The Silver Knight, a Lithuania Timeline

What's your opinion on The Silver Knight so far?

• Total voters
The slavic alliance is nice. The way the russians and ruthenians have won their independence is one of the more interesting things about this timeline.

A 1950s resident of Kiev in this timeline would have a very different outlook to one from otl.

Now that the former heart of Visegrad is under a Luxembourg monarch, have emigre/refugee Visegradians started to return from exile?
Also, has anyone (Lusang, France, the Incas?) tried to grab a piece of Oceania's Pacific territories during its civil war? Given that any island which is not kept out of Unitarian hands becomes an Indian naval base, it seems like there'd be an impetus to snatch some of the sprawling (and sparsely populated) ex-colony's outlying territories.

Last edited:
Now that the former heart of Visegrad is under a Luxembourg monarch, have emigre/refugee Visegradians started to return from exile?
Most who wanted to return had already done so by 1949 - King Karoly was a special case. Of course, this doesn't mean that returning was easy for the emigres, something as simple as choosing which country to return to was a problem - if you speak Hungarian, but your estate was in Poland, while your relatives speak Bohemian and live in Croatia, where do you return to?

Also, has anyone (Lusang, France, the Incas?) tried to grab a piece of Oceania's Pacific territories during its civil war? Given that any island which is not kept out of Unitarian hands becomes an Indian naval base, it seems like there'd be an impetus to snatch some of the sprawling (and sparsely populated) ex-colony's outlying territories.
Some have been grabbed, indeed, but most of the tiny Pacific islands formerly under Oceanian control weren't good naval bases to begin with - the majority of them don't even have the population to run a naval port, after all.

Wait, did India just develop nukes?!

Prepare yourselves.

7bd.jpg

*crushes cup* But.. but nukes were supposed to be theoretical! The world was never supposed to be this advanced!
Well, it looks like this is the "Second World War" that the War on the Danube apparently never was.

EDIT: We're also approaching Part 100. Who wants to bet that everything goes down the drain then?

Last edited:
Alongside the Crimean military, some 200 000 Tatars living in Krajina retreated to the peninsula, worsening the situation in the already overpopulated nation. Here, the war turned into a stalemate - the Ruthenians had no capability to breach through the chokepoint and the navy guarding it, while the Crimeans had no chance of making a second push. Circassia couldn't even be reached by land, lest Ruthenia had to go through neutral Volga. As such, even though the hostilities in the Crimean War ceased by 1950, the actual armistice was only signed in 1955, after some threats of Volgak intervention and some careful negotiations. A full peace treaty never happened.

I don't see how any of this could lead to further conflicts in the future.
I mean what could go wrong? This is clearly an extremely stable situation.

Who's going to be the death that's going to change the world?
I think there are two possibilities:
1-the enemy of Free World in GWII is still Unitarianism and India. That means the dead man is Sanjay Nijasure, and an hardliner take his place.
2-Some strange new ideology/nation/unitarian shithole is going to rise. That means the dead is...I have no fucking idea. France and Germany are stable democracies, so no. Britannia has just fallen. I see China too stable for that. Maybe some strange developement in Vespucia Free State?

1-the enemy of Free World in GWII is still Unitarianism and India. That means the dead man is Sanjay Nijasure, and an hardliner take his place.
2-Some strange new ideology/nation/unitarian shithole is going to rise. That means the dead is...I have no fucking idea. France and Germany are stab
Well, I mentioned in one of my China guest updates that the Jiaqing Emperor will die in 1952 and his daughter will become Empress.

2-Some strange new ideology/nation/unitarian shithole is going to rise. That means the dead is...I have no fucking idea. France and Germany are stable democracies, so no. Britannia has just fallen. I see China too stable for that. Maybe some strange developement in Vespucia Free State?

Well the world seems to be splitting into two camps. On one side we have a group of democracies and constitutional monarchies, I presume Shun, Germania and their zones of influence, Lithuania, France, Netherlands,and maybe some Vespucian states in this group. The second "alliance" if you would even be able to call it like that, would be comprised of various revanchist and expansionist countries, and possibly those who have a bone to pick with the first group. Here you would have your Unitarians, your The Three Bogatyrs, probably some dictatorships like Spain.
Wild cards in this conflict would probably be again, some Vespucian countries, Indonesia, Crimea and Circassia, and possibly some of the post-Visegrad states as the outcome of the Kingdom crumbling probably left some nations quite unhappy.