to others. Plus he defends the community from the outsiders.

The Alliance of Free Nations, 1950 AD
Also known as: The Allies, Allied Nations, Allied Forces

Full Member States

Flag-United-States-of-America.jpg

The Flag of the Republican Union of America

B9ADD805-F088-6CA6-3564C2F77DF3421F.jpg

Franklin Trajanus Roosevelt, President of the Republican Union of America, Headmaster-Marshal of the Roosevelt Youth Brigade, Leader of the Free World

hw1utntk9r001.png

The Flag of the Union of Scandinavia

Vidkun-Quisling.jpg

Vidkun Quisling, President of the Union of Scandinavia, Fyrst of the Scandinavian Fascist Union (1)

480px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

The Flag of the Britannic Union

GettyImages-515204596-1049a45-ff40a6e.jpg

Winston Churchill, General Director of the Britannic Union and Atheling of the British Nationalist Party

800px-Flag_of_Liberia.svg.png

Flag of the Republican Union of New Judah

81cGEj7Xw2L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Praise-God Lincoln Williamson, President of the Republican Union of New Judah, and Supreme Chief of all Her People

640px-Eureka_Flag.svg.png

The Flag of the Commonwealth of Australia

Peter_Badcoe_c.1950%27s_P00942.002.JPG

Peter Badcoe, Protector of the Realm and Destroyer of All Aboriginals

israel4-png.455536

Flag of the Republican Union of Israel

Avraham_Stern%2C_Photo.jpg

Abraham Stern, President of the Republican Union of Israel, Judge of the Israelites

Non-Binding Observer States:

cokie-png.462503

Flag of the Confederation of the Carolinas

Clark_Gable_-_publicity.JPG

Adelbert Upjohn "Johnny" Gamble VI, Chancellor of the Confederation of the Carolinas

cocorea-jpg.498850

Flag of the Confederation of Corea

PROD-Red-Premier.jpg

Chancellor Kim il-Sung, Chancellor of the Confederation of Corea, Protector of the Presbyterian Church of Greater Corea, Abeoji of the Corean Race (2)

1. Old Norse for Prince
2. Translates to father, papa, daddy.

Last edited:
That Israel flag continues to be one of my favorite fan creations from the main thread.

Also kinda funny how out of place Avraham Stern looks among all the fat jowly dudes. But in a way that almost gives him a kind of appeal. What kind of things does a thin-faced wiry guy have to do to sit at the same table at the past soldier/present playboy Pinnacle body types?

The RU of Israel might very well have an anthem similar to the “Lehi Song” of OTL. Kinda don’t want to post the song here since I don’t want banning :/