2006 Finale Part 1: "Still Not Done Yet"
Okay so coming up with SA3's gameplay and story has taken so long I'm going to release this post sooner rather than later. If anyone wants to help me finalize SA3's gameplay/story and whatnot so I can finish this year and move on to '07 feel free to private message me please.

THE CELEBRITY CAMEOS OF SONIC 06
November, 2006

Last weekend, the latest entry in the Sonic the Hedgehog film series was released to the world - aptly named 'SONIC THE HEDGEHOG'. Starring the voices of Ryan Drummond, David Humphrey, Jessie McCartney and the late Tony Jay as well as featuring Lacey Chabert, Alan Rickman & a prominent appearance by David Carradine the film is all that both hollywood and the internet have been talking about since it's release; for good and for bad. However, we're not talking about the movie itself. Instead, we're talking about the stars who appeared in the film that you may have missed - some of them will certainly surprise you!

Number 1 - Bob Hoskins. That's right, the man who once played Sonic's long-time rival Mario in the 1993 Super Mario Bros. film makes an appearance in Sonic's first live action romp. Hoskins doesn't have a major role in the film, appearing early in it's run time as an accordion player singing a custom-written song in dedication to Princess Elise III (Lacey Chabert).

Number 2 - Martin Lawrence. The legendary black comedian, star of his own show Martin back in the 90's as well as director Raja Gosnell's Big Mama's House films, appears in this film as a shop keeper in Soleanna's Castle Town district. A very brief role, as he's where Sonic purchases some special power-ups from; still he's as witty as he's ever been!

Number 3 - Ralph Macchio. The star of screenplay writer Robert Mark Kamen's Karate Kid film and it's first two sequels, and an actual Italian, Macchio appears in the third Sonic film as the captain of Soleanna's Royal Guard - a man named Pietro, who at one point in the film briefly impedes Sonic's path by making him guess who the captain is.

Number 4 - Sarah Michelle Geller. Buffy the Vampire Slayer herself, and previously working with Director Gosnell as Daphne in the Scooby Doo films, Geller finds herself this time not in the spotlight but on the sidelines as she plays Anna - one of Princess Elise's two ladies-in-waiting.

Number 5 - Linda Cardellini. Previously having worked with Gosnell as Velma in the Scooby films and being an initial consideration for the role of Elise, Cardellini instead ended up as a very minor role in this film - that being Sophia, Elise's other lady-in-waiting.

Number 6 - Al Pacino. That's right, perhaps the most famous name on this list, the man who was Michael Corleone as well as Scarface is in SONIC THE HEDGEHOG. His role is that of Lord Regis, a recurring minor character who from what we can tell is Soleanna's Mayor/Prime Minister. The film doesn't dwell too much into the character, besides some characters needing to go through to him to get passes into the desert or the forest.

Number 7 - Bea Arthur. Iconic actress and one of the Golden Girls, Bea Arthur appears as an elderly Soleanna woman who gives occassional witty banter, unintentional sends the main characters into certain directors, or otherwise complaining about some automated electronic shopping computer in Soleanna's New City district.

Number 8 - Cloris Leachman. Yet another aged yet still fabulous actress with a long and distinguished career, Leachman finds herself serving as a mirror role to Arthur, that being a separate old Soleanna woman spouting out witty lines and mainly serving in brief comic relief scenes and the occassional unintended guide character.

Number 9 - John Goodman. Known recently for Roseanne as Dan Conner and for his main role in The Emperor's New Groove, Goodman appears in this film as a recurring character; that being a overweight middle aged man who does things such as offer to challeng e characters with math quizes, be asked about where the Iblis Trigger is, or really just say a few witty lines.

- E!

"Raja Gosnell took Sonic the Hedgehog and literally shat on the entire franchise."

"All of these actors are not only where all the budget actually went to, but also none of them got paid enough for being in this disaster."

"Hello famous actor/actress with a distinguished career? Would you like to appear in this dumpster fire as a character with next to no screentime and about as much plot relevance?"

"Robert Mark Kamen - created Karate Kid. Also Robert Mark Kamen - wrote the screenplay for Sonic 06."
- Assorted Comments, 2006-2007

NINTENDO NEEDS TO BUY SONIC FROM SONY

November, 2006

"Okay so you guys read the title, and yes, that is my personal opinion after watching that god damn piece of shit movie that Sony Pictures shat out for us to watch like, a few days ago. I honestly hated that thing so much I'm waiting a couple weeks to buy a G-X instead of a Solaris, fuck Sony and everything they stand for. What in God's name were they thinking while making that movie? For the safety of the Sonic franchisek Nintendo needs to buy Sonic to keep it safe. Or better yet Namco or Capcom, make Sonic go third party and rake in serious cash - leaving Sony behind in the dust. They need to be punished for this horrible god awful movie."

"Okay, firstly, I agree with you that the movie was terrible. I wasn't angry so much I was cringing, laughing nervously, and silently ashamed to be stuck in the theaters watching it having paid money to see it, but I wasn't as greivously offended by it as you were. That said I partially get your pain. Secondly, no. Nintendo, Capcom or Namco should not buy Sonic from Sony - and they never wil either, Sony has long since co-opted Sonic to be their mascot, annointed themselves as Sega's heir years ago. Those three would have to pry the deed to the series from Sony's cold dead hands before they can do anything with it. The Sony Era, which is to say the rest of Sonic history for the foseeable future, is going to have it's ups and downs and this is certainly a down. But calling for Sonic to go third party or for Sega to magically come back from the dead isn't going to solve the franchise's problems. Besides, one bad movie after having two good ones is better than a lot of video game series can say."

"Nintendo owning Sonic would literally be the worst thing to happen to the franchise and it's fanbase since the movie came out. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about."

"Yet another 'Sonic in Smash NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW' peon, I see."

"No actually I don't care if Sonic is in Brawl or not, I just don't like the direction Sony is taking the franchise in."

"Dude SA3 is actually pretty damn good, you're missing out by dropping the franchise over just one movie adaptation of it. Sony is doing just fine with Sonic if you ask me."

"I don't like shilling for Sony at all but I will admit that Sony is doing more for the franchise than Sega ever did in their 10 years of owning it. Plus, Sonic is their biggest money maker - they are financially obligated to care about the franchise."

"I swear, Raja Gosnell is going to be the literal most hated name in Sonic for the rest of time."

"Sony's only had the franchise for 5-6 years now and they've been responsible for one of it's greatest failures."

"You say that like Sega never made any mistakes with the series at all."

"There will come a time when Sony care more about dramatic edgy bullcrap than they do Sonic, guys. You have to realize that."

"Um, no I don't think so. At least if you mean they're gonna flat out stop making Sonic games. No game that appeals to hardcore gamers is going to compare to the nostalgic and historical value of Sonic the Hedgehog, let alone the wider appeal of it. Sony would have to be infected with a severe stupidity virus to stop making Sonic games unless the series does a complete 90 degree nose dive in sales."

"Yeah they'll just put Sonic characters into an FPS game and all it a night."

"If Sega was still around they would have cancelled their alliance to Sony at some point probably within the last few years and would basically be throwing all of their money into an open fire."

"NGL I am in the unpopular opinion but living in Japan and following Sony since the 90's I kind of miss Toro Inoue. The cat character Sony had as a mascot for like, 2-3 years before they took over Sonic."

"Toro was a cute character but he only has like, one game that not a whole lot of people played. Versus Sonic who was created to be a mascot character and has been around since '91. It makes sense for Japanese players to not really dig it though, Sonic didn't breach Japan's interest until '96. Because of Sega's inability to sell well there without Sony holding their hand."

"Actually it doesn't because more Japanese people have probably played Sonic than the game Toro was in. But to each their own."

"Sony were the ones who helped STI make Sonic X-Treme, the great Mario killer. That's all that needs to be said."

"Mario 64 still sold more than Sonic X-Treme in America though."

"But Sonic defeated Mario's fat ass in Japan. First Sonic game that sold over 1 million copies in the land of the rising sun, let alone outsold Mario there. Sonic also outsold that game in all the other major regions too. To say that game humiliated Nintendo would be an understatement."

"Sonic X-Treme was Sony's great revenge on Nintendo for publicly snubbing them to partner with Philips."

"It's been 10 years and still people can't get over it."

"Unrelated, well mostly unrelated, but I just want to point out how ironic it is that Sonic - who has long been seen as a symbol for rebellion against authority and was created basically to weaken Nintendo's corporate superiority in gaming, has become the symbol of a literal international corporate conglomerate."

"^ And all because Nintendo thought the Unholy Triforce just absolutely needed to happen."

- Forum Discussion, 2006

WHO WANTS SEGA TO COME BACK?
November, 2006

"With the release of this movie, am I the only one wishing SEGA would like, be released from Sony with control over all of it's rightful gaming IPs and return in full force without us ever having to suffer through that kind of bullshit again?"

"Yes, you are."

- Forum Interaction, 2006

NEXT-GEN: SONY SOLARIS
November, 2006

The wait is over. The next generation of gaming has arrived. It's here, and it's ready to blow your mind. Of the 'Big Three', Sony has become the first to release their long awaited Solaris console to the world as of it's Japanese launch on November 11 and American launch November 17. It will be dropping in Europe and the rest of PAL in March of next year. The Sony Solaris is the company's most powerful system to date, virtually on-par with the Nokia Neo G-X in terms of processing power & graphical capabilities - though Sony of course boasts that their system is actually quite better for you than their competitor's. Accompanying the Solaris is the new standard SixAxis controller, a smooth controller free of clutter and one that feels very good in your hands; though true that VMUs don't make a comeback, that's a sacrifice one is probably willing to make for a console that offers Blu-Ray playback in addition to also being a DVD & CD player. That's not to mention backwards compabitility with Neptune & Saturn titles. The only real drawback of the system is that it's rather pricey compared to it's competition - being the most expensive console on the market with it's best model being $599 (the 20GB model being $499). But, perhaps the price is worth it depending on the most important things of all - the games.

Due to how much there is to talk about, we'll be covering the games in more detail in the next few pages, but here's the general run down of all the major launch titles for the Solaris.

Sonic Adventure 3 - For many people, this will be the reason they buy their Solaris. SA3 was designed from the beginning to serve as the flagship launch title and show off only the best of what the Solaris can do. With fully 3D high-speed action, stunning modern graphics, an absolutely banging soundtrack, diverse & varied enviornments, the long awaited return of Chao Gardens and plenty of activities to do on the sidelines of your adventure, this romp in the world of the blue blur is by far the prime beef of the launch line-up! Play as Sonic, Shadow or even newcomer Silver as they each progress through this vibrant world with their own stories to tell and secrets to unfold!

Shenmue 3 - The third installment of Yu Suzuki's critically acclaimed magnum opus, Shenmue 3 continues the storyline from where it left off at the end of Part II - with Ryo in 1980's China searching for clues as to the whereabouts of the man who murdered his father. Along the wya you will be faced with a world that's as immersive as ever, right down to the smallest of details. Including the very Virtua Fighter-esque combat system and the abundance of side activities to do, not to mention very life-like NPCs! One can't deny that with cutting edge technology, Ryo's quest has never been more cinematic!

Shinobi Deluxe - A remastered version of 2002's Shinobi with it's 2003 sequel Nightshade included, this game features not only enhanced visuals but enhanced gameplay as well, with refined and smooth controls that will have you slicing and sneaking your way to the top of the ninja hierarchy in style (including some tweaks & additions to combat) - as well as plenty of added features to make you want to spend hours trying to experience everything that there is in this game!

Samba de Amigo: Grande Fiesta - The latest installment in Sony's hit hispanic-themed rthym game, Grande Fiesta is what you would expect from an updated Samba music - featuring all of the latest hits and jamming original songs for you to shake youre booty to for hours, or more accurately shake the maracca controllers like you just don't care (or do, if you want a good score). This game also has a refined multiplayer, with both online and offline matchmaking, so you can battle with friends or with people many countries away!

Super Monkey Ball: Bannana Blitz - The newest game in Sony's hit Super Monkey Ball series, Bannana Blitz learns from the mistakes made in Adventure and goes back to basics, featuring the return of the speedy timed puzzle levels you know and love this series for! Though, with the inclusion of a new jump mechanic as well as tricky boss fights for you to deal with! Enjoy many hours of arcade-y fun with these monkeys-in-balls, the kind of fun that makes you forget the corporate monstrocity that Sony has become!

Phantasy Star Universe - Quite different from Phantasy Star Online from back in the day, 'Universe' has you play as a precreated character who has a story all on his own, that being distrust of the agency he's forced to work with in the aftermath of his father's death. Besides the lengthy yet compelling RPG storyline, PSU brings to the table that special sci-fi flare that only this series could possibly give you complete with expansive areas to explore, unique & challenging enemies to gain experience from, and much much more!

Blast Factor - Developed by Bluepoint games, Sony takes a break from established franchises and introduces a new one in the form of this brand spanking new top-down shooter! Take care of germs and infections in the most fun way possible - shooting the hell out of them! Use the Sixaxis controller to slosh fluids around the area to make sure your targets get bunched up together for an easier kill! It's not as advanced or flashy as the other games on this line-up, but we definitely say at least give it a fair try!

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - One of Sony's other attempts at starting a new franchise rather than adding to an older one, Dark Kingdom is a dungeon crawler in the same vein as Diablo or Balder's Gate, and as such expect many interesting & unique monsters, daring challenges, and a very lengthy campaign of medieval proportions!

Madden & Other Sports Games - Also on Sony's Solaris launch list is the obligatory list of sports games, this of course including the current Madden NFL 07, but also various other titles from across Electronic Arts, 2K and other developers' libraries. Besides Madden NFL 07, others of this type include: NBA 2K7 & Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 as well as Sony's very own NBA 07. Indeed, we have not one but two 'NBA' titles launching on the same system!

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire - Namco (technically Namco-Sammy but we digress) brings us a brand new Gundam game with very unique storyline and very interesting gameplay with plenty of things to do! It's also highly reccommended for new playerws, because the specialized AI is neither too hard to deal with nor too easy! If you're a hardcore Gundam fan and really want to keep your collection up to date, definitely check this one out!

MotorStorm - Remember the amazing trailer that this game had when it was first revealed? Well here's the finished project, and trust us when we say it's indeed worth the purchase! A very wild off-road racer, MotorStorm makes good use of the Solaris' graphical capabilities as well as the controller; absolutely every jump and turn you make is going to feel very real with the very refined handling that will make you forget all about whatever racing game you were playing before!

Need for Speed: Carbon - Indeed, Electronic Arts has churned out yet another Need for Speed title for the next console generation; and how does Carbon stand against the rest that came before? Well, that's for you to decide! What we can tell you here for right now is that with absolutely exhilerating canyon visuals and very impressive levels of customization, Carbon will definitely give you a very solid racing experience that will double as a wonderful way to introduce you to what the Solaris is capable of!

Ridge Racer 7 - That's right, another racing game! This one also functioning as yet another Namco title! Formerly a staple of the 3DO, this entry has by far the most captivating graphics as any of it's predecessors; 1080p visuals and 60 frames per second makes for absolutely stunning sight when you're controlling a car rushing along the track.

Tony Hawk's Project 8 - From Activision comes a very bold reimagining of Tony Hawk's Pro-Skater series! Do you like Tony Hawk? Do you like skating? Then why not give this game a try while it's still the newest release of the one and only Hawk!

Call of Duty 3 - Let's be honest, we live in the era of first person-shooter games, and you can't go wrong at all with COD 3! With a wide range of competitive multiplayer modes, multi-faceted story putting you on the front lines of World War II all wrapped up in gorgeous Solaris visuals, and sensationally cinematic QTE scenes for a little extra unf in your experience this game is a must-have for any fan of shooters. Which there certainly are many of in this day and age!

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Ultimate Alliance is what happens when you combine a dungeon crawler with Marvel characters as well as Activision. Fight against the forces of Dr. Doom in 1080p graphics as you select from a roster ranging from the X-Men to Spiderman & the Fantastic Four. Certainly a must-buy for any comic nerd out there!

- EGM, 2006

"The Solaris' launch was not as spectacular as the tidal wave that was the Neptune's launch, but hey it had quality games.....and some stinkers. Really what saved this launch was the fact the Sonic fandom is crazy enough to pay $599-$600, or in some cases $660, just for one Sonic game. Though to be fair, that game was their long awaited SA3."

"Namco: Is financially struggling because they got arrogant and thought the Saturn would fail. Also Namco: doesn't even try to make the new Gundam game good. I know people like Tekken and all but me personally I won't shed any tears if/when they go bankrupt."

"I like how hard they were trying to be nice with Crossfire. Takes me back to when Nintendo Power didn't want to admit Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was a dumpster fire of a cartridge."

"Ridge Racer 7 wasn't that up to par either. Even this small blurb only talked about the graphics and not the music or gameplay. This launch was not good for them."

"What about Project 8? They didn't even try. There's nothing that can be said about that piece of crap. Shitty framerate, basically no multiplayer, it's literally one of the worst games the Solaris had at launch. It's like some of these companies wanted to sabotage the console with this crap."

"My prognosis of the Solaris Launch. Worth Buying: Sonic Adventure 3, Shenmue 3, Shinobi Deluxe, MotorStorm, Phantasy Star Universe, Call of Duty 3. Worth Renting or getting in a bundle/haul: Ultimate Alliance, Banana Blitz, Grande Fiesta. Rent Only: Dark Kingdom, Blast Factor. Get if you like sports: All of the sports games. Avoid: Project 8, Carbon, Ridge Racer 7, Crossfire."
- assorted internet postings from 2006-2007.

Since Sonic Adventure 3 exists ITTL, will there be lots of rumours and speculation about a Sonic Adventure 4?
I mean, probably
Though of course everyone already knows the series makes it all the way to 7, albeit SA7 for the [unlicensed] GBC is a huge downgrade from it's predecessors. Note this is sarcasm.

EPURJIzWoAUtxUD.jpg (I know this is a bit to early to ask) would sonic have a model similar to this in later games? (this was made by ganondork)

What happens to these following YouTubers ITTL?

BlackBusterCritic
mariotehplumber
gligar13
TheBalishChannel
I'm only familiar with BlackBusterCritic and.....I honestly don't know.
It's possible they'd still exist? Since the people B.B.C covered would still exist and likely be crazy (Chris Chan for instance was still born Pre-POD and there's nothing Sega or Sony have done that would prevent Sonichu from being created. The only difference in Chris Chan would be that his brand loyalty for Sega would shift completely over to Sony after 2001.) along with other people crazy over Sonic.

In fact in this timeline the Sonic fandom would probably be bigger meaning there'd be more people to talk about if anything.
But I'm unsure really.

I have a few Ideas for game consoles and handhelds for sony for the handheld the name could be the sony star cluster and for the home consoles the names can be the sony supernova= ps4 and hypernova= ps5

What engine does TTL’s Sonic Saturn/Sonic X-treme use?
I didn't really go into specification on that because I'm terrible at getting that level of detail to be honest.
But the idea is that the game was fully 3D so I presume they developed it around the boss engine? Whatever engine resulted in this image:
R.58c2ae623d04dbd32a74cfc00809e869

Though I kinda feel like the final model would resemble the final/OTL Saturn Sonic more.

sonic_jam__thumbs_up_by_sonic_konga-db84y77.png