The Quarter-BAM project

quarterbam1837.png

Trying to do the Southern Cone, i think it's pretty good? I put the Chaco as disputed since i think there wasn't a agreed border, used the straight line there but maybe i will change to the colonized border.

@EDIT: Also, i tried to remake the adriatic coast :p

Last edited:
I say we hold a poll on the matter of the colour scheme to use for the repository overhaul.
I agree. That's why I numbered the options. If we can't hold 3 polls, then we can just post our opinions and find the majority for each. As I said, I go with 2, 1, 1. (Official DCS style is 1, 1, 1.)

Western North America, Great Britain, Asia? You want it, it's yours my friend, as long as you have enough rupees.

DDmap2.png

@Unkown00 sorry for not using your ANZAC, but I already had mine pretty much done by the time you posted yours.
also recolored south America and added subdivisions

qazse

Gone Fishin'
I agree. That's why I numbered the options. If we can't hold 3 polls, then we can just post our opinions and find the majority for each. As I said, I go with 2, 1, 1. (Official DCS style is 1, 1, 1.)
I shall put it up once I have access to my home computer.

As the guy behind the colour scheme, I personally use now light shade for autonomous area with a core outline on the borders of the country (including coastlines, not including borders of autonomous areas with other autonomous areas or core provinces). I think the scale of the map can come a bit short with outlines, so you can scrap that. I use the dark shade for territories of the core country or dominions, while the darkest colour corresponds to territories of the dominions. For military occuppied areas, the closest match refering to the way they are administered, would be a territory of the core country (dark colour), they are under no way autonomous (albeit I personally paint military occupation with the core colour, that is up to you to decide). I chose a dark blue colour for water so it can look better when combined with shoreline outlines in varying degrees of blue, aswell as reserving black for international borders, which opens a bigger array of grey-ish colours for n levels of internals. About the alternate colours for ideologies, I trend to use them, but it's not like they are really useful given said scenarios are rare. I recall there were other questions but I did the poll before starting to write and can't access them. Genius.

For the record, here's how I use the varying shades of country colors.
- Darkest shade: Territories of dominions?
- Darker shade: Territories with less autonomy than usual/direct federal control e.g. US and Canadian territories. Also Russian autonomous okrugs. Possibly dominions?
- Normal shade: As normal.
- Lighter shade: Autonomous territories eg Russian republics; outline for protectorates.
- Lightest shade: Semi-independent entities eg Hong Kong within China.