The Queen is Dead!: Katherine of Aragon dies in 1518

Just once, I'd like to see Mistress Boleyn contract a marriage while at the French court (say she bewitches some or other French/Navarrese noble) and she stays in the country where she's happiest (but I could just be channeling Mary, queen of Scots more than Anne).

Your shoes then.

Catherine was awesome enough to deserve a princess named after her.

Having already written the next decade or so, I can safely state that the children as of 1531 are as follows: Lionel, Margaret, Roger, Philippa, Richard, Catelyn, Henry, Grace, Edmund, Matilda, Jacquetta, Tobias, and James. I make no hints as to their birth order (or their parents)

Last edited:
It's nice to hear some of the older lancastrian names coming back, Philippa, Matilda, Lionel and of course, my favorite, Baguette.
Tobias is a rare name for TL's. And Yay for Richard making a comeback!

But why no Catherine?

It's nice to hear some of the older lancastrian names coming back, Philippa, Matilda, Lionel and of course, my favorite, Baguette.
Tobias is a rare name for TL's. And Yay for Richard making a comeback!

But why no Catherine?

Ah. Will it make you feel better if I tell you Catelyn is a nickname...

*sets loose plotbunnies on you*

Not, but honestly seeing what Henry will do now and what offers a mostly young widowed king shall get from the other kingdoms of Europe is interesting. Henry has a too grand sense of self to be single for long.

*sets loose plotbunnies on you*

Not, but honestly seeing what Henry will do now and what offers a mostly young widowed king shall get from the other kingdoms of Europe is interesting. Henry has a too grand sense of self to be single for long.

Indeed he is. Or to do what his minions are trying to order him to do.

Thank you for the plot bunnies...

I just checked my old family tree for this story and realised that I had picked different betrothals than I thought I had... Interesting reminder...