The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Yet another of my famous small island patches. Moved Farsi (Iran), as it was not in the correct location. Added Qaruh (Kuwait), Karan/Kurayn as one 1x2 pixel (Saudi Arabia), and Halul and Shira'awh (Qatar).
Persian Gulf Islands patch.png

Yet another of my famous small island patches. Moved Farsi (Iran), as it was not in the correct location. Added Qaruh (Kuwait), Karan/Kurayn as one 1x2 pixel (Saudi Arabia), and Halul and Shira'awh (Qatar).
View attachment 492716

With your help, the Q-Bam will be more precise than ever : its great !
Thank you for all your dedication and i'm really looking forward to see the new EEZ map

Moved Banc du Gyser, as it was wrongly located northwest instead of southwest of Glorioso Island.

Added Rockall, west of Scotland.

Banc du Gyser Patch.png
Rockall Patch.png

This made me think about the QBAM meridian line that is offcenter from the Prime Meridian. Do we want to call it something like the Asker Meridian (based in Asker, Norway), or maybe figure the latitude range and make that its namesake? IDK, QBAM Meridian sounds a bit stiff to speak out, and this chosen latitude is not unique to QBAM alone.

Edit: Perhaps Oslofjord Meridian?

This made me think about the QBAM meridian line that is offcenter from the Prime Meridian. Do we want to call it something like the Asker Meridian (based in Asker, Norway), or maybe figure the latitude range and make that its namesake? IDK, QBAM Meridian sounds a bit stiff to speak out, and this chosen latitude is not unique to QBAM alone.

It's already the Florence Meridian.

Ours is the Oslo Meridian, not the Florence Meridian. Cutting the map vertically into two equal pieces, and you see it bisects Oslo.

Last edited:
Minor patch: Karamay and Ürümqi, Xinjiang
Karamay and Ürümqi Patch.png

Also, an advice: We might want to have a version of Q-BAM without the red / orange lines of disputes. For example, those in Arunachal Pradesh, Kashmir, and the Yucatan Peninsula are eyesores since they do not necessarily follow administrative bounaries.

Last edited: