The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
Patch for Russo-Ukrainian War
Early February 26th, 2022 • Start of Kyiv Offensive

View attachment 721854

*PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I know that my claimed territory “dots” are off, I don’t understand quite how to make them. Also, if anyone can tell me an easier way to make occupation stripes than by hand that would be greatly appreciated, much thanks

If you’re using paint.net, you can make a striped area easily by selecting both colors and switching the paint bucket full from full to whichever type of stripe you want.

Patch for Russo-Ukrainian War
Early February 26th, 2022 • Start of Kyiv Offensive

View attachment 721854

*PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I know that my claimed territory “dots” are off, I don’t understand quite how to make them. Also, if anyone can tell me an easier way to make occupation stripes than by hand that would be greatly appreciated, much thanks
If you're using MSPaint, you can follow the instructions laid out here in 2008(!) by @Thande

(The 'skew' mechanism in more modern MSPaint versions is, perhaps unintuitively, located in the menu that appears on clicking 'Resize'.)

Does anyone have a topography-only QBAM?
etXV9Qo.png

88q2w2t.png

Hope its not interfering with the current project.
I made a quick rough Hydrological map.
Based it on the Robinson 8K map.
I've completely dropped that project, I don't have the time really to do much more than just lurk, with maybe some minor patches here and there, I'm really excited to see someone else doing this work though, especially someone with your skill

1648310233463.png

So here's what I've been working on:

If you didn't know, Somalia is divided into 6 Federal Member States, which 5 of them actually support the government, or at least Somali Unity under Somalia. The states shown here are as follows:
Jubaland
South-West
(Koonfur Galbeed in Somali)
Hirshabelle
Galmadug

Puntland's borders are shown at the top (still unsure of them to be honest), and the small area is Banaadir, home to the Nation's Capital, Mogadishu. This map will contain regions later, but I just wanted to showcase the Somali States.

I used @Bob Hope's map and THICC 3.0

Last edited:
1648412005802.png

I've updated Somaliland's borders but haven't put Puntland's claims in Ayn, Sool and Sanag. The Circle-ish area is Al-Shabaab influenced areas. ISIS will be put in the map after I finish the Claims made by Puntland.

Ayn was also the Province that wanted to join Somalia under the name Khatumo State (Dowlad Goboleedka Khaatumo).

KS claimed alot of Puntland's claims but really, had no control over any province except Ayn/Togdheer.