The Ships that Never Sailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigismund the Old and Katarzyna Telniczanka. Katarzyna was Sigismund's mistress, he had 3 kids with her. He never married her, because she was not even noblewoman-likely she came from burgher family from Moravia. Thus such marriage would be scandalous, but at the time Sigismund started his affair with Telniczanka (around 1498) his 3 older brothers were still alive, so he had little prospect to get throne at the time, and Sigismund was devout Christian, so perhaps he is afraid, that he and Katarzyna would go to Hell for living in sin, thus he secretly marries her to save their souls?

Mary of Burgundy and Ferdinand of Aragon - Only possible if his brother Charles, Prince of Viana survives and has heirs.
Juana, daughter of Henry IV of Castile and Francis Phoebus of Navarre.

VVD0D95

Banned
Another one that's actually perhaps going to happen in a story I'm writing:

Bonnie Prince Charlie and Henriette of France, in a world where the 45 succeeds.

I must say who @Cate13 totally persuaded me with her Francis III of Brittany and Frances Brandon pair. I had also already a certain partiality of my own on Henry II of France and Diane de Poitiers (so if his father do not need to marry him to Catherine de Medici and he remain a simple Duke d’Orleans without the job to secure heirs to France...

Last edited:
Princess Helena of the United Kingdom and Ernst August, the Crown Prince of Hanover.

I have an idea of them marrying before the Austro-Prussian war, and Victoria or whoever convincing George V of Hanover to just sit this one out, and the Hanovers keeping the throne.

VVD0D95

Banned
Princess Helena of the United Kingdom and Ernst August, the Crown Prince of Hanover.

I have an idea of them marrying before the Austro-Prussian war, and Victoria or whoever convincing George V of Hanover to just sit this one out, and the Hanovers keeping the throne.
Love it!

That would require a surviving Albert, but is still unlikely as the Hannovers (Victoria’s uncle and cousin) were NOT popular in England

Status
Not open for further replies.