The Shuffled Disneyverse: An Alt Disney Timeline

LeoII

Banned
If there's a Black Cauldron in this timeline, any chance that it will be more faithful to the books? Perhaps the first longrunning Disney series?

Wreck-It-Ralph 2 (1947)
Wreck-It-Ralph 2 (1947):​

The success of the original Wreck-It-Ralph Film came right before the United States entered World War II. This was still not enough to get Disney’s studio completely into the clear from a financial standpoint. Thus, in the days before Pearl Harbor, Disney decided to make a follow-up to one of its first four feature films (either Snow White, Cinderella, Frozen, or Wreck-It-Ralph) as a means of getting immediate access to cash. On November 27, 1941, the film that would receive a sequel would have its name drawn randomly out of a hat. Wreck-It-Ralph was the title drawn out of the hat. A rough outline was almost completed on December 8, but the United States military took control of the animation studio that very day and commissioned Disney to produce war films, so this was shelved until it became clear the United States and its allies were going to win the war. During some free time in the late stages of the war, Disney was developing a potential plotline for the film but he and his colleagues could not agree on which to proceed with. As a last-ditch compromise, all four ideas were to be individual segments of a package film based on the original Wreck-It-Ralph film. It was a coin toss to make it either a midquel or an official sequel.

Following the events of the first film, Wreck-It-Ralph 2 explores the adventures of the titular Wreck-It-Ralph and his friends as they learn what life means to them. The first segment is titled Head in the Clouds with Ralph wanting to make a name for himself instead of working at his construction business. He dreams of becoming a television and movie star, but his best friend and heiress, Sarah, warns him of the dangers of fame going to his head. Will he heed her advice, or leave everyone and everything in his life behind? The second segment is Falling In Love With Ralph. It’s a nice evening on Valentine’s Day, and Ralph and Sarah are going on a double date with a woman named Sharon and a man named Karl, respectively. Everything seems to be going well at first until it turns out that Sarah's date is an overly spoiled manchild. Meanwhile, both Ralph and Sarah have feelings for each other but can they both admit it in time? In the third and final segment, Boys Day, Ralph and Felix reunite since they went their own ways at the end of the first film. Both of them have changed since they last met, for the better and worse. The two hang out during their reunion as if they were father and son, hiking, woodworking, and playing baseball and football. Throughout all this, Ralph wonders if he really views himself as a father figure to Felix and if Felix views him as one too, which causes him to doubt himself as a mentor to Felix and as a person.

Wreck-It-Ralph 2 premiered on September 27, 1947, in New York City, followed by its Hollywood premiere on October 22, and finally its wide release on November 12. With its budget of just over a million dollars, the film had grossed $3,165,000 in worldwide rentals by the end of its initial theatrical run with $2,040,000 being generated in North America alone. It received poor critical reception at the time due to its being a package film rather than a proper single-story sequel, not to mention many of its themes deviating from the original making it feel like a significantly lighter and softer film. In the present, the second segment is arguably the most hated package film segment among both fans and critics due to the love story being viewed as forced and unnecessary considering that wasn’t what the first movie was about. Audiences have warmed up to the other two segments over the decades, particularly the last one due to Felix and Ralph’s relationship. Nowadays, it is one of the top ten highest-selling Disney films outside of the prestigious Disney Vault Line.

A/N: And here is the first official sequel of the Disney canon. Since IOTL Wreck-It-Ralph 2 was controversial and the infamous direct to DVD sequels as a whole, I decided to use that vibe plus some anbandoned ideas from Ralph Breaks The Internet.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I will be taking a break from this TL to continue working on a couple of other TLs that are my main projects rather than a side project like this one. To satiate anticipation, I will be dropping hints about the next four titles in the lineup. Everything after them will be shuffled to take into consideration Wish, Elio, and Inside Out 2, as revealed in D23.

1948: Based on another 21st-century title IRL
1949: Music is a major element in this film
1950: Involves talking animals
1951: Features royalty

1948: Based on another 21st-century title IRL
1949: Music is a major element in this film
1950: Involves talking animals
1951: Features royalty
Ok, so 1948 might be Chicken Little or something. 1949, however, can be Fantasia, perhaps? 1950 can be Bambi, I assume. 1951 is either Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, or Beauty and the Beast, so does that count?

Ok, so 1948 might be Chicken Little or something. 1949, however, can be Fantasia, perhaps? 1950 can be Bambi, I assume. 1951 is either Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, or Beauty and the Beast, so does that count?
All of them are varying adaptations of The Princess and the Frog (2009).

I won’t say which films are correct or not but one of them is the correct title in the correct time slot. Another film is a correct title but in the wrong time slot. The other two are completely incorrect. That’s all I will be giving away.

I found this timeline at random, but let me tell you that Winnie the Pooh in the 40s sounds really good to me and my inner kid.

As for the four hints, let me give my guesses:
1948: Rapunzel (Known IOTL as Tangled)
1949: Melody Time
1950: Robin Hood
1951: Beauty and the Beast

Why would I choose these? Well, Rapunzel could fit as the first non-package Disney film in a while, Melody Time is also very related to music, Robin Hood with talking animals gave us one of Disney's most fondly remembered 1970s films IOTL, and given past chapters, BatB could have been this timeline's Alice in Wonderland thus far in the Canon.

And yes, I went contrarian on my guesses.

I found this timeline at random, but let me tell you that Winnie the Pooh in the 40s sounds really good to me and my inner kid.

As for the four hints, let me give my guesses:
1948: Rapunzel (Known IOTL as Tangled)
1949: Melody Time
1950: Robin Hood
1951: Beauty and the Beast

Why would I choose these? Well, Rapunzel could fit as the first non-package Disney film in a while, Melody Time is also very related to music, Robin Hood with talking animals gave us one of Disney's most fondly remembered 1970s films IOTL, and given past chapters, BatB could have been this timeline's Alice in Wonderland thus far in the Canon.

And yes, I went contrarian on my guesses.
It will be a surprise. Right now I am working on another TL and when I get done with that, I will work on the 1948 slot ITTL.