The Soviet Union in a Central Powers victorious world

With the B-L borders, no Ukraine to strip-mine for food to sell abroad, so industrialization-by-brute-force might be rather difficult.

Much less oil to sell abroad too, since Baku will be in the hands of the Turks and Georgia an ally of Germany (under Menshevik control, no less--they won't want to deal with Lenin).

So, how much later could the SU become a fully industrialized country without the Ukraine?

Faeelin

Banned
With the B-L borders, no Ukraine to strip-mine for food to sell abroad, so industrialization-by-brute-force might be rather difficult.

Much less oil to sell abroad too, since Baku will be in the hands of the Turks and Georgia an ally of Germany (under Menshevik control, no less--they won't want to deal with Lenin).

How crucial was Soviet oil to foreign trade, and how crucial was trade to industrialization?

For that matter, I think you're assuming that a USSR would only try brute-force industrialization; maybe the NEP results in a more prosperous USSR that acts as a beacon of light to the peoples of Mitteleuropa.

Grey Wolf

Donor
What Soviet Union ?

Ludendorff was backing Judenich in the North and Judenich was planning an attack on Saint Petersburg in concert with Germany's ally Finland

I see Germany as wanting to get rid of the aberation that was the USSR as soon as possible

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

How crucial was Soviet oil to foreign trade, and how crucial was trade to industrialization?.

I'd think the oil was of some use _internally_ in their industrialization: and the USSR has damn little oil if the Caucuses are gone _and_ central Asia is a mess: IIRC, the Siberian oil fields didn't really become important until well after WWII (is the technology to exploit them available in the 1920's?)

For that matter, I think you're assuming that a USSR would only try brute-force industrialization; maybe the NEP results in a more prosperous USSR that acts as a beacon of light to the peoples of Mitteleuropa.

Perhaps in a few decades....(the USSR was starting out from a pretty low base after the civil war, after all.)

Bruce