The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

ST15RM

Banned
oh.. and about PR, no, i could not get all the municipios onto the qbam.
however, in march the governor of PR said that he would want to combine them into counties, which... CAN fit on the qbam!
upload_2019-7-3_11-41-53.png

(if just barely)

so let's hope the governor succeeds in this plan

Here's a map with the last couple pages of patches:
- Sharklord1's Yunnan, Ganges, Siberian Coast, and Coastal China
- Kolafloro's South Sudan, Guinea, and Ghana
- Drex's Melanesia/Tonga
- ST15RM's US States and Puerto Rico
I didn't include Prof_Chemical's Wales or Kolafloro's Republic of the Congo because I wasn't sure how to resolve Wales's subdivisions or the location of Pool Malebo.
jUXDBBR.png

ST15RM

Banned
FGU6D0w.png

i'm gonna leave out the grand divisions (their just too confusing to place) and added what i think is all the rest of the american native reservations.

Here's a map with the last couple pages of patches:
- Sharklord1's Yunnan, Ganges, Siberian Coast, and Coastal China
- Kolafloro's South Sudan, Guinea, and Ghana
- Drex's Melanesia/Tonga
- ST15RM's US States and Puerto Rico
I didn't include Prof_Chemical's Wales or Kolafloro's Republic of the Congo because I wasn't sure how to resolve Wales's subdivisions or the location of Pool Malebo.
jUXDBBR.png
From the looks of it, Kolafloro's RotC could be added in (Pool Malebo looked just fine to me)

i'm gonna leave out the grand divisions (their just too confusing to place) and added what i think is all the rest of the american native reservations.
Yeah, my justification was that they're legal entities under state law, but they really aren't used much so they should probably be left out.

From the looks of it, Kolafloro's RotC could be added in (Pool Malebo looked just fine to me)
Lake Mai-Ndombe, most of the borders, and the endpoints of the coastline all match up, but Pool Malebo and a bit of the border south of it don't, at least when I tried it. I'm not very knowledgeable on this so I figured it'd be better to bring it up instead of guessing where it goes myself.
0XojfhO.png

Recolored it to show the bit I'm talking about and differentiate the patch and the basemap. The darker red is (what I'm assuming is) the Pool Malebo from the original, while the one in coast color is the one on the patch.

ddadvkl-b3690eac-87c0-4c39-aab4-3d53f5658f45.png

Finally I just finished drawing the coordinates, now it's legend and I added the meridian of Greenwich (I was forgetting her Frank Hart, sorry), now the only question is the size of the map, but anyway...

ddaf4o9-76c114e6-c8f2-4647-b4dd-bcb4f27e58a6.png

Remember the province map I posted earlier on? Well it's done. I'll soon post a map with modern borders and colours in this same message.
ddb3f6s-d7ec5d7e-f776-49d5-a9ec-98b320d3c4a1.png

Edit: Modern map.
ddb4va1-caa8c0d5-f0dd-4e81-858c-6b662919cec3.png

Last edited:
I have been working on several historical maps of the world. some of them i have found on the internet (therfore the colour schemes and sizes might be diffrent from eachother), and for the others i used the ones i found as basemaps (or a modern map i coloured myself as a base). i tried to find meaningfull periods to do accroding to (and now that i did the maps i am not changing). i will probably work on more maps further back later. i will try to post those maps, i hope the files aren't too big.

OK the file IS to big, so i will just provide a link to where i keep all thoose. the periods i have so far:
15th 1815- January 28th, 1871: Pax Britannica

January 28th, 1871- June 28th, 1914: Belle Epoch

June 28th, 1914- June 28th, 1919: WW1

June 28th, 1919- January 30th, 1933: Interwar Period

January 30th, 1933- June 24th, 1948: WWII

June 24th, 1948- January 1st, 1990: Cold war

January 1st, 1990-September 11th, 2001: Post-Soviet Era

September 11th, 2001- Present: War on Terror

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/im1q5gdzvtdicer/AADzmR_dKugj5b64oUF-N-yca?dl=0

I am currently working on a map of the world on the original bastille day (July 14th, 1789).

Well, since it seems very calm here, let's animate a little, I tried to create the Amazon Reef in Q-bam, still WIP, I intend to map the reefs of the Brazilian coast (particularly the Abrolhos archipelago and the Atoll das Rocas) and rework the islands of São Pedro and São Paulo, maybe patch the coast if I find anything strange... so yeah that's all.

upload_2019-7-19_13-40-45.png

Anyway, I am using the nautical charts of the Brazilian navy as a source, I hope I have taken the right proportions... I added the Atol das Rocas to the west of Fernado de Noronha, the Archipelago of Abrolhos along with other reefs to the south of the state of Bahia, the range of coastal reefs between Sergipe and Pernambuco and I tried to add some lakes of the Lençóis Maranhenses and rework the Bay of All Saints and São Paulo & São Pedro isles... In general, is verry little...

upload_2019-7-20_19-31-26.png

OH, about the Amazon reef, as far as I can see from my research there is no complete mapping of it, so consider it with a grain of salt o_O

By the way, any progress in the county-level subdivisions of Chinese provinces? The large ones would sure need some work (Heilongjiang, Sichuan, Jilin, Gansu, Qinghai to name some)