The rise of the Sacred Segos. A Gaul-Hellenistic era ATL.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
The forum member @LSCatilina in another thread criticised some things regarding this ATL and then locked that thread to not allow me to reply with my thesis...
So with all the respect @LSCatilina if you have something to say or criticise my work please feel free to do so, but be ready to hear other people opinion and thesis. If not, you are just a sycophant. My stories and maps are well researched and i challenge you to prove me wrong with evidence.
You reported his post. The report was reviewed, found to be unwarranted, in no small part because he effectively took up an entire page with illustration/documentation for every single thing you stated, PLUS providing a separate bibliography with sources. You have demanded he show documents, he did. You then reported him.

Game over.

Deal with it.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I don't what is your problem, but please, please don't involve me in your delirium.
I said nothing against your work, and even less yurelf and pointed several things that I estimated you didn't know or really understood while constantly saying it didn't mean it impaired the qualiy of your TL.

Anyone with good faith can see this, and reading it. I can only think that @markus meecham is talking about without having read it, so I advise him to take a look.

As for why I asked the thread to be closed? Because it was a pool thread to ask people about which PoD I shoudl choose : I'm sorry to break it to you, but my threads and my timeline projects are not about you.

Full stop there : you don't have any respect : you insulted me, threatened me of being reported (which is something not really well seen there, as well abuse of report system). I don't trust you to give me any respect, while I did for you.

I did so there, and you were entierly free to either answer in the thread, either by PM or to ignore and agree to disagree.You choose instead to act in a puerile manner, and I'm not interested discussing with you unless you gain some manner and maturity : I've nothing to proove on this behalf, neither to you, neither to myself.

I'd like for you to realize how childish you are, really. But I'm not confident.
Stop.

Insults undermine your position.

You reported his post. The report was reviewed, found to be unwarranted, in no small part because he effectively took up an entire page with illustration/documentation for every single thing you stated, PLUS providing a separate bibliography with sources. You have demanded he show documents, he did. You then reported him.

Game over.

Deal with it.

Dear CalBear,

First of all i humbly accept the warning. I reported the post simply because i didn’t have the opportunity to reply with my own illustration/documentation. By quoting someone else instead of me in his reply and asking for the thread to be closed shortly after, i was left without any options to defend my work.
How can you say that he effectively replied to the things i stated when i didn’t have the chance to reply? By quoting someone else instead of me in his reply and asking for the thread to be closed shortly after, i was left without any options to defend my work. Last but not least, isn’t it supposed that his critic for my TL should have been post in the correct forum(My TL)?

I am sorry for the inconvenience but i spend lots of time working on my ATL’s and although i am more than happy to receive criticism but i also want to have the possibility to reply to them. I am also sorry if someone finds my language offensive, its wasn't on purpose. Nevertheless i never reach the level of insults in the last post of Lscatilina...

So since other options is not available, i would like to defend my work by responding in this thread. Is that possible or is against the forum rules?

With kind regards
Sersor

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Dear CalBear,

First of all i humbly accept the warning. I reported the post simply because i didn’t have the opportunity to reply with my own illustration/documentation. By quoting someone else instead of me in his reply and asking for the thread to be closed shortly after, i was left without any options to defend my work.
How can you say that he effectively replied to the things i stated when i didn’t have the chance to reply? By quoting someone else instead of me in his reply and asking for the thread to be closed shortly after, i was left without any options to defend my work. Last but not least, isn’t it supposed that his critic for my TL should have been post in the correct forum(My TL)?

I am sorry for the inconvenience but i spend lots of time working on my ATL’s and although i am more than happy to receive criticism but i also want to have the possibility to reply to them. I am also sorry if someone finds my language offensive, its wasn't on purpose. Nevertheless i never reach the level of insults in the last post of Lscatilina...

So since other options is not available, i would like to defend my work by responding in this thread. Is that possible or is against the forum rules?

With kind regards
Sersor
You really need to let it go.

Possibly the most important reason to do so is that NOBODY ever wins an argument on the Internet. Secondarily, it will also tend to derail this thread, which you have put considerable effort into already.

You really need to let it go.

Possibly the most important reason to do so is that NOBODY ever wins an argument on the Internet. Secondarily, it will also tend to derail this thread, which you have put considerable effort into already.

I guess you are right. If i am not allowed to defend my work and people can insult me without punishment(they actually get recommendations from mods to not undermine their position!!!) i ll just let it go. But ill let it go for good.

So farewell people it was a nice journey! Hanging around and sharing my stories in this forum was a blast! Extra thanks to everyone that voted for my ATLs in the past! The nominations and awards of my previous ATLs will always be a nice memory.

With kind regards,

Sersor

I guess you are right. If i am not allowed to defend my work and people can insult me without punishment(they actually get recommendations from mods to not undermine their position!!!) i ll just let it go. But ill let it go for good.

So farewell people it was a nice journey! Hanging around and sharing my stories in this forum was a blast! Extra thanks to everyone that voted for my ATLs in the past! The nominations and awards of my previous ATLs will always be a nice memory.

With kind regards,

Sersor

You will be missed Sersor, good luck to you

dcharles

Banned

With kind regards,

Sersor

Oh come on. This is just ego at this point. There's a lot of people who like your timeline, myself included. There's another person who doesn't. Who cares? That's just to be expected. In the immortal words of Taylor Swift "haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate." Let's all shake it off.

The moderator is not saying you can't have discussions and disagreements with other people. That's obviously a silly position. This is a discussion board. He's saying that reporting someone was unwarranted in this case, and that you should drop this one issue and move on. I take no position on that, because even if I disagreed with the moderator's decision, it wouldn't matter. There's no Court of Appeals or HR department here. I myself would like to see you move on as well, because the more time is spent on this disagreement, the less time we all have to enjoy your work.