The Quarter-BAM project

View attachment 614310
⅔ of India + Sri Lanka and Maldives + bonus Iceland.
@DJjablonski If you're still active, have nothing better to do and no physical, mental or external impediments from doing so, could you please finish up the rest of the coasts? You don't need to hurry, I only need you to finish the Americas' coasts by the time I've finished the rest of the world, which should take about a month or so. Thanks in advance!
Yeah ill get on this this weekend. School has been a bitch lately (fuck calculus) and tracing the chilean coast is an intimidating project.

Things may be slow as school wont let up until about febuary/march for me, but ill try my best.

Yeah ill get on this this weekend. School has been a bitch lately (fuck calculus) and tracing the chilean coast is an intimidating project.

Things may be slow as school wont let up until about febuary/march for me, but ill try my best.
That's okay, I can wait, and if I'm done the Old World before you've the coasts, we can meet in the middle. Funnily enough, I had attempted to do exactly this before, but gave up in the Canadian Arctic.
In the meantime, here's the other third of India plus Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, and Burma.
1610180326992.png

Here is my progress as of right now, South America is finished, Antarctica was colored in, and I made it look like an actual AH.com basemap.

I plan to do USA next, and then finish it off Canada
QuarterBAMp9.png

1610331950019.png

Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Irkutsk Oblast, Buryatia, Zabaykalsky Krai, and Mongolia. Where should I go next: Far East Russia, China, or Philippines and Indonesia?

1610527457339.png

Finished Japan, did Taiwan, started China and tried to map the South China Sea islands dispute with my new method of illustrating insular claims.

Attachments

• 1610527438695.png
    1610527438695.png
    489.4 KB · Views: 188
1611133701643.png

In lieu of an actual uppdate, take an Appendix: Some historical subdivisions and some of my creation. For the record. Norway, France, Friuli Venezia-Giulia and Latvia are obsolete, while the rest of the changes are for personal use (e.g. Regierungsbezirke for missing German states, Kashubia, new Swiss cantons, ethnic divisions of Russianrepublics).

1612076560509.png

resurecc
Unpopular opinion: Chad isn't a Central African country, except for southern parts.
@DJjablonski I've been noting that you've overestimated many lakes. I've corrected some in Africa. Also, I think dry lakes shouldn't be on the political map.

Wonderful progress! I am certainly going to use this projection when I have the chance.
Thanks! The good thing about this is that it's small enough to post here. That, and it's fully compatible with existing QBam maps; just scale down by a factor of 2.