Who should become the first president of new england?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Turtledove
Also voting is open!
So come.on folks vote!

Jackson seemingly isn't a moron but even Spain is probably more than he can chew right now. Certainly seems a bigger war than OTL though.
he isn't attacking spain immediately. He is simply waiting for the reforms to be completed and to attack when colonial dissatisfaction is highest.

any predictions now that Japan has entered the fray?
Plus with Sweden joining in it will certainly be interesting no doubt...........

Well for Sweden I feel like its run of good fortune may be ending. You have been dropping hits Russia will pull something off; and it may be Sweden will step up only to gets its teeth kicked in as part of that.

As for Japan I think it will be a draw of sorts.

The situation in Europe seems to be going as we expected, which makes me wonder if you have a twist planned.

As for North America looks like Britain is going to secure their dominion over the Northern reaches of that continent. Though that will stretch them yet again.

Jackson is showing his smarts, he is not looking for a war to fight; but one too win. My guess is his gambit will be successful setting him up to rule at least until 1851 as hinted. my guess is that he will take all of Florida but East Floroda will turen into a qurgmire thar birns through suppirt/repsect for his regime overtime. Also we might see Louisiana attack the Union to support Spain but Mexico doesn't join in as New orleans shot first; only stepping in to see a peace negotiated after the union starts to turn its greater attention west.

So America gets the large professional army much earlier, now to see how they will use it.

Well for Sweden I feel like its run of good fortune may be ending. You have been dropping hits Russia will pull something off; and it may be Sweden will step up only to gets its teeth kicked in as part of that.
sweden indeed will have an interesting time forward!
could be possible
The situation in Europe seems to be going as we expected, which makes me wonder if you have a twist planned.
Oh i do!
As for North America looks like Britain is going to secure their dominion over the Northern reaches of that continent. Though that will stretch them yet again.
Borealia acts semi-independently as an autonomous colony. News of the invasion of alaska will reach london very late
Jackson is showing his smarts, he is not looking for a war to fight; but one too win. My guess is his gambit will be successful setting him up to rule at least until 1851 as hinted. my guess is that he will take all of Florida but East Floroda will turen into a qurgmire thar birns through suppirt/repsect for his regime overtime. Also we might see Louisiana attack the Union to support Spain but Mexico doesn't join in as New orleans shot first; only stepping in to see a peace negotiated after the union starts to turn its greater attention west.
Hm, we shall see how true this prediction rings out to be!
So America gets the large professional army much earlier, now to see how they will use it.
Oh the upcoming conflict will display that in amplitide!

I think I'll go with the opposite for these, Sweden will fight Russia to a draw (I don't see them reclaiming Finland), but Japan will be the one to get its teeth, and it's skull caved in.

But I so agree with the North American matter, albeit, still sticking to my guns, he'll manage to win East Florida as well, but it'll be the quagmire of guerilla warfare after Jackson's conquest of Florida that will do him in.

I think I'll go with the opposite for these, Sweden will fight Russia to a draw (I don't see them reclaiming Finland), but Japan will be the one to get its teeth, and it's skull caved in.
possible this one too admittedly
But I so agree with the North American matter, albeit, still sticking to my guns, he'll manage to win East Florida as well, but it'll be the quagmire of guerilla warfare after Jackson's conquest of Florida that will do him in.
Jackson's future is an interesting one indeed.....

hmm but there is that book title Vassaland hmm

My current guess for Jackson's fate is that he will have a stroke or something during the Mexican War and his VP will have to step up. But Jackson's condition will trigger the Ameican People's Movement, with Jackson ultimately manages to shoot himself rather than let himself be taken by the forces storming the White House.

My current guess for Jackson's fate is that he will have a stroke or something during the Mexican War and his VP will have to step up. But Jackson's condition will trigger the Ameican People's Movement, with Jackson ultimately manages to shoot himself rather than let himself be taken by the forces storming the White House.
Jackson commiting suicide when it all falls down?
Nah, he's too vain for that.

This seems a little asb why would the Ottomans do that? Also how Modernized is Japan at this point in time?
you must remember that pre-1860 Ottoman Empire was very pro-Armenian. The Balyan Armenian Oligarchic Family basically owned the anatolian half of the OE as landlords, and Armenians made up around 10% of the courtesans' of the empire, and the Young Ottomans and early Ottoman democratic thought was furthered by the Armenians. Otl, in the 1828 war, Mahmud II opened a proposal to create an independent armenian state in russian armenia under Ottoman suzerainty, which was supported by basically everyone in the court. Unfortunately, the ottomans lost the otl 1828 war. So, its not actually farfetched at all.