The Queen is Dead!: Katherine of Aragon dies in 1518

Of course it's France. Where else would Anne flee to, especially given she's pregnant and sees Marguerite as her surrogate mother?

And yes, @isabella, of course this is mostly Henry's fault, but no one is exactly going to tell him that, are they?

Slightly suprised King Henry did not insisit the baby be born in Northumberland, or at least the Father did!

Slightly suprised King Henry did not insisit the baby be born in Northumberland, or at least the Father did!
He’s too moody to say it and thinks that everyone will abide by what he wants without telling them lol
Wrath of Henry will be tenfold if King Francis gets involved with the child’s upbringing.

He’s too moody to say it and thinks that everyone will abide by what he wants without telling them lol
Wrath of Henry will be tenfold if King Francis gets involved with the child’s upbringing.

I suspect they will be back before the child is old enough for them to be worried about its upbringing.

@Ogrebear @Jonathan: remember who Lord Northumberland is no happy at all about his son’s marriage? Going in the country at home is not a good option for the young Lord and Lady Percy as neither father will take them happily or will shield them from King Henry’s fury... sure Henry will likely stop to be angry with them very soon but right now Anne and Hal are scared and they know only who they are in trouble not how big this trouble is...

@Ogrebear @Jonathan: remember who Lord Northumberland is no happy at all about his son’s marriage? Going in the country at home is not a good option for the young Lord and Lady Percy as neither father will take them happily or will shield them from King Henry’s fury... sure Henry will likely stop to be angry with them very soon but right now Anne and Hal are scared and they know only who they are in trouble not how big this trouble is...
Exactly. Neither father would stand against Henry, and Anne wouldn't want to put Marie in anymore of a difficult situation about torn loyalties anyway. Francis and Marguerite, on the other hand, well, they'll only be too delighted to shelter their Annabelle.

This chapter was a great deal more pleasant than the prior ones... Though I hope Anne and Harry can return to court soon(Once Henry's temper cools of course) and that the two can regain his trust. As for the events at the nursery; I am of course saddened as Bessie was ruthless enough to kill another mother's child, though perhaps little William would've died anyways. I did enjoy the fact that Princess Mary attacked Bessie however; A mixture of Trastamara and Tudor blood lends itself to such levels of ferocity. While Bessie certainlt deserves to die, a shudder to think of how she will be executed.. Even if she does get the relative mercy of the axe perhaps the executioner will suddenly suffer from a case of drunkinness that will botch the execution and make Bessie suffer more. As for Henry's rape of Lady Honour: Well I hope that it soon ends and that she may recover and find herself a suitable match or failing that perhaps a spot in a nunnery that may lead to her becoming an Abess.

This chapter was a great deal more pleasant than the prior ones... Though I hope Anne and Harry can return to court soon(Once Henry's temper cools of course) and that the two can regain his trust. As for the events at the nursery; I am of course saddened as Bessie was ruthless enough to kill another mother's child, though perhaps little William would've died anyways. I did enjoy the fact that Princess Mary attacked Bessie however; A mixture of Trastamara and Tudor blood lends itself to such levels of ferocity. While Bessie certainlt deserves to die, a shudder to think of how she will be executed.. Even if she does get the relative mercy of the axe perhaps the executioner will suddenly suffer from a case of drunkinness that will botch the execution and make Bessie suffer more. As for Henry's rape of Lady Honour: Well I hope that it soon ends and that she may recover and find herself a suitable match or failing that perhaps a spot in a nunnery that may lead to her becoming an Abess.

I've already done the drunken execution for Buckingham ITTL, so Bessie's not having that... I'll say no more for fear of spoilers...

Section CXXI - December 1522
As I managed to sort out two new sections of this yesterday, have an early chapter... This is the last chapter of 1522, we move into 1523 in the next one :)

Bridewell, December 1522
“So, Henry walks out on her at dinner, refuses to consult her about Lionel’s betrothal, spends all his time with the Irish chit and banishes her sister from Court. Does this mean Marie Boleyn’s hold on the King is slipping at last?” The Duchess of Suffolk mused, as she played with her husband’s hair.

He shrugged, “Possibly. But you know what Henry’s like. The slightest thing could still drive him back into her arms. And I must say, she’s behaving well. Taking his philandering with dignity. Not letting him appear to get to her in public. In some ways, she reminds me of Katherine, and I never thought I’d say that.”

“No. But then, I never thought I’d say the way my brother treated her was despicable, but it is. She deserves better than to be shunted aside at the first hurdle they come across.”

“You’ve changed your tune,” Charles remarked, raising an eyebrow, “Two and a half years ago, you were throwing everything you could lay your hands on at me for helping him marry the girl. You swore you’d never respect her as your Queen.”

“Yes, well, she’s done her duty, hasn’t she? Twice over, in fact. It’s not her fault little William died. Has Henry even been told that the boy was smothered by that old harlot of his? Besides, I respect her for having reunited little Maria with her father. Not every woman would love another woman’s child as much as she clearly does Maria.”

“So what are you going to do?”

“I’m going to support her. I’m not going to openly intercede unless she asks me, but I will show her we’re still friends like we used to be. She’ll take me up on it. She has to; she needs all the support she can get at the moment.”

“You’re not going to give your brother a piece of your mind just yet then?”

“With his unpredictability? I should think not! I’d find myself in the Tower next to Bessie Blount! No, Charles, this requires careful handling. Careful handling and Marie’s full and knowing support.”

Mary sighed, then gave a slight tug on her husband’s hair as she rose, “Come to bed. I want to enjoy the fact that you at least know how to pretend fidelity whilst I’m here at Court.”

She strode into their bedroom and Charles, smiling wryly at her perception, followed suit.

For anyone who's interested, the current chapter count stands at 153 and takes us through to the May of 1524, though chapter numbers are subject to change, as I often tweak the order/merge/separate sections before posting...

Nice moves there Dutchess- get back into the Queen’s good books.

Has Henry not stopped and processed how his boy died yet? Or is he still lost in grief?

Hopefully we get more Henry chapters soon.

I like it when you go dark!

:( Oh golly. Well may I suggest looking at my latest AO3 story, 'Albion in Flames', if you really want to see how dark I can go? It's only in the early stages, but I can't see a civil war being light in any sense of the word!

If you are interested, I will send you a link tomorrow, when I am not on my phone...

:( Oh golly. Well may I suggest looking at my latest AO3 story, 'Albion in Flames', if you really want to see how dark I can go? It's only in the early stages, but I can't see a civil war being light in any sense of the word!

If you are interested, I will send you a link tomorrow, when I am not on my phone...
Yes, please.