The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Hello guys, I have been working in a definitive blank map for a while (if this is possible) and I have noticed that nobody has added the Rann of Kutch, I know that most of it is salt pan and marshes, but I think there are two lakes who has water all year, am I wrong? Should it be added to the base map? or better I remove it from my map?

Attachments

• Kutch.png
    Kutch.png
    679 bytes · Views: 477
Question regarding Venezuela. There are borders that follow the Orinoco River that shift between provincial border and terrestrial border. I wanted to be clear that this is intentional and not a relic from the early days of the QBAM having an inconsistent color scheme. If the regions in question are intended to be wholly black, as to indicate larger sections of the river that could denote lakes, then the issue is moot. However, if the length of those borders is intended to be entirely the coloration of the provincial border, then I can make a quick change to that, as I am already working on something pertaining to the region.

Question regarding Venezuela. There are borders that follow the Orinoco River that shift between provincial border and terrestrial border. I wanted to be clear that this is intentional and not a relic from the early days of the QBAM having an inconsistent color scheme. If the regions in question are intended to be wholly black, as to indicate larger sections of the river that could denote lakes, then the issue is moot. However, if the length of those borders is intended to be entirely the coloration of the provincial border, then I can make a quick change to that, as I am already working on something pertaining to the region.
Since the river is quite wide in some places, and there are "lakes", those coastline-colored lines are actually meant to represent that. The same happens in other big rivers like the Amazon

Since the river is quite wide in some places, and there are "lakes", those coastline-colored lines are actually meant to represent that. The same happens in other big rivers like the Amazon
I figured as much. But I wanted to make sure of this before I wantonly recolored them without regard for their purpose for existing at all.

I was wondering : what do you use to locate the positions of islands compared to the nearest coasts (for example France islands on Atlantic coast) or in the middle of the oceans (for example Cape Verde archipelago) ?
I guess it's not Google Maps, isn't it ?

Fin. Do note that Peter I Island, the western Hawaiian Islands, Wake Island, and the Balleny Islands were in the wrong place and were thus moved in this map.

ddj5p7o-9a78d9ac-feb3-4bd8-88b4-93098d181f7f.png

EDIT: Fixed the Turkmen-Uzbek border snafu.

Amazing map. Does anyone have this map, with those same internal borders, rivers, lakes and the coastal economic zones but blank?
And if is not heretic to ask: Perhaps someone will have a larger resolution like 8k or 12k?

Hello guys, I have been working in a definitive blank map for a while (if this is possible) and I have noticed that nobody has added the Rann of Kutch, I know that most of it is salt pan and marshes, but I think there are two lakes who has water all year, am I wrong? Should it be added to the base map? or better I remove it from my map?

I am interested about your definitive blank map and i hope you will release it soon
Can you add rivers too please ?

Or else, i'm asking for the most updated world map of rivers this thread have

Henan and Shanxi.png

It has been basically 60 days since I last posted anything which contributed to what I volunteered to do. I'm sorry, I got distracted with historical qbams and just real life stuff. I'm getting back on it.

Should be nice to see all of the China updates on one map. It'll make depicting the ethnic groups of the country easier given the myriad autonomous counties.
On the Q-BAM, we've likely reached the maximum (maybe except in Norway and Romania). We'll have to work on the rivers by now.

Should be nice to see all of the China updates on one map. It'll make depicting the ethnic groups of the country easier given the myriad autonomous counties.
China and its claims.png

China and claims (due to its extensive claim in the South China Sea, all of the Philippines would be shown)

Also, bonus: Districts of Sevastopol and Sochi, as well as a separated Maykop from Maykopsky District and Kerch from Lenine District
Sevastopol and Sochi.png

The districts of the former are barely visible at this scale, but is moderately okay in the latter.

Edit: Another bonus: Beloretsky District, Bashkortostan
Beloretsky District.png

Last edited: