The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Yeah, it is an entirely new basemap based on @Spinovenator 's re-projection here

It is my first time with something like this as well, but if you'd rather not dip your toes in with that in mind I wouldn't mind
I don't really know, comparing to the re-projection:
View attachment 636168
If this new version of the Q-BAM map has a better projection than the Robinson projection. Then maybe we should begin anew and continue to work on this map from this day

I really don't get the point of replacing the Q-BAM with an entirely different basemap considering how much work has already been put into the Q-BAM. It will take an extremely long amount of time to redo all of the internal and historical borders. I think it's better suited in its own thread since it is a completely separate project.

Sorry for asking, but where can I find the original, minus the lat/long lines?
ddaf4o9-76c114e6-c8f2-4647-b4dd-bcb4f27e58a6.png

Oh someone ping me here, well this one is the original, but it has a crucial detail, Q-BAM does not have a known projection formula, they have had past attempts to try to find out which projection it is but without success; so keep in mind that the Q-BAM is not a symmetric map, the southern hemisphere is larger than the north and the east-west edges apparently have extended water pixels, so the grid of coordinates that I had assembled doesn’t fit perfectly.
Summarizing the way I set this up, the latitudes were done based on the supposed equator line (aka looking at the possibility of the cities where the equator passes in Q-BAM), after that, it was basically doing the same thing with other latitudes of 5 in 5 degrees going north (which hemisphere I think is more correct); the logitudes were made with pure mathematics (the length of the Q-BAM divided by 180), note that from east to west the Q-BAM is symmetrical (despite the extra water) and the primary meridian has two pixels.
Another very important thing: the primary meridian of Q-BAM (or as I like to call Qreenwich) is located over Oslo, Norway, around 11.5 degrees east of Greenwich (which is marked with the red line next to degree -10), this happens to try not to cut Russia and the USA in Beringia, something that unfortunately is not possible (and that is why there is the mistake of having extra water there).

By the way, I’m very nice someone has been trying to fix the Q-BAM, anyway @Xasper H. , what are you doing on top of which OSM data projection? If you want, i was playing with water and rivers data from ESRI at QGIS, if you want some extra source for rivers and lakes, let me know, also have sources for indigineous lands no present on the current Q-BAM