Who should become the first president of new england?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
strawpoll #2
so i am starting to write a vignette for this tl. On what topic do you think the first vignette should be about?
Your choices are:

1. A normal guy in the Mexican Empire living in the 'Wild North'.
2. An American settler in the Prairie Territories
3. A New English trooper in Patagonia.
4. A Chinese guy under the New Tian Dynasty
5. An Indigenous Taiwanese in British Taiwan
6. A colonial citizen in British Borealia
7. A normal citizen under the successful restorationist Bourbon dynasty in France
8. A Louisianan Cajun under the House of Orleans

So people what are you waiting for? Vote!

I mean regardless of what happened in China, the Brits still profit, Qing or no Qing.
However two groups found the proposed law absolutely dreadful. The Hungarian Magnates and the Venetian Oligarchs found the proposed bill absolutely dreadful,
This bit is a bit awkward, it's basically saying the same thing twice.

That would be a spoiler.......
A certain event in the future causes an immigration scheme. All the immigrants not being able to go to America need to be replaced by some method!
They can go to Mexico South Africa Canada Patagonia and the Anzacs. Seems weird for the Brits to send Euro's to Taiwan when they can get cheap labor from neighboring countries like Japan China and the Philippines

Last edited:
What else did they take Taiwan for the resources and it's position. And the labor needed to exploit them. Why else would the Coolie system have been so popular?

Like I said their are many settler colonies and Immigrant nations they can got too.
Again immigrations don't always happen for cheap labor. Skilled manpower such as merchants, businessmen, entrepreneurs, administrators, lawmakers, policy jurisdictions, economists, agricultural experts, marine builders, naval experts, technological firms also beget immigration. Before independence virtually all colonies had sizeable European minorities before most of them immigrated back during the independence era.

Again immigrations don't always happen for cheap labor. Skilled manpower such as merchants, businessmen, entrepreneurs, administrators, lawmakers, policy jurisdictions, economists, agricultural experts, marine builders, naval experts, technological firms also beget immigration. Before independence virtually all colonies had sizeable European minorities before most of them immigrated back during the independence era.
Fair point. But to my knowledge the ones in Asia were very small and never made a significant portion of the population. They were just a small group of people numbering in the thousands to my knowledge. Where talking South Africa levels here in Taiwan though. How can a small group of skilled workers become 9 percent of the population?

Fair point. But to my knowledge the ones in Asia were very small and never made a significant portion of the population. They were just a small group of people numbering in the thousands to my knowledge. Where talking South Africa levels here in Taiwan though. How can a small group of skilled workers become 9 percent of the population?
The answer for that would lie in the series of events that will take place in the future between China and the UK. Spoilers not allowed for now on that front! Let's just say an event prompts Han Chinese emigration on some level back to China in Taiwan.

The Afghans have been defeated! The Austrians have fallen into instability and Felix wants reform! The Mapuche embarrass the New English and the New English desperately hold onto land in Patagonia and a new era has started in China under the Tian Dynasty. Thoughts? Predictions?
- The Afghans have been defeated: And so Afghanistan as the Graveyard of Empires is no longer...that's it really...

- Habsburg Cell: Ultimatum: I'm kinda curious as to what Felix is threatening the various imperial magnates with, ngl.

- The Great Game of the Southern Cone: So the New English has been beaten back for now, but the game still continues, as Argentina and New England will still be eying the region. Feeling bad for the Mapuche, truth be told, because they lose no matter what happens.

so i am starting to write a vignette for this tl. On what topic do you think the first vignette should be about?
Your choices are:

1. A normal guy in the Mexican Empire living in the 'Wild North'.
2. An American settler in the Prairie Territories
3. A New English trooper in Patagonia.
4. A Chinese guy under the New Tian Dynasty
5. An Indigenous Taiwanese in British Taiwan
6. A colonial citizen in British Borealia
7. A normal citizen under the successful restorationist Bourbon dynasty in France
8. A Louisianan Cajun under the House of Orleans

So people what are you waiting for? Vote!
I let Wheel Decide pick for me. :p