The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Palestine Patch.png

Got rid of the red border for most of the Green Line. Showcased Zone C as Israeli occupied, and East Jerusalem as contested. As Israel does not de jure claim all of Palestine and only de facto controls part of the West Bank, this patch allows us to showcase that in greater detail than before. Also added Sheeba Farms dispute within the Golan Heights.

EDIT: Fixed East Jerusalem at recommendation of @Frank Hart

Last edited:
View attachment 560405
Got rid of the red border for most of the Green Line. Showcased Zone C as Israeli occupied, and East Jerusalem as contested. As Israel does not de jure claim all of Palestine and only de facto controls part of the West Bank, this patch allows us to showcase that in greater detail than before. Also added Sheeba Farms dispute within the Golan Heights.
East Jerusalem should be shown as Israeli territory (as in Israel main colour), with a red line separating it from the rest of Israel to show that it is disputed.

Amazonia.png

I've begun work on including rebel groups that control territory into the QBAM. Makes sense to me since Donetsk and Luhansk are included. Anyways, here's Ambazonia. Had to eyeball it because unfortunately there is only one or two maps that show controlled territory, and none of them show internal subdivisions past the primary level.

Do we have a version of the Q-BAM with only the national borders (and maybe the first level divisions for all + second level for Russia)? Coloured preferred.

Last edited:
I noticed the lack of any second level administrative divisions of Libya. For what it's worth, whether or not it's up to date or not, here's a map of the districts of Libya:

View attachment 569127
For what it's worth, this is the closest thing we'll ever get to a second-level administrative division of Libya. Could someone confirm whether the attached map is accurate? Or maybe just create a Libya patch?

I am unable to upload it here so I have posted it on imgur. There is also a blank version with no borders included.

What has been changed:
  • Updated with all the new patches since the last version
  • Updated the provinces of Norway to the new 2020 ones
  • Updated 2nd level divisions of Sardinia and removed the ones in Friuli Venezia Giulia as they have been abolished in 2017
  • Added a new Sierra Leonean province created in 2017
  • Added the new Algerian provinces created in 2019
  • Added the Ladakh Union Territory border in India, unsure about the districts
  • Fixed some disputed territories being shown wrong (mostly in India) and removed disputed borders that don't actually exist (such as in the Marshall Islands and Micronesia)
  • Changed the island boxes to only show countries and 1st level divisions, some of the islands outlined seemed to be completely random
  • Updated the legend to look nicer
  • Removed Sealand, I keep seeing it popping up on historical maps, it really shouldn't be on here it's literally just an oil rig
  • Fixed many miscoloured pixels throughout the entire map
  • Some other minor fixes I might have forgotten about
And a few notes:
  • I have changed the island boxes to a more square look, if any of you prefer the more rounded versions more I will revert them back
  • I have not added the updated lakes from Drex's river maps yet, waiting for an official patch
If I made any mistakes please do point them out I am sure I missed something lol

2020/07/11 EDIT:
  • Added the Transnistria and Israel-Palestine patches
  • Fixed an island in Canada

That splotch of land to the west of Maralinga Tjarutja LGA (in South Australia) is now the Mamungari Conservation Park, and has been governed by Maralinga Tjarutja since 2004.

Does anyone have a q-bam ocean depth map? I'll look through the thread to see if I can find one but if someone already has one that would be fantastic.

Updated the album:
  • Added all the new patches
  • Finally added the lake patches from Drex in North America
  • Gave dry lakes a separate colour for the sake of easier editing
  • Updated the South Sudanese states to the new ones, unsure on the districts
  • Fixed the Maralinga Tjarutja border in Australia
  • Added a separate map which has the official administrative division levels of each country
One thing to note, the districts of Kosovo are incorrect.

Can there be one without the Native reservations? Not that I don't have a problem with them, but I'm considering making a Q-BAM patch of some proposed Brazilian states, and the reservations make it tricky to find the borders needed.

I have considered it but the Brazilian 2nd/3rd levels were added after the reservation borders were patched in, so it would difficult to fix all the borders.

I might attempt it at some point when I have the time.