The Quarter-BAM project

Yo @Unkown00, how the Kaiserreich map coming along?
Good I guess, I'm still working on it.
Kaisreich quarter bam (1936) (1).png

Here is what I got.

Would it be okay if we made exceptions for the World Wars? I'm planning on doing a map for August 31, 1939.
Yes, but they must be labeled as such (for consistency, "1939 (August 39)" in the repository thread "quarterbam1939aug31" in the file name, to take your example).
Actually, now that I bring it up, let's standardize filenames.
Year BC: "quarterbam44bc" ("quarterbamYYYYbc")
Year AD: "quarterbam814", "quarterbam2021" ("quarterbamYYYY")
Year AD (date other than Jan 1): "quarterbam1939aug31" ("quarterbamYYYYmmmDD")
Other: "quarterbamblank" (blank, no borders), "quarterbamrivers" (rivers, no borders), "quarterbamtopo" (topography, bathymetry), "quarterbamclimate" (Koppen climate), "quarterbam2021nosubs" (no subdivisions), "quarterbam2021native" (native reservations over county borders), "quarterbam2021nonative" (no native reservations)

qazse

Gone Fishin'
Yes, but they must be labeled as such (for consistency, "1939 (August 39)" in the repository thread "quarterbam1939aug31" in the file name, to take your example).
Other: "quarterbamblank" (blank, no borders), "quarterbamrivers" (rivers, no borders), "quarterbamtopo" (topography, bathymetry), "quarterbamclimate" (Koppen climate), "quarterbam2021nosubs" (no subdivisions), "quarterbam2021native" (native reservations over county borders), "quarterbam2021nonative" (no native reservations)
I shall go ahead and do that now.

qazse

Gone Fishin'
And what do we do for maps of alternate timelines, such as the Kaiserreich map being worked on by @Unkown00?

This looks mostly good, but I do have a quibble - I think it would makemore sense to use "quarterbamYYYY-MM-DD" instead of "quarterbamYYYYmmmDD" (e.g. "quarterbam1939-08-31"). This would mean that, when we sort all the quarterbam maps alphabetically, they would stay in chronological order. This also means "quarterbam814" changes to "quarterbam0814". I'm not sure what to do with BC; any suggestions?
No problems here, but it does remind me-- have we done the rivers, topo, or climate maps? If not, I can help with some of the rivers.

Do we have patches yet for artificial water bodies?

This looks mostly good, but I do have a quibble - I think it would makemore sense to use "quarterbamYYYY-MM-DD" instead of "quarterbamYYYYmmmDD" (e.g. "quarterbam1939-08-31"). This would mean that, when we sort all the quarterbam maps alphabetically, they would stay in chronological order. This also means "quarterbam814" changes to "quarterbam0814". I'm not sure what to do with BC; any suggestions?
How about "quaterbamBC0813-XX-YY"?

Hmm... maybe. This does sort it, which is good. The only problem I see is that the BC dates come afterward, but thinking more that might actually be a solution. BC is probably used a lot less, so having them comes last makes some sense.
Part of my rationale was that it will keep the maps separated alphabetically from the AD maps.

This looks mostly good, but I do have a quibble - I think it would makemore sense to use "quarterbamYYYY-MM-DD" instead of "quarterbamYYYYmmmDD" (e.g. "quarterbam1939-08-31"). This would mean that, when we sort all the quarterbam maps alphabetically, they would stay in chronological order.
This I can support.
This also means "quarterbam814" changes to "quarterbam0814".
This would be unnecessary: some sorting algorithms sort "quarterbam814" before "quarterbam2021".
I'm not sure what to do with BC; any suggestions?
Just "quarterbamBC44" for example; no dates will be needed.
No problems here, but it does remind me-- have we done the rivers, topo, or climate maps? If not, I can help with some of the rivers.
I'm working on the rivers (specifically the United States).
Do we have patches yet for artificial water bodies?
No, but we can easily reference off