The Reign of Edward V

POD: Richard, Duke of Gloucester is enroute to Nottingham to meet the recently-proclaimed Edward V and his companions in late April 1483 when his horse unseats him due to a freak lightning bolt. His skull is cracked, and he dies a day later.

What happens in the aftermath of OTL Richard III's death, with Edward V still alive?

POD: Richard, Duke of Gloucester is enroute to Nottingham to meet the recently-proclaimed Edward V and his companions in late April 1483 when his horse unseats him due to a freak lightning bolt. His skull is cracked, and he dies a day later.

What happens in the aftermath of OTL Richard III's death, with Edward V still alive?

Edward Plantagenet 17th Earl of Warwick becomes the leading claimant but being only 8 yo i dont think he is a threat to Edward V...

Edward will need a Lord Protector, though I don't know who.

Henry Tudor may still attack with a weak child-king, or he may request that the Wars of the Roses end with a marriage with one of Edward's sisters.

The Wars of the Roses could continue, or end with Henry's death.

Edward V

I see a strong Woodville influence in the government. I don't see an anti-Woodville faction of nobles actually able to achieve that much. Henry Tudor is really a long shot at this point.

If Earl of Warwick becomes the leading claimant he doesnt pose a big threat to Edward V since he was 8 yo at the time... But if he becomes a puppet in someone else's hands then things are starting perplexing again... Henry Tudor had a vague claim at the time and i believe that nobody would have taken him seriously... (except maybe for France... If they wanted to ensure that chaos will continue in England and weaken them)