The Silver Knight, a Lithuania Timeline

What's your opinion on The Silver Knight so far?

• Total voters
Anyways, what is East Slavia like politically? How democratic is it and is it under what we'd call a presidential, parliamentary, or semi-presidential system?

DBWI: What if India didn't come to Nagai's aid in 1940?
Followed by three pages of Chinese patriots arguing that the Shun could have taken on India and Japan at once and did so in this DBTL.

Personally I would say that India could have definitely taken on China during the War of the Danube, though it would have been a bloody fight.

Followed by three pages of Chinese patriots arguing that the Shun could have taken on India and Japan at once and did so in this DBTL.

Personally I would say that India could have definitely taken on China during the War of the Danube, though it would have been a bloody fight.
So waiting until the invention of nukes and the conclusion of the war in the west was a misstep?

So waiting until the invention of nukes and the conclusion of the war in the west was a misstep?
The misstep was to assume China will give in to Indian demands after nuclear strikes. The Indian high command overestimated the impact which nuclear bombardment would have on Chinese willingness to fight - and in a way, it achieved the complete opposite, as it became the rallying cry for the Chinese for much of the war.

And also to assume that the Western powers would not throw as much effort into the Great Asian War as they did. If it was one on one, India would have likely been able to eventually defeat China in 1960, much like it probably could have in 1940 (the former date, however, has the advantage of significantly less chance of Western intervention, since they would be busy in Central Europe at the time).

In short, India's primary failure was to assume that the rest of the world was a lot more careful and unwilling to make risks than they are.

krieger

Banned
Any more popular AH scenarios in TSK's AH.Com?
Obvious. Revivalist Lithuania winning it's war (there could be mod to TTL HoI 4 called "Nauja Tvarka"),Imperialist Lithuania winning the Great European War(it could be ITTL equivalent to Kaiserreich), Samsa revolution not happening and Visegrad surviving.

Last edited:
Obvious. Revivalist Lithuania winning it's war (there could be mod to TTL HoI 4 called "Nauja Tvarka"),Imperialist Lithuania winning the Great European War(it could be ITTL equivalent to Kaiserreich), Samsa revolution not happening and Visegrad surviving.
I posted some of my thoughts of what a TSK "Kaiserreich" could look like here:

I have actually thought a little about this TL's version of Kaiserreich in the past. It probably wouldn't be called "Ciesoriaus Imperija", in my opinion, as that would imply a Lithuania-centric mod, while, in my opinion, such a mod would almost certainly be focused on France. Maybe "Frankreich"? Assuming the idea for the mod popus up in German-language Internetwork.

France would definitely be the German Empire of this world, sitting content with a reannexed Rhineland and North Germany turned into a puppet confederation, at least until Potop-style troubles start appearing.

Lithuania would likely be a combination of KR Russia and Austria. A nominally very powerful, but practically fragmented and weak nation with a hated leader who's about to die (Emperor Žygimantas). The Lithessia proposal could get brought back up in a counterpart of the Ausgleich as a possible way to save the Empire from collapse, or alternatively, a Slavic rebellion could break out and destroy it, or Lithuania could go democratic, Unitarian or extremist.

South Germania and Visegrad could fill the role of the Synditern, the former as a Unitarian republic and the latter as Samsa's CUS. I could also see the mod having countries such as Sweden, Spain, the Ottos (assuming they don't go Union) or maybe even Italy giving an option to go Unitarian.

The Mughals could also fill a similar role to Lithuania as "a Pyrrhic Victor which can either collapse ablaze or recover and become a world power". Expect the Nijasure brothers or other prominent Indian Unitarians to make an appearance there.

Not sure where China and Japan could fit. I can't really imagine China as the type of nation to receive the KR USA treatment and go through a four way civil war, although I don't discount that either. But, then again, the interwar period also saw China go through extremist and Revivalist-influenced coup attempts, so that would definitely make an appearance as well.

krieger

Banned
France will be the focus of this.
Not so much, it isn't even a monarchy. I see France as a altTSK equivalent to KR Austro-Hungary, Germany as a equivalent to KR Italy (as it would be as dismantled as Italy was) and Visegrad as KR Russia. I see Lithuania more like German Empire. And I don't get Samsa coming to power in the lost Visegrad, it would probably fall to some form of pan-slavic nationalist revanchism (it would be more like National Unitarianism than Samsite-Stalinist branch) with violence directed towards Jews, Romanis and Lithuanians. And I would rather see far-left succeeding in Britannia as a opposition to ultra-catholic regime.

Last edited:
Not so much, it isn't even a monarchy. I see France as a altTSK equivalent to KR Austro-Hungary, Germany as a equivalent to KR Italy (as it would be as dismantled as Italy was) and Visegrad as KR Russia. I see Lithuania more like German Empire. And I don't get Samsa coming to power in the lost Visegrad, it would probably fall to some form of pan-slavic nationalist revanchism (it would be more like National Unitarianism than Samsite-Stalinist branch) with violence directed towards Jews, Romanis and Lithuanians. And I would rather see far-left succeeding in Britannia as a opposition to ultra-catholic regime.
I mean, the point of KR isn't really that Germany is a monarchy(though a big difference in the mod is that monarchy is more supported worldwide) but rather that it's the hegemonic power.

Really, though, canon TSK is its own version of Kaiserreich. In KRWWI the German Empire defeated the traditional world hegemon, the UK, to become the most powerful Empire in the world; here, Germania did just that to France and Lithuania. The dynamic, of a recently-crowned world hegemon, is the same. Really in terms of the dynamics of history any world where France wins would be Fuhrerreich.

I mean, the point of KR isn't really that Germany is a monarchy(though a big difference in the mod is that monarchy is more supported worldwide) but rather that it's the hegemonic power.

Really, though, canon TSK is its own version of Kaiserreich. In KRWWI the German Empire defeated the traditional world hegemon, the UK, to become the most powerful Empire in the world; here, Germania did just that to France and Lithuania. The dynamic, of a recently-crowned world hegemon, is the same. Really in terms of the dynamics of history any world where France wins would be Fuhrerreich.
Interesting observation you have there.

krieger

Banned

I disagree. Whole point of KRTL is (in my opinion) to show people how world would develop if monarchies (with monarchs being in power) replaced republics and figurehead monarchies (like UK OTL). So ITTL Kaiserreich would be about Lithuania winning, as it was the strongest monarchy in TSK pre-war Europe.