The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

the insurgency stripes in Turkey is very untrue and should not be exist. There is no active insurgency in Turkey rn.
Was on the original map and op did say he essentially wanted that map projected on the current qbam

However I’m also just trying to make a 2023 qbam independent of that map at the same time, so I’ll rid of them, I only had them there in the first place due to their presence in the original

Current status of this map being updated for the newest qbam-base

Swapped the color scheme for something more modern (Thicc 3.0), and also took some personal liberties to how the maps displayed/updates/fixes

Any critiques?

(Yes, I hop around from country to country, lotta countries started but not finished)

((how am I supposed to display Transnistria as a Russian puppet when it’s not thick enough to be bordered with Russia’s color, I don’t wanna go and color in puppet states fully but I do think Transistria should be shown as such))
This is the correct patch for the Amur:
Amur1.png

There's not supposed to be 2 rivers side by side like that

I found some stray pixels:

I did the latest China patches and that pixel is the result of how I do coastlines.

It definitely should've been removed when the patch was ported onto the wider Q-BAM.

Because I'm currently in the process of updating my updated patches, when the new-new patch is out I'll make sure it's friendly to how the Q-BAM is generally done.

The dispute with Romania was settled years ago IIRC, but the war might have led to Russia making a claim
As far as I could tell they haven’t made a claim to it at least not formally.
It’s administered by Odesa oblast which as of now has yet hasn’t been annexed.

So, fixed

Work has left me unable to finish the updated map (At least for the next month). Unfortunately since I can’t work on it right now that means it won’t be finished for a while. You are all welcome to finish it, keeping the original reference map in mind. I may potentially come back whence work dies down to put any final touches/my stylistic approach to the map but in the meantime some help finishing it would be much appreciated, thank you.

(Yeah, as mentioned before I hop around leaving a lot of countries halfway done to finish later, mainly Canada and Russia, so apologies if this causes complications).

Work has left me unable to finish the updated map (At least for the next month). Unfortunately since I can’t work on it right now that means it won’t be finished for a while. You are all welcome to finish it, keeping the original reference map in mind. I may potentially come back whence work dies down to put any final touches/my stylistic approach to the map but in the meantime some help finishing it would be much appreciated, thank you.

(Yeah, as mentioned before I hop around leaving a lot of countries halfway done to finish later, mainly Canada and Russia, so apologies if this causes complications).
Hi, this is Yeast • Cartography, I’ve been lurking here for a few years but never really had the time or interest to really speak until now, I don’t really like communities due to bad experiences. I have noticed you all have taken interest in my current day map, and I really really enjoy watching other people use what I make as resources for their own projects. Stuff like this is what I’ve always wanted to make, and I cannot state enough how happy this makes me. I felt a bit bad that I wasn’t here to talk about the map or answer any questions. I’ll be looking for any questions and be answering them. I’ve also taken some notes about some things I’ve noticed on the map you’re making using mine, which I think will be able to help you out. Some of the things are just asking about stuff I don’t recognize though.
  • Donetsk and Luhansk are Republics within Russia.
  • Rozivka in Zaporizhia and Oskil in Lhakriv oblasts are claimed by the Donetsk People’s Republic within Russia. The Russian government has not clarified if they recognize this.
  • Russian Kherson Oblast claims the Snihurivka Raion in Mykolaiv oblast as well as the Kinburn spit. However, some Russian government sources in Kherson claimed in September of last year that all of Mykolaiv oblast was part of Kherson. Since the Russian government refuses to clarify if they recognize either of these claims, in my original map I showed all three possible claimed borders.
  • PKK Should be shown separately from Peshmerga.
  • PKK Should be shown in Turkey (Some may not feel this is necessary, honestly up to personal choice.
  • Turkish occupation in Rojava seems a bit off.
  • Azeri corridor in Armenia is just a proposal, this does not actually exist.
  • Togo does not claim Western Togoland. Western Togoland has no affiliation with Togo and is a completely separate entity.
  • Al Qaeda affiliated in southern Algeria and northern Niger don’t control anything as of this time in 2023 to my knowledge. Correct me if I’m wrong.
  • I’m not really sure what is going on in Tigray, but the TPLF is being integrated with Ethiopia currently.
  • The Wikipedia map for the Sudan war is very outdated and I would suggest not using it currently.
  • I’m not sure what that is in Northern Chad, is it supposed to be Wagner or something?
  • To my knowledge the Naxalites do still exist in India.
  • The Myanmar conflict is extremely simplified, stuff like Chinland is just completely gone, though this could just be that it’s not done yet.
  • The Taliban having complete control of Afghanistan seems very unrealistic and seems to be refuted by every reputable source I’ve seen, same goes for Pakistan.
  • Missing Insurgency in Xinjiang.
  • I personally would not show South Ossetia, Abkhazia, Belarus, or Transnistria as Russian puppets. Same goes for Northern Cyprus and Turkey. While these states are closely affiliated with Russia/Turkey, but they act very much independently and are able to make decisions that defy Moscow/Ankara, and once you get into making all these states puppets it opens the door to having Palau and Kiribati being American puppets and it just gets really messy. Also if the Belarus thing is meant to be the Union state then Russia should have the Belarus color around its border too.
  • Semi-Independent Puntland is missing.
  • Missing Partisans in Chechnya and Ingushetia.
  • Cherán anarchists are missing in Mexico.
  • EZLN has some influence over the rest of Chiapas.
  • Missing uncontacted DR Congo group.
  • Missing the nations of east Oklahoma. (This is also probably up to preference.)
  • North Kosovo is not part of Serbia. It is a self governing semi-independent entity under the influence of Serbia, Kosovo, and NATO.
  • I’m not sure what the purple thing in Denmark is meant to be.
  • Iraqi militia groups are missing. (Also probably due to it being unfinished.)
  • Barbacha is missing in Algeria.
  • Other anarchist communes in Europe are missing. (This is DEFINITELY a personal preference thing.)
  • Artsakh claimed borders are inaccurate.
  • Syrian National Army groups should probably be shown as separate from Turkey.
  • A lot of claimed borders are missing such as those of Azawad, Kivu groups, the Houthis in Yemen/The Southern Council, Casamance, Awdal, Ambazonia, and the Republic of Logone. Bashkorstan and Ingueshetia could also be included here but that’s definitely a personal preference thing.
  • Awdal Liberation Army is missing in Somaliland.
  • Siachen glacier is missing in Kashmir.
  • The glaciers in Greenland seem to be exaggerated.
  • ISIS in Chad seems to be missing.
  • Massive amount of groups in Colombia are missing. (This is probably also due to it not being done.
  • Some mistakes I made on my older version of the map carried over to this, such as some Turkish peninsulas being shown as part of Greece.
  • I’m also not sure what those yellow lines in Mexico are meant to be.
There’s also some nice additions I’m probably going to be adding to my map.
  • Dispute between Eritrea and Djibouti I did not know of.
  • Changes to the maritime boundaries I’m probably going to borrow from.
  • Dispute in Malaysia I didn’t know about.
  • Also I like what you did with the DMZs.

Does anyone here have the updated blank Q-Bam? May it have all those lakes that are drying up like the Aral Sea. I just can't get any updated Q-Bam blank maps.