The Silver Knight, a Lithuania Timeline

What's your opinion on The Silver Knight so far?

• Total voters
What I would love to see is a photo like the one with Stalin, Churchill & Roosevelt, but with the leaders of the US & China.

three.jpg

I doubt that a Mughal restoration is in the cards. It's been a bit over 40 years since the revolution, half the population probably doesn't even remember the times when the Mughals ruled. And India probably has its own alternatives (native dissident movements, former Unitarians who decide to collaborate for now) to a government led by a Chinese employee.

Aside from the UIS' leaders, how many people died when Lucknow finally ran out of luck and got an instant sunrise?
I'd say about 200-300 thousand in Lucknow alone. Maybe slightly less, given that many people had probably already fled the city due to the infighting and bombardment.

Anyways, how many people did the UIS kill in total during the 40+ years they were in power (not counting combat deaths and "collateral damage")?

How bad is the nuclear fallout? This might be a post all in itself. I imagine the discovery of Radiation fallout from Nukes is going to have a big impact on the public perception of Nuclear Weapons. We could even see a call for the destruction of all weapons when knowledge of the impact on soldiers & civilians who were caught in the fallout.

We are looking at decades of clean up and the loss of thousands of acres of farm-able land in India alone. Radiation from Chernobyl to this day, still requires farmers as far as Scotland to test their cattle for high amounts of radiation. While the fallout will be much smaller than Chernobyl, we could see issues up and down the coasts of Arabia, India, China and the Pacific. The world economies once geared for war are going to have to turn to agriculture to help save the billions of lives at stake now.

This isn't even taking into account the ongoing conflicts that will likely last for years to come.

How bad is the nuclear fallout? This might be a post all in itself. I imagine the discovery of Radiation fallout from Nukes is going to have a big impact on the public perception of Nuclear Weapons. We could even see a call for the destruction of all weapons when knowledge of the impact on soldiers & civilians who were caught in the fallout.

We are looking at decades of clean up and the loss of thousands of acres of farm-able land in India alone. Radiation from Chernobyl to this day, still requires farmers as far as Scotland to test their cattle for high amounts of radiation. While the fallout will be much smaller than Chernobyl, we could see issues up and down the coasts of Arabia, India, China and the Pacific. The world economies once geared for war are going to have to turn to agriculture to help save the billions of lives at stake now.

This isn't even taking into account the ongoing conflicts that will likely last for years to come.
Radiation from nuclear weapons is already a known fact, you would have Indians using radiological bombs otherwise.

Radiation from nuclear weapons is already a known fact, you would have Indians using radiological bombs otherwise.

But do they understand the extent of the fallout? Based OTL, the US understanding of radiation fallout at the time was very limited to what we know now. Indeed a good chunk of it only became evident in the years and decades that followed. We also had no idea how radiation fallout can spread and end up covering thousands of miles of territory.

Lucknow just turned into Nuke-now.

In all seriousness, how long will India suffer from radiation? I won't be surprised if the successor states would refuse to annex the places where the bombs were dropped.

Lucknow just turned into Nuke-now.

In all seriousness, how long will India suffer from radiation? I won't be surprised if the successor states would refuse to annex the places where the bombs were dropped.

I think the reverse. They might compete for them. Whoever takes one is going to get decades of international aid. By not taking one, you're still going to have to deal with with the massive refugee problem, but with less aid than if you did take the area.

I think the reverse. They might compete for them. Whoever takes one is going to get decades of international aid. By not taking one, you're still going to have to deal with with the massive refugee problem, but with less aid than if you did take the area.

Yeah, it could go that way, too. But I'm pretty sure they would have a hard time convincing their respective citizens to settle on these ground zeroes.

Yeah, it could go that way, too. But I'm pretty sure they would have a hard time convincing their respective citizens to settle on these ground zeroes.

Oh yeah. That will problematic, but I'm hoping Japan can be an example of clearing and rebuilding post atomic weapon use. That said, India is a much bigger country than Japan. It might end up being easier to build a new city entirely, than attempt to rebuild the ruined ones, at least until the Fallout is cleared.

EDIT: Actually the most likely option will probably be to declare the cities under US Control. That way none of the ruined and war torn nations have to deal with the burden of carrying ruined cities as well.

Hell once the fallout is gone you could see one of these become the permanent home of US Headquarters. A sort of symbolic image, that out of the rubble of the worst war in Human History, comes a shining beacon of what happens when Humans work past their differences to create a new peaceful future.

Last edited:
Wow the start of the Great European War is way back on page 51...

How do the current countries remember the times prior to the rise of Unitarianism and all the other craziness that has happened since 1911?

But.. We saw TTL's japan's case. If dissident movements aren't that big..

While we did see Japan's case, in which a republican form of government was imposed with relatively few hitches, even there you had the threat of the Purification Coalition (as indigenous a dissident movement as you can get) hanging over the future of the Republic (come to think of it, I never did revisit Japan. Probably time to explain what happened there).

Anyways, when you consider that India is far bigger/more diverse than Japan, that the UIS's lifespan was almost double that of the Japanese Unitarian state, and that nation-building is now understood by the major world powers to be a VERY time-, labor-, and resource-consuming process even in the best of cases, I think there's reason to believe that the indigenous dissident movements will be significant enough to avoid being ignored, and that the occupation authorities will derive active benefits from forming partnerships with them. All that, though, is probably going to take a while. Considering how shattered the country is, I don't expect US troops to leave India for a good few years.