The Queen is Dead!: Katherine of Aragon dies in 1518

Oh fuck.

Anne had better recover for you write her so well.

Even though I know it's not gonna happen.

Edit: The evil part of me would have Anne's step niece be very concerned about "Mama's sister" and keep a eye her during her recovery and be charmed, taking her as an unofficial role model like many girls look up to older, more sophisticated women.

Last edited:
Oh no! Anne! *frets* Hopefully the royal physicians are able to save her! *crosses fingers*

Of course, the moment someone says "poison", Henry is going to be utterly furious. Someone *glares at Buckingham* just tried to murder his queen and unborn child, and it was bad luck alone on the conspirators' side that their tool for murder came to his sister-in-law instead. And nothing sets Henry off better than threats. Oh yeah, Heads are going to Roll just as soon as he finds the culprit. And odds are, young Henry Percy will be in full support of the King's quest for justice.

Great update! Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

Oh fuck.

Anne had better recover for you write her so well.

Even though I know it's not gonna happen.

Edit: The evil part of me would have Anne's step niece be very concerned about "Mama's sister" and keep a eye her during her recovery and be charmed, taking her as an unofficial role model like many girls look up to older, more sophisticated women.

Oh, Maria is already looking up to Anne by now, you may be sure of that! Also, I may or may not be bringing one of Henry's other OTL wives in as a companion to his little girl ITTL ;)

Oh no! Anne! *frets* Hopefully the royal physicians are able to save her! *crosses fingers*

Of course, the moment someone says "poison", Henry is going to be utterly furious. Someone *glares at Buckingham* just tried to murder his queen and unborn child, and it was bad luck alone on the conspirators' side that their tool for murder came to his sister-in-law instead. And nothing sets Henry off better than threats. Oh yeah, Heads are going to Roll just as soon as he finds the culprit. And odds are, young Henry Percy will be in full support of the King's quest for justice.

Great update! Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

Harry? Oh, yeah! As is George Boleyn!

Initially I thought I would be commenting on how sweet young love is. And wonder whether Henry Percy now had a good chance to be a happy, productive, and reproductive future Earl of Northumberland. Let alone a happy, not so grasping Anne Boleyn.

Nope.

Oh, Maria is already looking up to Anne by now, you may be sure of that! Also, I may or may not be bringing one of Henry's other OTL wives in as a companion to his little girl ITTL ;)

Guess: Katherine Parr (more likely imho) or Jane Seymour

Initially I thought I would be commenting on how sweet young love is. And wonder whether Henry Percy now had a good chance to be a happy, productive, and reproductive future Earl of Northumberland. Let alone a happy, not so grasping Anne Boleyn.

Nope.

That's good writing, leading us down one path and then twisting it at the end in way that, looking back, was set up.

FalconHonour, I wouldn't be surprised if you are a novelist 'slumming'. If not, you could be.

Guess: Katherine Parr (more likely imho) or Jane Seymour

That's good writing, leading us down one path and then twisting it at the end in way that, looking back, was set up.

FalconHonour, I wouldn't be surprised if you are a novelist 'slumming'. If not, you could be.

That's very kind, but no. I'm no novelist, although I always wanted to be as a little girl. Although, you are right about Kate Parr. :)

Henry is going to go mad, head rolling, invading countries type mad.

Whoever gets him to focus on their enemies can just sit back.

Oh...boy...

The fit is going to hit the shan...ain't it?

My plans actually have Henry staying remarkably restrained (at least this time around...). If only because Marie is pregnant and he doesn't want to risk the child by possibly upsetting her anymore than she already has been...

My plans actually have Henry staying remarkably restrained (at least this time around...). If only because Marie is pregnant and he doesn't want to risk the child by possibly upsetting her anymore than she already has been...

That is remarkably. . . .mature for Henry.

Oh don't worry, he's still himself in a lot of ways. Just a little bit more aware of the importance of keeping that baby in Marie's belly right now.

And then, of course, there's always George, who is nothing if not his sisters' staunch defender. Particularly Anne's.

Of course, the moment someone says "poison", Henry is going to be utterly furious. Someone *glares at Buckingham* just tried to murder his queen and unborn child, and it was bad luck alone on the conspirators' side that their tool for murder came to his sister-in-law instead. And nothing sets Henry off better than threats. Oh yeah, Heads are going to Roll just as soon as he finds the culprit. And odds are, young Henry Percy will be in full support of the King's quest for justice

Also, this cracked me up, particularly the *glares at Buckingham* part...

As for Henry being more mature... Well, he's been more successful in France this time around, so he's not suffering under *quite* the same inferiority complex with regards to Arthur's memory as OTL...

As for Henry being more mature... Well, he's been more successful in France this time around, so he's not suffering under *quite* the same inferiority complex with regards to Arthur's memory as OTL...
More to the point, he's drawing equal with his father, who won the crown of England in battle. This will have a strong effect on Henry's character...

Drat. I hadn't thought of that. What effect do you think it might have on him?
He's proven himself on every possible field. King and warrior. He was also a scholar and musician. OTL Henry tried to recreate the grandeur of Burgundy before the fall. Maybe he does an even better job of it this time?

More to the point, he's drawing equal with his father, who won the crown of England in battle. This will have a strong effect on Henry's character...

He also hasn't gotten in any jousting accidents or got Syphilis or had the stress of a really bad divorce or any of the other things theorised to have effected his character in his later otl reign.