Who should become the first president of new england?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aren’t they already pretty much part of the British informal empire and somewhat a client state ? Speaking of demographics I probably missed it did the majority of the five civilized tribe made it to Mishigama ? And would we see tome Irish migration to the kingdom of Louisiana
Mishigama has around 95,000 pop. Around 95% are native Americans.

, this timeline is becoming Decades of Darkness Lite with the United States being quite weak and even more balkanized with Louisiana, New England, Canada and Mishigama at it's door.
Not exactly. I don't do dystopias. While America will have its fair share od problems, they will be a successful country down in the long run.

As expected, Mexico is able to easily squash said rebellion via diplomatic and military means. Interesting enough, the offer of representation would have only been done because Mexico was a monarchy. A democratic representative government would’ve been loath to surrender a portion of their powers. That and for a constitutional monarchy, I suspect the monarch has a lot of informal power.
He does. Like all 1800s constitutional monarchies the monarch still has a lot of informal influence he can use

Rivercat893

Banned
Not exactly. I don't do dystopias. While America will have its fair share od problems, they will be a successful country down in the long run.
I mean it in the sense that America isn't doing too well. Also, I did remind you about New England apparently getting involved in TTL's Civil War.

The Louisiana -American negotiations were a bit premature and did not take into account all parties who had a vested interest in the matter. Both the British and French should of been there. The British to protect their interests. The French to provide Louisiana with moral and legal protection. It was normal in these cases fir other countries that were impacted by negotiations to be part of the negotiations. Louisiana did not have its back against the wall it actually held most of the cards. It could of received much greater compensation fir its Northern Territory. The British would of demanded access to the Mississippi and could of provided both financial and commercial payments.
Not exactly. Geopolitics are more complicated. One of the major reasons France acted as it did was to create a French sphere of influence in the region and bringing gbr in will not be productive to that. Also France has to hurry a bit because the eastern crisis or Greece was starting to get hot.

Well Louisiaba did better than I expected. thyfh i wonder if they ended up with too much and will not be able to hold it oce time and events miove Frnce's priorities elesewhere. The USA I expect will defitely claim it wa France that beat them rather than Louisiana and the Comanche.

Speaking of which it will be interesting how New Orleans approaches immigration and First Nation rights post independence.

I still feel the USA will win the war in the North.

GB has plenty of irons in the fire elsewhere, and will likely see New England as having got itself in this and the are not obligated to assist unless the Americans invade New England. From the earlier Brock scene I think Brock's biggest contribution in NA this time will be inspiring his friends in Mishigama that they need to be proactive in preserving their culture and identity going forward, and you;'ll see a split between a nationalist new way movement and traditionalists in Mishigama politics.

I think the Federal collapse will be coming inspite of the New England intervention. Considering the Yankees were not very popular with the federals in the first place them entering as allies may even lead some to give up seeing the cause as already lost. By contrast the USA forces have been getting morale boosting success like retaking their capital and the March to Sandusky; and their loss in the South now motivates them to save the country from further humiliation.

So my prediction is the New England expredition will encounter a major defeat in Pennsylvania which along with other events will lead to the Federal states collapsing. But the USa will be thearted insecuring total victory by two things, slave revolts in the South leading to a demand to bring the troops home; and GB being persuaded to support NE is the creation of a buffer state.

So we get either Republic of New York, or a rump Federal States made perhaps of New York, Rump Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

The peace satisfies no one. The Federals fell far short and resent being reduced to a minor state. New England sees a backlash over a costly intervention which failed to create a powerful ally and new suspcion toard Britain for lack of innvolvement. The USA sees both victories and msjor defeats having reclsi,ed most federal territory and crushed the slave revolts, but losing most of the purchase and failing to fully crush the Northern Rebellion; it becomes a blame game of populist politics and conspiracy theories further eroding democracy in the country.

map #2

123.png

This is basically the map of the Principality of Attica.
the ionian islands are british territory during this time thus the pink color

Southerner: We were stabbed in the back, by French Catholics, supported by the Vatican!

Yeah, French will not be a popular language in the States.

French isn't the only one...hell, I'd think they'd probably insist on legislastion to make English their official and sole language, given the near-permanent siege mentality.

French isn't the only one...hell, I'd think they'd probably insist on legislastion to make English their official and sole language, given the near-permanent siege mentality.
So perhaps something akin to the policies of the French Third Republic of otl then?

I wonder how regional dialect would develop in this alt-USA.

Though the US still has cotton to help its economy. I believe Egypt had a market crash in the mid 19th Century. The US in otl after the Civil War took advantage of it to flood the market with its cotton.

So the US in ttl could do something similar. As for the US’ possible routes of expansion, it could likely try to ally with one of the UK’s enemies. If say Germany is rising under Prussia or even Austria and it starts another continental war, Britain would devote less focus to the American theater.

Similarly it could also take advantage of rebellions in the UK’s colonies such as the Sepoy Revolt in India.

You could even see France and the UK come to blows over Egypt triggering a war with Charles X or even his successors allying with Tsar Nicholas I in a war against the Ottomans.

Yes, and if I were to guess, General American will largely be more influenced by the Southern dialect of OTL's American English.
The Southern American accent might just be the general American accent. For one, Southern states make up the majority of both the states and population. Two, they were not the states who just attempted a rebellion. So it's certainly going to be the prestige dialect. OTL a large portion of the early settlers in Ohio were from New England. And more generally, the Midwest was generally settled by Northerners. I would guess ITTL's Midwest will be more predominately populated by southerners, likely becoming slave states as well. That would leave all but the 3 Mid-Atlantic states as Southern.

I would guess ITTL's American culture is generally conflated with OTL's Southern culture.

Horseshoe

Banned
Louisiana is only safe as long as the bourbon dynasty remains in the throne of France, if a Bonaparte restoration or a republic takes power in France they could lose the support of the French government giving the USA a chance to reconquer louisiana without fear of France and it's military

Louisiana is only safe as long as the bourbon dynasty remains in the throne of France, if a Bonaparte restoration or a republic takes power in France they could lose the support of the French government giving the USA a chance to reconquer louisiana without fear of France and it's military
I'm fairly certain that if French support dried up for Louisiana then Britain would be more than happy to step in.

I'm pretty sure a Second Empire might also be supportive of Louisiana. Heck you could see Louis-Philippe offer a marriage alliance to the Bonapartes via his daughter. This would help to shore up some of the Bonapartes' own hold on power while also re-establishing links to continental France.

I'm fairly certain that if French support dried up for Louisiana then Britain would be more than happy to step in.
Though I'm not sure how happy Louisiana would be about this prospect. You could see Mexico then counter and support the US in some sort of Proxy War against Britain.