The Silver Knight, a Lithuania Timeline

What's your opinion on The Silver Knight so far?

• Total voters
Unfortunately, no country can ever go beyond without glorious constitutional monarchy. All might must first be placed in the hands of a new imperial dynasty, and then a nice slow transition to constitutional monarchy under a prince of ice and fire. Nobility/grace and democracy/liberty in the hands of a prince who has experienced both.

Seriously though, this Japan is a disgrace without the House of Yamato it even uses the booring V2 Republican flag that's awful.

Unfortunately, no country can ever go beyond without glorious constitutional monarchy. All might must first be placed in the hands of a new imperial dynasty, and then a nice slow transition to constitutional monarchy under a prince of ice and fire. Nobility/grace and democracy/liberty in the hands of a prince who has experienced both.

Seriously though, this Japan is a disgrace without the House of Yamato it even uses the booring V2 Republican flag that's awful.
Actually.. I don't think a Emigrés or a foreigner, being installed to head a government will have popular support.whether it is Republican or Monarchist..

Actually.. I don't think a Emigrés or a foreigner, being installed to head a government will have popular support.whether it is Republican or Monarchist..

While this is true (it was true for Sun Yat-sen and Syngman Rhee) for individual leaders, I think that the Republican government as a whole may be able to accustom itself to its surroundings and outlast its founders.

Of course, it's not that Germany planned to wait in Anatolia forever - one day or another, they hoped to either return to finish the job or give the occuped territory should any successor regime be comfortable enough for them. What the Germans couldn't have expected, however, was that the front line would soon become a hard border between two rival regimes.

I'm spitballing here, but if the border between German-occupied Anatolia and the Yenilemists becomes a hard border then:
1. The Germans create some democratic "West Turkey" in their occupied lands (maybe they even make it a German-style constitutional monarchy ruled from Constantinople under a relative of the Egyptian line) and the Yenilemist "East Turkey" coexists uneasily with it.
2. The Germans give all of their territories in Anatolia to Greece, which must defend and colonize them despite the protests of the Yenilemists, the sole remaining Turkish government.
3. The Yenilemists are defeated by the Unitarians, the Germans stay in Anatolia, and the border becomes a German-Indian one.

Overall, I'm REALLY not sure if I like Germania's idealism that much. The declaration of a new war immediately after the last one doesn't feel like a good idea. Plus, Germania's insistence on immediate and meaningful transitions to democratic government is nice but some of the most successful democratic transitions of OTL (Taiwan, SK) came after years of tolerated dictatorship, years of relative peace (or at least, the absence of civil war) and prosperity in which local economies could grow interlinked with the world, native educated classes with a sense of civic nationalism and duty could develop, and movements for democracy could be created. If a democratic German-backed country starts turning illiberal or authoritarian, what then? Will they let the locals fight for themselves, or will they immediately intervene with election observers, sanctions, or worse?

Once it has ended the war in Eastern Europe and started designing international law, Germania (and Europe at large, and the world) had better have good answers to very tough questions.

With some deliberation and discussions, the Chinese legislature wrote a democratic constitution for the soon-to-be formed Republic of Japan and handed it to one of the more prominent Japanese emigres, Izuku Midoriya. A provisional government, formed in Kyoto under Chinese jurisdiction, approved the imposed constitution, petitioned to join the EASA and began on the tough task of rebuilding the destroyed Land of the Rising Sun.
Did someone say run?

With some deliberation and discussions, the Chinese legislature wrote a democratic constitution for the soon-to-be formed Republic of Japan and handed it to one of the more prominent Japanese emigres, Izuku Midoriya. A provisional government, formed in Kyoto under Chinese jurisdiction, approved the imposed constitution, petitioned to join the EASA and began on the tough task of rebuilding the destroyed Land of the Rising Sun.

Uh.

tumblr_oc42v9lpb21vwyv73o1_500.gif

Everybody is focused on PM Deku they didn't realize Bruce Wayne became a Turkish citizen. :p

Anyways, what the fuck happened to the Japanese Imperial Family? I don't think they could be wiped out easily. It's line of succession is pretty big.

Everybody is focused on PM Deku they didn't realize Bruce Wayne became a Turkish citizen. :p

Anyways, what the fuck happened to the Japanese Imperial Family? I don't think they could be wiped out easily. It's line of succession is pretty big.
The last Emperor and his closest relatives have been dead for a long time. Obviously, the blood of House Yamato is much more widespread than that, but it has yet to be determined who would be the immediate heir to the chrysanthemum throne - the victims of Nagai's regime and the war have yet to be fully tallied, and, for obvious reasons, any direct descendants of the royal family who are still alive have brushed away their heritage.

the victims of Nagai's regime and the war have yet to be fully tallied, and, for obvious reasons, any direct descendants of the royal family who are still alive have brushed away their heritage.
That is sad, But this is great cost to restore the japan to it's greatness by All-mighty Replubican.
Also, I hope Brittania empire actually do something with french when german isnt looking. But honestly, This is just a wet dream unless Brittania got some allies(Looking at you, Revivalist)

The Imperial family was long gone, too - while some of the more protectionist Chinese politicians toyed with the idea of placing a relative of the Emperor in Japan to start a new Japanese imperial dynasty, consensus was eventually reached on the future of Japan being a republican one.
I thought of a poll..

Are the Japanese really that supportive of a republic? I mean, the excesses of Nagai's rule could possibly make them hardcore monarchists. Plus, they really like to stick to tradition, and Japan's monarchy is a very, very old tradition that can't be erased immediately in a couple of decades.

Actually, @Augenis, I expected a succession dispute between the surviving members of the Imperial family. Those people who kept their heritage under wraps will definitely come out like mushrooms once they saw that Nagai is gone and the throne is up for grabs.

And I don't think China will deny the opportunity to put Japan in her sphere of influence for good by settling the succession issue and bind them to China's ruling dynasty.

Does Ex- Nagai supporters of Japan form terrorist cells?
There are some stubborn resistance attempts, especially in the north of the country, but they are not a major threat to the central government and the occupying Chinese forces.

What happens to izuku midoriya?
?

Are the Japanese really that supportive of a republic? I mean, the excesses of Nagai's rule could possibly make them hardcore monarchists. Plus, they really like to stick to tradition, and Japan's monarchy is a very, very old tradition that can't be erased immediately in a couple of decades.

Actually, @Augenis, I expected a succession dispute between the surviving members of the Imperial family. Those people who kept their heritage under wraps will definitely come out like mushrooms once they saw that Nagai is gone and the throne is up for grabs.

And I don't think China will deny the opportunity to put Japan in her sphere of influence for good by settling the succession issue and bind them to China's ruling dynasty.
When the Chinese legislature wrote the constitution for a Republic of Japan, they cared less about "what would the Japanese people want?" and more about "how do we make sure Japan doesn't try anything like this again and keep them in our sphere of influence?".

Admittedly, it wouldn't be surprising if there is a Shinto and monarchism revival in Japan, much like, as an example, there was and still is a revival of positive views of Tsarist Russia in OTL Russia after the fall of the USSR - but on the other hand, the Japan before the Revolution was a Shogunate and the Emperor was a powerless puppet who was unable to stop the revolution from happening.

And I expected a referendum on forms of government after nagai fell.. If they choose a republic, they would get it.