The Rebel Flag | A Modern Confederate Timeline

Introduction
  • TRFTITLE.png

What a cruel thing war is... to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors. - Robert E. Lee

It's been a while, but I have been busy working on life and other projects... this is one such project I have been working since March.

So, what is this timeline?
    In short, The Rebel Flag is a look into a world where the Confederate States won the American Civil War pretty early on and managing to survive to 2022.
    The focus is going to be purely on the USA and CSA, with small mentions of the world outside of the two nations, I like seeing people theorize and think about what the read it's one of my favorite things to scroll through here.

Some things that you should be aware:
    - There are influences from the ongoing Russo-Ukrainian War, and the majority of the influences are mainly aesthetics like maps, I'm not here to cause drama or pick a side in that war but I did get influenced by it while working on this.
    - I already have graphics made, almost twenty, so the first few are already pre-made and I have posted them in a few servers and private chats with friends.
    - I'm not here to glorify the CSA or USA, I know some Confederate Victory Timelines circle-jerks one or the other and I want to avoid that. Now, there are going to be biased graphics but that's just the nation of two nations hating each other for basically a century

With those out of the way, I welcome you to my timeline!
    Happy Reading!

- Yeet

Political Parties - The CSA
  • CSAPP.png

The Confederate States of America has long since transitioned from a "American Like" Electoral System in favor of being a blend of some of its allies like Britain.

Political Parties - The USA
  • USAPP.png

The United States of America has had parties that came and went, the majority of its existence up to the Civil War has had at least two large political entities, after the breakaway of the southern states and the formation of the Confederacy the system drastically changed as major parties lost their support. In 2022, there are three major parties.

Presidents of the CSA - Part 1
  • CSAPRES1.png

* Douglas Wilder is one of, if not the most, controversial of our Presidents. During the Constitutionalist domination of the 90s and early 2000s the election of 1999 was thought to be an easier task than it really was, Clinton was a very popular man at the time and finding a worthy successor was difficult as the guy Clinton backed was Wilder. Wilder was the last person anyone would've chosen, racially and politically he was not seen favorably but Clinton was adamant about it famously saying; "It will change us for the better." The Constitutionalists had to pull every trick, give every favor, and practically bend over backwards for even the slimmest chance to get Douglas Wilder elected to office, though while they did succeed in a narrow victory historians site this as the end of their dominance in Confederate politics.

Presidents of the CSA - Part 2
  • CSAPRES2.png

* The death of Strom Thurmond is seen as the tipping point for Confederate politics. Despite his death happening as he was about to leave office, the effects it had on the political scene boosted the popularity of the militant, and sometimes seen as semi-fascistic, Dixie Dignity Party. The Dixie Party was quick to point at the African American community as the blame for his death, as well as saying that the Confederacy lost its way. They are responsible for having a racial separation till 1988, the crackdown on Cuban nationalism, involvement in Belgian Congo, and the funding of local state and town militias. Its's theorized that if Thurmond lived on that the party would remain a rather small force throughout the 50s and 60s or even have died off, some 'Alternative History' Media outlets posited that if Thurmond survived Segregation could've ended earlier than '88!

IRL Update: October 2022
  • It's been a little over a month, and I thought I would give an update on things.

For starters, no the Timeline isn't dead it's just on a hiatus. That being said I have been super burnt out on Alternate History stuff, creating and overall reading, I haven't made a map in a month and I've been working on other non AH related projects too.
    Now, my 'new' job takes up most of my time, Monday to Friday and 8-9 Hours a day of physical stuff makes it hard to really do anything other than relax and nap when I get home, leaving me with about 2 free days. Originally I wanted to make updates during those periods but its been proving hard since the before-mentioned burnout.

Sadly this means updates will come whenever rather than planned out ahead of time, even more so than before.

This is how things are so far, I can't really delve more into stuff, but I felt like I have neglected this thread and I don't want people to think I abandoned it.

Sorry for the slowness and have a Happy Halloween!

- Jane

485cd4d0b90736ea8ab9e22a1df23686.jpg

Last edited: