The Quarter-BAM project

Quick question: will you only do the base map, or will you do time periods as well?
I want to do the base on my own, but i know actually getting modern (let alone historical) maps out in any reasonable timeframe will not happen on my own.

If anyone wants to help with other maps i would be more than happy to accept, but i do want to get the base done first

I'm willing to help with borders and subdivisions. However, I think we should standardize our color scheme. My ideas:
Country colors per DCS
Coasts #000020
International borders #000000
Disputed borders shown with outlines
First, second, third level subdivisions #464646, #6C6C6C, #9F9F9F
Oceans #99CCFF
Unclaimed land #C7FFC4
In the meantime, here's my progress on Western Europe.
1608192624264.png

(I tried to do the Swiss cantons, but quit because they're o absurdly tiny.)

Last edited:
I'm willing to help with borders and subdivisions. However, I think we should standardize our color scheme. My ideas:
Country colors per DCS
Coasts #000020
International borders #000000
Disputed borders shown with outlines
First, second, third level subdivisions #464646, #6C6C6C, #9F9F9F
Oceans #99CCFF
Unclaimed land #C7FFC4
In the meantime, here's my progress on Western Europe.
View attachment 608574
(I tried to do the Swiss cantons, but quit because they're o absurdly tiny.)
that was fast lmao

I like it, but could we have the coastline color black & the borders off-black instead if possible? (Not really for any reason it's just what i'm used to lmao)

that was fast lmao

I like it, but could we have the coastline color black & the borders off-black instead if possible? (Not really for any reason it's just what i'm used to lmao)
I prefer black borders and dark blue coasts because that's what I'm used to, and the standard for WorldA maps. Also, take some more progress.
1608258353707.png

Northern Italy and Croatia were headaches to do.

Last edited:
Im 99% sure the standard for Worlda maps (at least, according to the NCS scheme) is black coasts and off black borders.
*checks* Wait, you're right. However, the de facto standard is shifting in favor of my scheme.
Anyway, we should settle this in another thread, one with a poll and all the community's opinions. It seems that SUCK and TACOS agree with you and DCS (my new favourite scheme) agrees with me.

Did you forget to post the image, or do I not have enough rubies?

I guess I'll have to come back when I'm a little, mmmmmmm, richer.
Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

Yeah, I forgot the image. Here it is:
1608361294161.png

Also finished the rest of Ukraine + bonus Cyprus.
(Note: Secondary subdivisions in the German states of Schleswig-Holstein, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and Brandenburg are not and were never official. They are my creation.)

Last edited:
1610009674871.png

⅔ of India + Sri Lanka and Maldives + bonus Iceland.
@DJjablonski If you're still active, have nothing better to do and no physical, mental or external impediments from doing so, could you please finish up the rest of the coasts? You don't need to hurry, I only need you to finish the Americas' coasts by the time I've finished the rest of the world, which should take about a month or so. Thanks in advance!