The Quarter-BAM project

I finished the 44 BCE quarter Bam:
QuarterBam.BCE 44.png

1634000604991.png

So comparing the QBam subdivisions of China (red, resized to be the correct size), they are incredibly off with the Quarter Bam subdivisions (blue). How did this even happen?

View attachment 700280

Fix some of the borders in Africa as well as add some nations there.
  1. The Spanish never owned the coast of Cameroon, they just claimed it. They barely owned Bioko island.
  2. France didn't own any of Gabon til 1885.
  3. Those Portuguese colonies are extremely exaggerated. Portugal barely owned the coast of those areas and didn't penetrate anywhere that far til the scramble.
  4. Where did you even get those Sokoto borders?
  5. Ethiopia isnt united

Last edited:
  1. The Spanish never owned the coast of Cameroon, they just claimed it. They barely owned Bioko island.
  2. France didn't own any of Gabon til 1885.
  3. Those Portuguese colonies are extremely exaggerated. Portugal barely owned the coast of those areas and didn't penetrate anywhere that far til the scramble.
  4. Where did you even get those Sokoto borders?
  5. Ethiopia isnt united
This map is where I got the reference from, I'm not sure if it's accurate or not.

Last edited:
So I picked this up after several months, and aside from the lakes, literally, every island on quaterbam is bloated as contrary to qbam which is 2x bigger. It's gotten to the point that I'm redoing the entire coastline of the map. I'm wondering if it's worth keeping it in this thread or starting a new thread for 2.0 in a similar fashion to worlda? As none of the current progress everyone who's contributed to this map will conveniently transfer over.

Preview:
4f1a170d58965af651b33db12fe99756.png

So I picked this up after several months, and aside from the lakes, literally, every island on quaterbam is bloated as contrary to qbam which is 2x bigger. It's gotten to the point that I'm redoing the entire coastline of the map. I'm wondering if it's worth keeping it in this thread or starting a new thread for 2.0 in a similar fashion to worlda? As none of the current progress everyone who's contributed to this map will conveniently transfer over.

Preview:
4f1a170d58965af651b33db12fe99756.png
Islands were deliberately enlarged so that they would have fillable pixels. This is not a style choice I personally agree with, and you are welcome to continue your project, but be aware that it was not a mistake.
If you are going to retrace all of the coastlines anyway, I urge you to base your new coasts off one of the "corrected" qbam projects which have sprung up recently; R-QBAM or its predecessor (long dormant but nearer complete and being revived) the "bathymetric" Q-BAM, or Robinson Q-BAM-sized 8K-BAM.

Islands were deliberately enlarged so that they would have fillable pixels. This is not a style choice I personally agree with, and you are welcome to continue your project, but be aware that it was not a mistake.
If you are going to retrace all of the coastlines anyway, I urge you to base your new coasts off one of the "corrected" qbam projects which have sprung up recently; R-QBAM or its predecessor (long dormant but nearer complete and being revived) the "bathymetric" Q-BAM, or Robinson Q-BAM-sized 8K-BAM.
I was unaware that they were a stylistic choice, I'd figured they were in the same vein as the lakes and just exaggerated in size to show them.

I'll see what I can do with the corrected projection.